No announcement yet.

Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The game I was most looking forward to a physical release of is getting one! In Japan, at least, but given the ties between SUPERDELUXE GAMES and Limited Run Games, a western release wouldn't be surprising. In any case, this version should include an english language option.

Comment

I ended up getting a few games from the Limited Run blowout sale, but it’s mainly games that others probably wouldn’t think too much about, as they are easily available by other means. These are games I’ve always wanted in physical form but could not justify the over inflated prices online over the years.

The games were the latest Monkey Island game on PS5, Double Dragon Neon on Switch and Shadowrun Trilogy on PS5. I’m no longer into special collectors editions of stuff and just want the physical release of games. As a console gamer and strictly physical copy of games only gamer, I’ve waited patiently for Shadowrun to finally hit consoles, so the long in the tooth SNES fan boy in me is itching to finally see what the fuss is all about.

i was tempted by Animal Well, but I’m convinced the game will get a standard release at some point. Like I have patiently waited with Dave the Diver, a game that’s so much fun, it has to get a general release at some point.

thanks to Neon, for alerting me to the blowout sale and saving me at least 50%, had I decided to buy the games through eBay.

Comment

I've heard certain members of an unofficial LRG Facebook group will pick up games from their retail store and post them for a fee. Might be worth giving it a look into if there's anything you want and eBay resellers' prices are particularly unreasonable.

Comment

Thanks Importaku, I’ve noticed it too. Will likely pick it up when it releases. My piles of games to play is building up way too quickly recently…

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          112 if you are after uk Dave the diver amazon has it up for preorder
          https://www.amazon.co.uk/DAVE-DIVER-...s%2C193&sr=8-1

Comment

Next week:

Dordogne from Pix'n Love

Cassette Beasts from Super Rare

Comment

Balatro confirmed to be getting a physical edition coming soon, which is great news but rather annoying if you've already purchased the digital OG.

Comment

2 Physical releases for Alan Wake II are on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  2 Physical releases for Alan Wake II are on the way

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/ala...ion-announced/
                  Yeah! The limited tat edition can bugger off but I'm definitely in for the standard edition. When will it go on sale?

Comment

For AW2, the "Deluxe" edition seems to be the entry level one and right now I can see only the Xbox version listed on Amazon (I assume PS5 listing is to come still) but there's a bonus standee thing via Game. Game still existing come October time feels like a bit of a gamble, mind. There's a daft Collector's edition over at Limited Run, too.

Slay the Princess also getting a physical from Serenity Forge, available in premium and collector's editions - link

Comment

Seems there's a storm brewing in this space related to First Press Games. A game I backed through Kickstarter - Goodboy Galaxy - was meant to be handling its physical rewards through them, and just sent the following update out today to its backers. Here's the relevant parts -

Apologies for the long delay in updating. Unfortunately we've been facing challenges getting information on the physical products - I haven't heard from First Press Games since late April (and even before that was having a lot of difficulty trying to get useful information). It's been extremely frustrating, but I wanted to make sure you all know that we are not shrinking from our obligations and have taken the step to hire legal support to help get this remedied as soon as possible. We are hoping and expecting this can help get things moving quickly.

While we want to be as transparent as we possibly can, we did have to check if we could explain the situation - our lawyer has advised that, as it is a necessity to update you guys as one of our Kickstarter obligations, it should not be a problem to at least share those plain facts.

To balance the above, First Press Games did send photos in April of the printed boxes only a couple of weeks later than they had said to expect - they look great, but I personally decided not to share them until I could get a better understanding of the overall progress just in case it might be misrepresentative. It could be a promising sign that progress is being made, I just wasn't quite confident enough to relay it without some additional information. (Eg. if the boxes are final or proofs/samples and the status of other components).

As of yesterday our lawyer has actually managed to speak to FPG's CEO in person at their office and it's been briefly relayed to me that he was friendly and explained issues they're facing with a supplier. We are currently awaiting a statement with the full details - it would be a huge relief if this is a simple hurdle that can be overcome quickly, and we are of course ready and willing to do whatever we can to assist if so, but for the moment we are waiting for the details to know exactly what the next steps might be.

I know this is all very annoying, it is certainly the case for me too. At the moment all we have to offer is:
                      1) Our sincerest apologies.
                      2) Our commitment to do everything we possibly can to sort this out.
                      3) Our commitment to make it up to you in the future.

Hopefully we can update again quite soon with some better news.​
                      I see FPG have put out their own blog post talking about the issues they're currently facing, and while it doesn't surprise in the slightest that they are behind on their schedule (or that they're finger pointing elsewhere), it is quite shocking that they're essentially ghosting the people whose games they're meant to be publishing. Aside from what they owe me from this Kickstarter, I'm also still owed a Crimzon Clover game and CD soundtrack (ordered 2021) and a Chained Echoes game (ordered 2022) from them. I've had 3 things actually come through from them in the past and am reasonably comfortable in saying they are not con men, but as is clearly evident, they are struggling to meet any of their promises.

My bigger worry in a similar vein still remains Strictly Limited, who I've got far more unfulfilled orders with, and who are constantly trying to push their existing stock via campaigns and promos in increasingly desperate fashion, yet still keep announcing new titles. I know people like to moan about Limited Run, and I get that, but these guys make them look like saints.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        For AW2, the "Deluxe" edition seems to be the entry level one and right now I can see only the Xbox version listed on Amazon (I assume PS5 listing is to come still) but there's a bonus standee thing via Game. Game still existing come October time feels like a bit of a gamble, mind. There's a daft Collector's edition over at Limited Run, too.

Slay the Princess also getting a physical from Serenity Forge, available in premium and collector's editions - link
                        I had to order mine from Amazon UK as Amazon Japan and US don't have it listed at all. Still, not too bad as even with shipping it still came to the same price as a new series X game over here.

Comment

IGS Arcade Collection's been on the Switch digital marketplace for a while, but it looks like it's getting a multi-language physical release in Asia (not Japan) in August.

Comment

Balatro Special Edition physical now up for general pre-order.

Physical copy of the game + 10 physical cards from the game.

Currently cheapest at ShopTo.

Buy £23.85 Balatro Special Edition - Switch - Switch (UK) ✔️ShopTo.Net ✔️Shop for all your video games ✔️Free Delivery for all UK orders ✔️Finance Options Available
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; Yesterday, 11:48.

Comment

Working...
                            X