• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to buy this

Comment

I've put in 5 hours now, I'm level 20 and I haven't even bothered trying the first main boss yet... I've got side tracked doing a dungeon and a cave in the first region and then I've knocked out a big guy and wandered off onto the beach and surrounding area.

This is so much more than Dark Souls and I'm really appreciating the more diverse combat etc... As someone who was expecting not to like this, it's very much dragging into it's universe with open eyes.

Don't get me wrong it's still a Dark Souls game in every sense, but being able to deviate from the thing you cannot get past and just go off ins different direction is sublime.

It's still early days of course and I'm taking my time so my opinion might change but this is really bloody excellent.

Comment

This is Dark Souls 4, 5 and 6.

Comment

All this Souls chatter reminds of this hilarious old thread:<br>https://bordersdown.net/threads/1160...=1#post2002832

Comment

55 hours in & just beaten the second boss along with a few of the middling ones in the opening two areas. Got used to the differences from the Souls formula now, and apart from a wall of confusion about quest lines, I’m addicted. It’s going to take approaching 150-200 hours to complete at this rate, so I’ll probably not launch ng+ immediately, but I’ll be coming back to this for years, I think.

Comment

Thai commercial

Comment

That is absolutely brilliant

Comment

Been laughing at the discourse for couple salty western dev's on twitter who do 'UX design' aka the a title for UI design and 'player experience' in streamlining games for the lowest common denominator, taking a few shots at Elden Ring. One of them had credits for BF 2042 and is getting dunked on. I think my favourite response was this (i'd laugh more if he was anything to do with not putting a scoreboard or voice comms in), let alone how much of a hot mess that operator select screen was.

and how it all started:

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                    Been laughing at the discourse for couple salty western dev's on twitter who do 'UX design'
                    The whole thing is frankly getting out of hand. I was surprised devs would pile onto another game just because it doesn't follow the western model of bombarding you with icons and prompts, it then became amusing, and not it's irksome from both sides of the fence.

Comment

New patch available: one new NPC, new/expanded questlines for existing NPCs, weapon balance changes, bug fixing, and the ability to add map markers for NPCs.

[edit] Full patch notes: https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Notes
                      Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 17-03-2022, 15:46.

Comment

Comment

DLC announced

Comment

Reminds me I must go back and finish the base game!

Comment

DLC added to Steam database, official announcement coming soon (maybe)

Comment

Shadow Of The Erdtree will launch the 21st of June.

Comment

Working...
                                X