X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nindies!

Wonderful name.

Comment

GDC this week so should be plenty on Nindies for them to highlight, switch really has become the home of indies especially the past few weeks, have seen some crackers hit switch.

Baba is You
      The Red Strings Club
      Ape Out
      Anodyne
      Delature Chapter 1
      Oil Oli
      Love
      Oniken
      Wargroove

Will be excited to see what they show on Wednesday, know Castle Crasher will at least be one of them.

Comment

how often do Nintendo so sales/discounts on digital games? got a few games I fancy playing but if they get discounted often I might wait a bit

Comment

On their own games? Or just generally on the store? On the store as a whole, there are always sales running and it's always worth keeping an eye out for some good deals. On Nintendo's own, I don't remember seeing them pop up in the sales very often and, when they do, I have a suspicion that buying physical is often cheaper due to the starting prices being high.

Comment

For those who are curious about the Famicom Joycon controllers, I noted the following while getting the UK NES versions...

- You cannot order the controllers on a trial/free subscription (no big surprise)
            - You cannot order the controllers on a child account (rules out using a UK-based family sub)
            - You pay on the Nintendo site, Visa/MC only (eShop balance / coupons / PayPal etc out of question)

Assuming these work similarly with the Japanese site, even with a proxy address and a 1-month sub store code, I think having whatever local payment option they require (and likely a local billing address to match it) is going to trip me up. Think I'm turning this over to the Japan-based forumites - anyone willing to help get these ordered? Happy to cover all (actual + time) costs + extra.

Comment

just generally, mainly for indie games etc. I'll keep an eye out

Comment

Yeah, sales on indie games happen all the time and it’s possible to get some good prices. Also Capcom seem to run sales a lot.

Comment

M2's upcoming SEGA AGES port of Virtua Racing will support 8-player local and online multiplayer.

Day. One. Purchase.

Comment

Turok is on Switch. I don't remember it being a good game. I bet it's aged horribly. I seem to want to buy it and I don't know what's wrong with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      Oh God. Fingers crossed for Daytona then.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Turok is on Switch. I don't remember it being a good game. I bet it's aged horribly. I seem to want to buy it and I don't know what's wrong with me.
                        Yeah, it had one of those "all-platforms" releases a couple of years ago. It's probably now going to show up on every plaform, from now until the end of time, despite (1) not being terribly good in the first place (just thought I'd toss that grenade in there before I run), and (2) being an FPS game, the genre which may have just moved on the most in all game genres since its release.

EDIT: Also about sales - indies get them all the time, but Nintendo's own titles rarely get discounts. When they do, they tend to be of the sort where they wouldn't convince you to buy it, but you might snap the game up now as opposed to "eventually". I'm still watching out for Hyrule Warriors and Pokken; I'd buy either for £20. ARMS did come down to £25 once for a sale, so you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          How in the world can you have 8 players on the same screen, each player's area of view will be tiny.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                            How in the world can you have 8 players on the same screen, each player's area of view will be tiny.
                            I did post the link for a reason. The article explains it.

But yeah, probably not worthwhile unless you have a massive panel. That said, I have faith that M2 can make it work given their stellar track record with Sega games to date.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 19-03-2019, 14:53.

Comment

Oh I read the article and see all the little black play fields. Still don't understand how that will work though.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                                It can be done, I remember having a druken 8 player game with Street Racer on the Saturn, back inthe day

Comment

Working...
                                X