X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyber Shadow - Yacht Club Games

That looks great! Instabuy for me.

Comment

I'll get it, looks awesome and more action-oriented than Shovel Knight. The only thing...can we move to 16 bit aestetics? Or even better Neo Geo? I like my well done 8-bit graphics but we have the technology to make them look even better.

Comment

Ah, was just about to post this after reading an article on Destructoid about it:

Totally agree with the SNES > NES graphics approach, though.

It's weird that developers see blocky retro-style visuals as aesthetically pleasing, but back in the day, they were frustrated by the limits of the hardware.

They think we want this:

But what we want is this:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Ah, was just about to post this after reading an article on Destructoid about it:

Totally agree with the SNES > NES graphics approach, though.

It's weird that developers see blocky retro-style visuals as aesthetically pleasing, but back in the day, they were frustrated by the limits of the hardware.

They think we want this:

But what we want is this:
          I'm gonna have to stop you there, Thomas was alone was bloody brilliant and the ascetics where done that way for a very good reason. it's also one of the best story driven games I've played in a long time.The personality injected into those basic shapes via the brilliantly funny and expertly delivered narrative massively compliments the paired back style of the game.

Comment

I know, I know, I know.

It was a design choice in TWA.

I searched for "pixelated scrolling beat 'em up" and I actually quite liked the results, rather than back my point up.

So I was lazy (as I'm at work and shouldn't be on here) and used TWA as exaggerated example. Apologies.

How about something like Super Time Force instead?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I know, I know, I know.

It was a design choice in TWA.

I searched for "pixelated scrolling beat 'em up" and I actually quite liked the results, rather than back my point up.

So I was lazy (as I'm at work and shouldn't be on here) and used TWA as exaggerated example. Apologies.

How about something like Super Time Force instead?
              How dare you, Super Time Force has the greatest graphics of all time and I won't hear a word said against it!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm gonna go against the grain and say i really do like the look and feel of Cyber Shadow its like someone found a prototype NES cart with this lying dormant on it.

:Robots instead of people to avoid any controversy on violence, check.

:Name that sounds like it could be a future version of Ninja Gaiden set in 2020, check.

:Ip that tags on to the back of current fads like ninja turtles and karate kid, check.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  :Robots instead of people to avoid any controversy on violence, check.
                  Probotector might have been a stupid name, but robots are totally cooler than standard dudes in sleeveless shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                    Probotector might have been a stupid name, but robots are totally cooler than standard dudes in sleeveless shirt.
                    And a weird dogman.

EDIT: To bring that full circle, didn't he look like Briareos in Probotector?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      And a weird dogman.
                      EDIT: To bring that full circle, didn't he look like Briareos in Probotector?
                      Yup, at least for the bunny ears. Although I don't know how if the Probotector's design originated in Japan or anywhere else. If it was outside Japan I'd say the chances of Shirow's design to influence Konami were slim at best.

Comment

I always preferred the cool Probotector mecha to the rather generic soldier guys.

Comment

Working...
                        X