Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Seems there's some new Irem collections coming to modern formats, and Strictly Limited have got physical versions for them all up starting yesterday. Here's the thing: there are 5 (five) separate releases, and of course there's limited edition boxes with all 5 of them in, but you're paying up now for a Q4 '24 release when you're only being told what games are on the first release (Image Fight, Image Fight II, and X Multiply).

https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com...llection-vol-1
    Details available now for the second set over here and available to pre-order from the 16th. Games are:
    • Air Duel (Arcade M-72)
    • GunForce (Arcade M-92)
    • GunForce (SNES)
    • GunForce (SFC)
    • Geo Force (Arcade M-92)
    • GunForce II (Arcade M-92)

Comment

Details available now for the second set over here and available to pre-order from the 16th. Games are:
      • Air Duel (Arcade M-72)
      • GunForce (Arcade M-92)
      • GunForce (SNES)
      • GunForce (SFC)
      • Geo Force (Arcade M-92)
      • GunForce II (Arcade M-92)
      And still R-Type LEO is ignored.

Comment

There's still 3 more of those collections to come, fingers remain crossed for an R-Type set and LEO in particular!

Limited Run have got Castlevania Advance Collection going live later today and have really gone overboard on the merchandising. No less than four editions - Regular, Classic, Advance and Ultimate - available on PS4, NSW, XB1 and PC formats (though no 'regular' for PC), plus t-shirts, caps, pins, keychains, skateboards and then individual game soundtracks on vinyl and cassette. CDs aren't esoteric enough and are simply too practical for consideration, it would seem.

Comment

World of horror has also appeared on amazon J as a regular release although the cover not quite as nice as usa one from fangamer however it comes with a cd in japan and some unannounced tat from amazon themselves if you go for that version. It's pretty cheap though the cd version is only 3600yen seems the jpn release is multi language gonna guess the usa one will be same version on cart.

Still prefer the fangamer cover

Comment

I quite like both of those versions of World of Horror. I really wish the European Fangamer site would start doing their physical versions too, but for now it's still just the US one.

Think there have been some network tests for KoF XIII's Global Match release and I'm not sure when the digital game is out, but there's a physical coming for the full game later on. Japanese versions are on Amazon, whereas it seems Pix'n Love are doing EU versions, including limited editions if you're wanting a faux-AES set.

Quake 2 physicals are up at Limited Run, too.

Comment

Didn't even know about Castle Crashers "remastered" but it does indeed appear to be a thing. A thing you will be able buy a physical cart of, no less!

Also Red Art Games have picked up Castle of Shikigami 2 for European release; there are three editions on the site now but the basic one will likely show on Amazon before long.

Comment

Sea of Stars is free on the subscription services, but the coolest dudes know that a physical version the year after is the way to go. Expecting there to be a soundtrack for this too, given they got Yasunori Mitsuda to compose tracks for it.

Comment

Is this any good? Looks nice but is there anything to separate it from all the other jrpg’s?

Comment

It's not out until the end of this week and it doesn't seem like the review embargo is up either. I posted some demo impressions over here but likely won't touch the full game until that physical version lands in my postbox (and that is at the very earliest opportunity). It does indeed look nice, battle system is very clearly inspired by Chrono Trigger, and it's also got a bit more of a thoughtful puzzle-solving edge to it, if that helps narrow down whether it might be your thing.

Comment

I see Strictly Limited are running a 4 for 3 offer for the next couple of months. Must be trying to clear old inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                        I see Strictly Limited are running a 4 for 3 offer for the next couple of months. Must be trying to clear old inventory.
                        Good spot, though trying to find games that they actually have in stock rather than on open pre-order might be a challenge. Grinds my gears more than a little that you go take a look at their site and the header image they're using to promote the campaign contains 5+ games that I have paid them full price for but still don't have.

Comment

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk physicals and 3xLP coming from iam8bit

Comment

TOEM also getting physicals and LPs from iam8bit, they go live tomorrow

LRG teasing a significant release coming v soon

Comment

LRG teasing a significant release coming v soon
                              Turns out this is Persona 3 Portable / Persona 4 Golden. Crucially it's *not* Persona 3 Reload, the new remade version that's due to launch in February.

Naturally there's a ludicrous edition also available. P4G will be available as of 27th of October, details of that being promised in the coming weeks.

Comment

Assault Suit Valken gets two editions by 8BitMods

8BitMods - Retro and modern console games and accessories. Inventors of the MemCard PRO series of PRO grade memory cards.

With the depletion of fossilfuels in the 2050s, unease within the population has morphed into anger and conflict. Territorial skirmishes continued to boil until 2101 when United Pacific States and Federation forces began constructing massive artillery bases, intergalactic frigates,and heavy armor mechanized suits to use in this war that had engulfed the Earth and its moon. Jake Brain boards his ASS-117A assault suit and flies into this conflict that has erupted to make as much of a difference as one soldier can across 7 immersive stages with 4 types of upgradeable weapons.

Comment

Working...
                                X