Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The really need to crack on and put a new F-Zero out along with their other idle franchises, keep it economical and get to it Nintendo! If you can pump out nearly a dozen Mario Party's you can make those series too

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      The really need to crack on and put a new F-Zero out along with their other idle franchises, keep it economical and get to it Nintendo! If you can pump out nearly a dozen Mario Party's you can make those series too
      Why waste the dev time on a new fzero when all the fans will just moan its not a patch on GX? and also wont sell.

Comment

It'll sell... once they add two Pokémon racers into the game the PIKA-2 and EV racers

Comment

I would argue something like F-Zero is important regardless of whether it sells or not. What systems need is the perception of a wide library. I know I'm not the only one who has bought a system with a long list of games I might buy on it. I often don't ever buy many of those games but the choice being available is a big draw. The Switch needs a wide, fleshed out library. It has a couple of indie futuristic racers (and Grip is pretty good as a game but the performance is poor on the system) but nothing that contributes enough to tick that box. Nintendo could do it themselves and F-Zero has enough of a rabid fanbase that it would draw some hype even if sales aren't huge.

As SF says, make it economical. In fact, with the way F-Zero tracks work, they could cannibalise the two tracks in MK8 and build about 8 tracks from just those assets, amend the physics with the same engine and that's half the game done. See how easy it is? I should really be in gaming with my in-depth knowledge in how this all works...

Comment

Yep, or give a small visual bump to GX and rerelease it given they're banking millions of sales on £50 vanilla ports as it is

Comment

I do think F-Zero has peaked already. Twice. The first game is perfection in its original format, and GX is just about the perfect 3D version. I'm not sure where they could take it ... or if enough people would even care.

Comment

Well I'm not even joking about MK8. The two F-Zero tracks in that are great. Chuck some F-Zero ships in there and it's a pretty good F-Zero game already.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  I do think F-Zero has peaked already. Twice. The first game is perfection in its original format, and GX is just about the perfect 3D version. I'm not sure where they could take it ... or if enough people would even care.
                  Battle Royale.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Battle Royale.
                    Fair play, I'd buy that

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Battle Royale.
                      An F-zero Battle Royal racer where you start as one of a 100 racers and keep going till your the last man standing, You could have risk reward as a big factor of track design too. The risky route gets you more health but could also see you plummet to your death. keeping the pack together would be an issue, you'd have to have a serious rubber-banding/catch up mechanic going on. Or maybe a timer ticking down where the back of the pack get eliminated to make it an actual race.

Comment

I hope Luigi's Mansion 3 stays on track for release this year (assuming that was the plan). As much as I'd enjoy a new mainline Pokémon and Animal Crossing they're passive gaming experiences and it'd be nice to have some sort of action based title to look forward to.

Comment

The thing about Animal Crossing is that it's such a long term game that I don't think it would be a great idea to leave it late in the system's life. I know we're a long way off from that but it's a game best placed when everyone has their Switch handy and isn't considering moving it away.

Comment

Yep, I'd rather see AC come out this year and Pokémon delayed till next year. With Let's Go coming out a few months back Pokémon would be the one I'd rather wait out on

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Yep, or give a small visual bump to GX and rerelease it given they're banking millions of sales on £50 vanilla ports as it is
                              I think most fans would love a new version but I recall reading an interview with Miyamoto seems to not really care giving some rubbish excuse that there is no where new to take the next game.

Hell at this point I would be happy with GameCube remaster.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                                I think most fans would love a new version but I recall reading an interview with Miyamoto seems to not really care giving some rubbish excuse that there is no where new to take the next game.
                                It's a daft excuse too. Where exactly does NSMB Deluxe go that previous games didn't? And didn't taking the game to a new place ruin Starfox Zero?

Comment

Working...
                                X