Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I already have it for pc but yup I’ll buy physical version of cuphead, wonder when the extra dlc will drop for that game? Portable cuphead would be fab.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Mario kart 8 on wiiu is £50 still. Nintendo never drop their own prices. 3rd parties do but never as much as in other platforms I think.
      And it charts every week, so there’s no need for them to drop the price.

Comment

Decided I don't like Mario Kart 8.... it's stopping me from getting Mario Kart 9

Comment

[MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION]

Ha, yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Such a brilliant game, but so sad that another one is still years and years away. It'll be 5 years since its release this May.

Comment

They really don’t need to make another they should just release track packs.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]

They should, and it would be awesome if they did, and I'd buy them on day one.

But realistically I bet they are holding back any new track designs for an eventual Mario Kart 9.

It's a shame though, the original DLC back on WiiU was sooo good.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

But realistically I bet they are holding back any new track designs for an eventual Mario Kart 9.
                A Mario Kart 9 that likely won't see light of day on Switch because Nintendo took the extremely lazy way out and rehashed MK8 instead.

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  Nintendo took the extremely lazy way out and rehashed MK8 instead.
                  This implies there was at least some hashing involved which seems to give the release far too much credit.

In all honesty though, I love MK8 and it would have been criminal to have stayed on WiiU given the numbers. Totally support them bringing it to the Switch. But I still want MK9. Also if I were Nintendo, I would have deleted all mention of the WiiU from everything I could and say "what WiiU? MK8 is a Switch exclusive and always was and anything you hear about a WiiU is a dirty rotten lie".

Comment

Yeah, I very much doubt we will get a 9 on Switch. We’re probably 5 years away from the next MK at this point.

Comment

A Mario Kart 9 that likely won't see light of day on Switch because Nintendo took the extremely lazy way out and rehashed MK8 instead.

Oh well.
                      Still the top selling game on the Switch.

And second best selling racing game of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                        Still the top selling game on the Switch.

And second best selling racing game of all time.
                        You almost make it sound like MK9 wouldn't have done that whilst being brand spanking NEW if Nintendo could've been bothered to make even half a genuine effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          In all honesty though, I love MK8 and it would have been criminal to have stayed on WiiU given the numbers.
                          Given the 8.5 million it sold?

The WiiU was a massive failure, but the software far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            Given the 8.5 million it sold?

The WiiU was a massive failure, but the software far from it.
                            Let's park that figure and come back later to compare that to how many it will sell in the lifetime of the Switch.

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't mean to belittle that figure - it's very impressive. I just mean that even that huge figure had a ceiling with the WiiU and a LOT of people didn't get to play it due to not owning the system.
                            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 21-03-2019, 15:01.

Comment

You almost make it sound like MK9 wouldn't have done that whilst being brand spanking NEW if Nintendo could've been bothered to make even half a genuine effort.
                              Not at all it would have sold. But you have to look at the ROI, port a title that the majority of people never played or spend years developing a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                This implies there was at least some hashing involved which seems to give the release far too much credit.
                                In fairness, MK8 isn't a direct port. It has a proper battle mode (the original didn't have this). Did the original have the two-powerups thing? (wasn't that added? Given that's a small feature). It also added local LAN play for the 12 or so people in the world who have used it (I would've preferred they added single-cart multiplayer, but I guess you can't have everything).

One of the biggest things for me is the bugfix. MK8 weirdly ran at 59fps except for in Time Trial. I think it duped a frame every second, meaning that you would sometimes get this weird "jump". If you've never noticed it, then that's good - but I did, and if you go back to the WiiU one after the Switch one, you probably will.

Comment

Working...
                                X