No announcement yet.

Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now thats a blast from the past hehe i remember seeing those ads in the back of c&vg and many others

Comment

I think the last thing I bought from them was Virtua Racing for the MD.

Comment

Good shout; I'd had that email from them but not read it properly. In my head they have always been the physical division of Devolver, but sounds like it's becoming formal. I have one open order with them that I've had since July 2021(!!) which also has Demon Throttle and Disc Room with it, but is held up on account of that Broforce release.

I've just dropped them an email now wishing them the best but asking if they could ship these other two separately while they figure things out with Broforce.

Comment

Makes you wonder if the arse is starting to fall out of that market with dodgy supply chains and so many companies competing for the titles. I mean almost everything is getting a physical release from someone these days. I used to think it was brilliant but when they’re putting £2.99 turds on a disc and charging £30 for it then it’s gone too far. I can’t imagine there’s many people been able to keep up with all the limited releases like there were when it was just strictly limited.

Comment

In the 2000s Special Reserve would run a daily competition where the best review posted would win a free game of their choice. I got loads of free games that way, it was brilliant.

EDIT: Sorry I realise this has no relevance to the topic at hand...I've been drinking...

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              "Q1 2024" is the best that LRG can do for the physical release of Radiant Silvergun (announced and put up for pre-order A WHOLE YEAR AGO) that only needed to have extra audio included in it.

The whole thing is a f-----g farce.
              Im so glad I didn’t imagine Radiant Silvergun getting a physical release ! Of course I missed out on the preorder but hoping to find one via the usual routes more than likely at a markup . I’ve actually just placed my first order with LRG , I’m assuming there’s a good chance I may have snuffed it by the time they games arrive

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                Im so glad I didn’t imagine Radiant Silvergun getting a physical release ! Of course I missed out on the preorder but hoping to find one via the usual routes more than likely at a markup . I’ve actually just placed my first order with LRG , I’m assuming there’s a good chance I may have snuffed it by the time they games arrive
                You're a better man than me!

I'm still angry about missing the boat when SLG made physical copies of R-Type Dimensions EX. Copies of that are going for extortionate markups on the resale market.

Comment

Just noting here for any interested parties that the physical version of Baldur's Gate 3 that will be available in Japan this December will seemingly have English support, however despite the CERO Z rating it will also be censored. One step forward, two steps back.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                    Im so glad I didn’t imagine Radiant Silvergun getting a physical release !
                    Radiant Silvergun got a physical release on the Saturn 25 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      despite the CERO Z rating it will also be censored. One step forward, two steps back We come together 'cause opposites attract And you know it ain't fiction, just a natural fact We come together 'cause opposites attract.

Didn't know you where a Paula Abdul fan Fuse.
                      Last edited by Lebowski; 13-11-2023, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                        You know what they say mate, opposites attract.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          At least [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] told you the truth straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            At least [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] told you the truth straight up.
                            That's because he's cold hearted but he does like to get his vibeology on now and then

Comment

Finally got the confirmation email from LRG that my copy of Radiant Silvergun is shipping, so "Q4 2023" instead of the "Q1 2024" they initially listed.

Still ridiculous that it has taken a year for them to get from pre-order to publishing to shipping. Think I'll be limiting my purchasing from these dedicated physical publishers going forward, tbh.

Comment

Only as part of a massive 'Deluxe' edition in a whopper of a box, but Larian have finally got a physical version of Baldur's Gate 3 for sale. 2 discs for PS5, 3 for Xbox.

Comment

Working...
                                X