Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    Front Mission 1st Remake gets several limited physical editions.

Front Mission 1st: Remake has been revealed for physical release on Nintendo Switch with three editions. Pre-orders are now open.

https://forever-limited.com/?sLang=en
    I do want this, but yeesh - just looked at the basic option here and it's a €44.99 game with a €23 shipping charge (to the UK) on top. Might hang on and see if the Japanese release that article mentions ends up with the English text in there too.

Comment

Developer:HEYLicensor:Hanaji GamesPublisher:Strictly Limited GamesSLG Pre Order Start:04.12.2022SLG Release Number:#80Platforms:Nintendo SwitchGenre:Shoot 'Em Up, Shooter Go to the collection Coming from the talented indie dev at HEY and with the help of the awesome people at Hanaji Games comes the 1-2 punch combo of Shoot 'Em Up action, Dezatopia & Mecha Ritz, in one awesome collection!DezatopiaStrange and unusual creatures inhabited Earth’s underground, beyond the reach of sunlight and human eyes. This was until Momoko, a fashion-obsessed high school girl, accidentally discovered them. Together, they plotted to combine the civilizations above and below the surface to create a new world: Dezatopia. Akane and Aoba, two of Momoko’s schoolmates, were hired to help start construction of the towering subterranean bridge. However, on the verge of completion, they discovered the extent of her plans and decided to sabotage the operation. Their only hope of repelling the waves of beasts loyal to their human queen is their work ship, the Speleological Fighter Pink Aurora.An expansive, detailed world filled with intense thrills and colorful characters await you. Feel it for yourself - anytime and anywhere.List of Features:Classic arcade style: Straightforward game system with the thrill of dodging bullets and destroying foes, a must for any SHMUP.Huge volume of content: 24 unique stages with 21 bosses arranged in 21 routes.Intuitive controls: New yet simple controls which can be picked up by novices and veterans alike.Unique shop system: Purchase items on the fly in a feature new to SHMUPS.Dynamic rank system: 1000 steps of difficulty that automatically adjusts to suit the player’s skill.Amusing story: High school students and underground creatures clash against the combination and domination of two worlds.Unlockable bonuses: Find hidden items in each stage to open up music in the sound test, background stories, and more.Graphics: Colorful, eye-catching pixel art with smooth animation.Soundtrack: All-new music by HEY completely with FM synthesis totaling over 40 tracks.Mecha Ritz: Steel RondoSet in a mechanized world, the story begins with a world-renowned young scientist named Veloce. One day she invented

Not played either but have heard that Mecha Ritz in particular is meant to be very good. Goes up for order this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        I do want this, but yeesh - just looked at the basic option here and it's a €44.99 game with a €23 shipping charge (to the UK) on top. Might hang on and see if the Japanese release that article mentions ends up with the English text in there too.
        Surely the Front Mission remakes will get general physical releases? Why would Square-Enix be so fckn stupid as to make them limited physical releases??
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-12-2022, 07:36.

Comment

Couple of recent bits of note:

Sword of the Vagrant and Eiyuden Chronicle are up for pre-order over at Red Art Games.

Return to Monkey Island has just gone up on LRG today. Some other interesting ones currently available there too: Spidersaurs (a WayForward run & gun), Jamestown+ (vert shmup), Night in the Woods (millenial woe-em-up).

Comment

Return to Monkey Island has just gone up on LRG today. Some other interesting ones currently available there too: Spidersaurs (a WayForward run & gun), Jamestown+ (vert shmup), Night in the Woods (millenial woe-em-up).
            I REALLY hope given their recent activities, you aren't considering buying anything else from then?

Comment

There is no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                I REALLY hope given their recent activities, you aren't considering buying anything else from then?
                I might not be fully up to date, but if the question is am I ok with them letting a community manager go that was openly transphobic, then the answer is yes.

Comment

I might not be fully up to date, but if the question is am I ok with them letting a community manager go that was openly transphobic, then the answer is yes.
                  Unfortunately, compared to Purple Tinker, she's by far, the lesser of two evils.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                    Unfortunately, compared to Purple Tinker, she's by far, the lesser of two evils.
                    A company’s responsibility is to listen to a complaint and investigate it independently rather than pursue the complainant. I wouldn’t want them to throw out a valid complaint about someone inappropriate in role, no matter who alerted them. There are a lot of very valid reasons to take issue with LRG, but this isn’t one of them.

Comment

The budget top down resident evil type cartoony horror series heaven dust has just gotten a physical release on switch from super rare both games on one cart, not sure how long it will stay in stock as already down to 33% left
                      About Heaven Dust CollectionAn ode to 90s horror game series like Resident Evil, the Heaven Dust Collection takes the player through a classic survival horror experience, with plenty of exploration, action, puzzles to solve, and resource management.HEAVEN DUSTIn 1970, a scientific investigation team found a new virus i

Last edited by importaku; 02-02-2023, 17:31.

Comment

Pix'n Love have an exclusive version of Vengeful Guardian Moonrider coming.

It's already up on digital stores, from the same team behind Burning Chrome.

Comment

Hoping for a series X physical release but I doubt that will happen so PS4 it will be.

Comment

Only just found out Microids will be publishing a limited physical edition of the Front Mission 1st Remake for general release. Out at the end of March.

Pre-orders already up at House of Bezos and other places, £30-£40.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              Only just found out Microids will be publishing a limited physical edition of the Front Mission 1st Remake for general release. Out at the end of March.

Pre-orders already up at House of Bezos and other places, £30-£40.
                              Which is different from the limited edition another publisher is offering and started taking preorders for back in January...
                              Front Mission 1st: Remake has been revealed for physical release on Nintendo Switch with three editions. Pre-orders are now open.

WTF is happening here?

Comment

These games getting multiple publishing runs by different companies is becoming tiresome. I always try to buy the retail version if I can, but some of the limited print companies are selling their pre-orders way in advance of confirmation of regular retail releases. Streets of Rage 4 I remember being particularly bad for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X