Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo are such a contradiction to themselves. On one hand you get a game like breath of the wild that’s clearly been made with such love, to give gamers the best experience they know how. And then this, the it’s all about the money, miserly Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Nintendo are such a contradiction to themselves. On one hand you get a game like breath of the wild that’s clearly been made with such love, to give gamers the best experience they know how. And then this, the it’s all about the money, miserly Nintendo.
      Then they do something like make their mobile partners reduce rng and typical scummy mobile money making scams.

There’s no figuring Nintendo out whatsoever.

Comment

Reduce rng?

Comment

Reduce rng?
          "Random number generation"; it's a term used a lot with freemium games.

An example would be... Like in World of Warcraft, where you get a chest when you finish a dungeon, and the contents of it are semi-random. The chest maybe always contains 5 things out of a list of 40. You might get the 5 things you need on your first go if you're lucky, or you could do the dungeon 20 times and still not have the 5 things you need after the 20th go.

Basically the fewer RNG mechanics you have in a game, the fairer it's perceived to be.

Comment

What is the best controller for playing the levels in Super Mario Maker 2? Horipad, PowerA, some bluetooth controller?

Comment

I'm using the Controller Pro, works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                "Random number generation"; it's a term used a lot with freemium games.

An example would be... Like in World of Warcraft, where you get a chest when you finish a dungeon, and the contents of it are semi-random. The chest maybe always contains 5 things out of a list of 40. You might get the 5 things you need on your first go if you're lucky, or you could do the dungeon 20 times and still not have the 5 things you need after the 20th go.

Basically the fewer RNG mechanics you have in a game, the fairer it's perceived to be.
                Yeah that’s the only thing I know as rng. Just unusual wording I guess, reduce Rng, as that’s quite encompassing.

Comment

Just unusual wording I guess, reduce Rng, as that’s quite encompassing.
                  Yeah, I had a similar thought when I saw it pop up years ago. Still, it's the phrasing people use. I have similar feelings about the term "metagame", when people talk about "the meta" in games like MOBAs.

Comment

New Project Diva game coming out for Switch. I cannot wait

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

New Project Diva game coming out for Switch. I cannot wait
                      About time!

Comment

Oh yes

Comment

Fantastic news. Wish it wasn’t 2020

Comment

As much as I like the Project Diva games Mega39's sounds like a bit of a bad deal given it seems to be a stripped back and tweaked Future Tone. The series was always going to have that problem after the last game blew the doors out content wise

Comment

Yeah that’s the only thing I know as rng. Just unusual wording I guess, reduce Rng, as that’s quite encompassing.
                              Wasn’t really any other way to phrase it. Nintendo ordered their mobile partners to reduce game rng design plus any typical scummy mobile tactics for tricking people out of their money.

One of the mobile partners was quite disgruntled about it as they could of quadrupled income or something crazy like that but Nintendo held them back as Nintendo themselves don’t need the money from mobiles, just the advertising to sell their main console games.

Comment

Turns out those Mega39 tracks are coming to Future Tone too as DLC

Comment

Working...
                                X