Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    Which is different from the limited edition another publisher is offering and started taking preorders for back in January...
    Front Mission 1st: Remake has been revealed for physical release on Nintendo Switch with three editions. Pre-orders are now open.

WTF is happening here?
    [MENTION=16898]phillv85[/MENTION] pretty much nails it in his post above - limited print companies being sly/clever and making it look like their print runs are "exclusive" when it's pretty clear that games are going to get general release at some point. Many people predicted that it would go this way when companies like SLG and LRG emerged and here we are.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 21-02-2023, 20:59.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
      These games getting multiple publishing runs by different companies is becoming tiresome. I always try to buy the retail version if I can, but some of the limited print companies are selling their pre-orders way in advance of confirmation of regular retail releases. Streets of Rage 4 I remember being particularly bad for it.
      Couldn't agree more.

I'm one of those people who got suckered by a SoR4 LE (fortunately I only paid £50 for it but the box was filled with useless tat - Axel Stone headband, anyone?).

Comment

The one that's irked me is Superdeluxe - essentially LRG's foray into the Japanese marketplace, with nicer packaging / supplied materials. You'd think this would mean a longer lead time, right? Not quite - the LRG versions of Sol Cresta went up first and I ordered there. Since then, the Superdeluxe label's been founded, they've put together a better-looking version of the game, sold it and shipped it via Amazon, and yet I'm still waiting for my LRG ones to arrive.

Comment

And this is why I have now stopped putting any more new limited run orders in. Tired of paying in full then waiting a year with the risk of if & when it might turn up. Still waiting on collectors edition of there is no game, kind of ironic with that name. Now if there’s anything I really want from them I’ll just wait till a reseller has put one up on eBay.

Comment

One thing I hate about many of these limited companies are the massive ****ty logos the plaster on to the box. They look like crap, especially the Strictly Limited logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              Only just found out Microids will be publishing a limited physical edition of the Front Mission 1st Remake for general release. Out at the end of March.

Pre-orders already up at House of Bezos and other places, £30-£40.
              In an age where all the great developers and publishers of the past have gone under, I do find it amazing to discover a publisher who was knocking out tapes for the Speccy back in the day is still in business. Go Microids! A name I hadn’t heard ushered in nearly 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                In an age where all the great developers and publishers of the past have gone under, I do find it amazing to discover a publisher who was knocking out tapes for the Speccy back in the day is still in business. Go Microids! A name I hadn’t heard ushered in nearly 40 years.
                Genuinely didn't even realise it was the same Microids!

That is amazing!!

EDIT: Just checked their Wiki. They've gone through trials and tribulations in those decades gone by. A few mergers and acquisitions and some streamlining of operations, but the lineage is still that of the same company from the 1980s!
                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 17-02-2023, 10:27.

Comment

Limited Run Games is helping distribute Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation - The Endless Seven-Day Journey. As such, it should thankfully be available later from other stores...

According to Play-Asia, the japanese release has english subtitles. Does anyone know if this is some form of limited english support or should it be identical to this newer western release?

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post

Limited Run Games is helping distribute Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation - The Endless Seven-Day Journey. As such, it should thankfully be available later from other stores...

According to Play-Asia, the japanese release has english subtitles. Does anyone know if this is some form of limited english support or should it be identical to this newer western release?
                    If playasia are on about the original japanese release then no it doesn’t have any English in it at all. Pretty sure there haven’t been any update patches to turn it to English either.

Comment

Hmm, I’m now conflicted, I have wanted that Shin-chan game since I first noticed it, but I don’t want to wait a year and have to pay over the odds if it’s going to get a general western release.

Comment

Second bite of the cherry for everyone who missed out on the ridiculously small number of Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster Collection:

Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster Collection (Multi-Language) for Nintendo SwitchUniversally updated 2D pixel graphics, including the iconic FINAL FANTASY character designs created by Kazuko Shibuya, the original artist and current collaboratorBeautifully rearranged soundtrack in a faithful FINAL FANTASY style, overseen by original composer Nobuo UematsuImproved gameplay, including modernized UI, auto-battle options, and more!Dive into the world of the game with supplemental extras like the bestiary, illustration gallery, and music playerExperience the magic and wonder of classic Final Fantasy games with the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster I-VI Collection. This compiled collection includes six games: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy ...

Comment

Serenity Forge are newly on my radar as a place doing some nice looking physicals for some good games. Particular shout-out for the Paradise Killer standard and collector's editions!

Also catching my eye in their store - Below, Genesis Noir, Coffee Talk and Coffee Talk 2.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Serenity Forge are newly on my radar as a place doing some nice looking physicals for some good games. Particular shout-out for the Paradise Killer standard and collector's editions!

Also catching my eye in their store - Below, Genesis Noir, Coffee Talk and Coffee Talk 2.
                            I enjoyed Paradise Killer, but that is a lot of plastic tat.
                            Personally I don't consider collectors editions these days unless they have a decent art book or something substantial.

Comment

It'll be standard editions for me too, but always keen to push a little more Paradise Killer love.

Comment

This one needed to be released physically.

Comment

Working...
                                X