Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how one of the rewards is getting blocked on Twitter by Kamiya.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
      Precedent? Double Fine have been doing it for years, haven't they?
      Read what I wrote again.

I'm pretty sure I was referring to established - major - devs and publishers.

Comment

Fans and their money can do as they please but I won't lie, this KS rubs me up the wrong way. They clearly already spent money making the thing and it's also clearly done meaning they already did all their assessments etc and spent the money on its whether the KS failed or not. Switch fans are blatantly funding other formats belated porting so for me this can't help but shine a poor light on Platinum

Comment

£31 for a Switch game is pretty good so it's a decent pre order. Plus there's access to the app game.

Comment

Wait its already finished for Switch? What an absolute crock of horse s**t the crowdfunding is then. This surely can’t be legal?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              £31 for a Switch game is pretty good so it's a decent pre order. Plus there's access to the app game.
              It’s only a preorder if they don’t collapse. That’s something people often miss about KS. It’s not a preorder system, it’s a support system with rewards.

And here, some crazy people have backed it for over a grand. 75 people for more than $300. It’s all kind of nuts but that’s the big difference between KS and just making it and selling it right there. But I genuinely don’t understand the costs involved here. I missed what was on the Kickstarter page when it went up but Nintendolife said the Switch port would be a runner at $50k but the Steam port not until $250 and PS4 at $500k. Maybe they got it wrong? No stretch goals show on the actual KS page for me.

Comment

Two new stretch goals just added:

$1m - Time Attack Mode
                $1.5m - Luka's First Mission (A 2D side scrolling adventure)

Comment

I'll back this because it'll be more expensive on release. Digital or physical? Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                    Read what I wrote again.

I'm pretty sure I was referring to established - major - devs and publishers.
                    I think DF qualified as 'established' devs when they started into kickstarter; indeed, the same criticism was made against them as are being made against platinum now.

Comment

I’m thinking to go for Switch in case they keep the stylus control scheme. Drawing those shapes with the joystick wasn’t fun.

But then you’d have to draw on the screen itself. And only in handheld mode.

Hmmm......

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        I think DF qualified as 'established' devs when they started into kickstarter; indeed, the same criticism was made against them as are being made against platinum now.

If you really want to pretend that DF are on the same level as Platinum then fine, but you know full well what I meant with my post so stop being disingenuous.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                          I'll back this because it'll be more expensive on release. Digital or physical? Hmmm...
                          Will it?

Shovel Knight was significantly cheaper on general release than it was as a KS pledge reward, but then again Yacht Club Games is decidedly indie and not a major dev like Platinum, so who knows?
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-02-2020, 04:55.

Comment

Addimg a fiver for postage makes it not worth it for me. Plus import fees.

Comment

PC players hankering for a spot of big stompy robot action are in luck; developer Marvelous has announced that previous…

Daemon X Machina leaves its NS exclusivity next week and lands on PC

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

If you really want to pretend that DF are on the same level as Platinum then fine, but you know full well what I meant with my post so stop being disingenuous.
                                Yikes!

I'm not trying to be disingenuous or pretend Platinum are Double Fine, merely pointing out that established devs have previously gone cap-in-hand to Kickstarter so the idea that it is 'unprecedented' is wrong.

EDIT: I agree, though, that Platinum appear to be kicking the manipulation/extortion levels up to 11 with this one, especially as the Switch port appears to be done already. I wonder what 2, 3 and 4 of the P4 jamboree will bring...more kickstarters of completed work?
                                Last edited by Golgo; 04-02-2020, 13:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X