Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd buy F Zero if it was an unfuzzy F-Zero X. The Battle Royale idea is a perfect mode, too.

Comment

I was just thinking about a 100 racer game I wonder what technical limitations would need to be taken into account for that.

Comment

How many were in the F Zero X battle royale mode? Doesn't NEED to be 100. See Tetris 99!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
          How many were in the F Zero X battle royale mode? Doesn't NEED to be 100. See Tetris 99!
          Lol! It's that ONE ship that will make or break the game. IT HAS TO BE 100!

Comment

I think 100 would be pushing the venn diagram of people who bought the game + a nintendo online pass + online together to its limit!

Comment

If they ever do rereleases for GC stuff, even if it's in an eStore VC style manner, they should have the AX content unlocked by default

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                I was just thinking about a 100 racer game I wonder what technical limitations would need to be taken into account for that.
                It's tricky.

Battle Royale games generally work because although they're ~200-player, they generally involve the wiping out of the majority of players very quickly. This means that about ~25 or so are usually left over for the bulk of the match.

Fortnite's network rates, i.e. the amount of "space" each player gets to take up in the server's calculations, actually increases as players die. This means Fortnite's gameplay is actually quite janky when the game starts, and tightens up when the herd thins out. That's in part because while most gaming-related computing things have improved in the last 10 years, computer networking (as it pertains to games) is still very similar to how it was in ~2004, when Planetside pretty much maxed out what could be done with it.

This works in Fortnite because the playerbase spreads out, and other things help it. A racing game would be trickier because it involves collisions at speed during a complex physics simulation. It's certainly not impossible but it's a unique challenge.

Comment

Tetris 99 has me diving right back in for one more go. It's addictive, but best I've got is 24th. Quite a fe times, I have been targeted by a fair few from the off which ends me within 20 seconds or less!

Anyone got any tips? I imagine you start out on KO and then switch to attackers then being targeted? Obviously being good at Tetris would help

Comment

Go for the Tetris every time and use hard drop to speed yourself up. If you need practice, bust out old school Tetris and play Game B, Level 9 High 5. That's all I practiced on for a long time. Tetris 99 the best I've managed so far is #5. Also think about targeting attackers so that you get them first. I also find that the Pro controller is not as good as using 2 Joycons, that split D-pad makes a huge difference.

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    Death Race had 30 vehicles to start.

Comment

The d-pad buttons are almost essential for fast Tetris. I said that all along when caning PuyoPuyoTetris and got laughed at.

Comment

Yeah, I use the D-Pad. I don't think it allows you to even use the stick.

I'm not bad at Tetris, but I think if you are targeted by multiple players off the bat, then you are straight away up against potential hell. I feel sometimes it's just bad luck.

Still doesn't stop me from playing another round...

Comment

Eh, you can target other players manually?

Comment

The demo of the new Yoshi game looks pretty but I found it criminally dull. Definitely one I’ll be skipping. Undertale and a thing called 2064 Read Only Memories are on sale though so I got those to add to my long gaming queue.

Comment

New Yoshi doesn't feel like a platformer at all. More like an exploration game. Likely something I'll play with my son once he gets a bit bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                Eh, you can target other players manually?
                                Pretty much just like 10-player on Tetris DS, then...

Comment

Working...
                                X