No announcement yet.

R-Type Final 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famitsu, if anyone cares, gave the score of 8/8/8/7. Still no word about shipping for me...I hope there will be a tracking number.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
      I have never played an R-Type game before
      I had to read this several times to believe it... It’s akin to saying you’ve never played Pac-man! How on Earth did you manage to avoid playing at least the original?

Comment

I never went to an arcade that had it I guess. And never knew a friend that was into shooters so it all just passed me by. Same with Gradius and Darius and all the other ones that I know of from cultural osmosis. Really tempted to get this new one on launch though!

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
          I never went to an arcade that had it I guess. And never knew a friend that was into shooters so it all just passed me by. Same with Gradius and Darius and all the other ones that I know of from cultural osmosis.
          Don't think you needed to go to an Arcade to play shmups that have been ported pretty much everywhere though.

It's astonishing that you've gone years without playing any of those games.

Comment

Oh yeah, I meant as a kid when it would have been about. I was definitely playing shmups during the 360 era onwards but when it came to XBLA I didn't have any interest. You know like when something is famous and everyone says you should play it but because people say that it turns you off in a really petty, contrarian way?

Comment

Just got a note from FedEx that mine's coming on Monday! Best part of a week before street date! I've seen some people on socials with theirs already - and they've fixed the English! Now just to cross my fingers that the game's good

Comment

Fingers crossed I'll get a notification soon, but it'll probably be next week.

Comment

Well, they aren't R-Type Final 2, but Raiden IV and Rolling Gunner have shipped.

Comment

Hoping the game collection will dispatch this early to arrive on launch day as I'm on my rostered days off

Comment

I think I went for the digitial version on Kickstarter. Surely backers codes will go out this weekend even if it's just to download the game ahead of launch.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                        Famitsu, if anyone cares, gave the score of 8/8/8/7.
                        I have to say I was quite disappointed with the demo. Not much of a challenge and lots of gaps where not much was happening. The graphics are quite attractive, but not very imaginitive and it ended with a really unremarkable revival of Dobkeratops. It felt a bit like all those forgetable shoot 'em ups on Steam!

I'm a big R-Type fan, so I really hope it turns out to be good.

There's quite a lot of competition at the minute with Natsuki Chronicles, Cotton Reboot and Darius Cozmic Revelation.
                        Last edited by ZipZap; 24-04-2021, 14:24.

Comment

Mine's just arrived today. Artbook's a bit underwhelming, but the box it all came in has made up for that!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Mine's just arrived today. Artbook's a bit underwhelming, but the box it all came in has made up for that!

Looks great. Wish I’d done the crow funding now but happy to play it on my Series X.

Comment

Mine's been delivered today too. Didn't receive any notification from either Fedex, Granzella, or Kickstarter, I got a phone call from the delivery guy asking if he could leave the package on my doorstep.
                              Can't wait to get home.

Comment

Got mine from NIS Europe today as well. Anybody tried it yet? I also got a big pile of other stuff today so I’ve not got around to it

Comment

Working...
                                X