No announcement yet.

Elden Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reviews for this game are absolutely bonkers. Select thoughts from a couple of my fave gaming pundits:

Simon Parkin:

Originally posted by Simon Parkin
    Video games can be all kinds of different things, representing all manner of artistic ambitions. Most, however, share a common goal: to conjure a compelling fictional reality, filled with beckoning mysteries, enchanting secrets, and enriching opportunities to compete and collaborate. They aim to provide a liminal space in which a determined player can fix that which is broken, order that which is chaotic. By this definition, at least, Elden Ring is the finest video game yet made.
    (Source: https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...-inventiveness)

Jason Schreier:

Blimey! Super excited for this game and actually amazed at the response it's getting.

Comment

My Series S and X just got a small patch for this so assuming it's now locked in and ready to go... just need to set my location to NZ and play when it goes live.

Comment

Local CeX had some new copies in today. I did snag one but I’m going nowhere near until I’ve finished Forbidden West. Honest

Comment

Excellent work Atticus. Can see a branch not a million miles from me has got copies - if I didn't have Disco Elysium to finish first, I'd be making my way there in a hurry I reckon.

Must finish Disco first though. Definitely.

Comment

It's getting some insane scores. Pretty much max scores across the board!

Comment

Seeing the videos online this is 60fps, but I assume that's ps5? Is it 30 on PS4 pro?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Seeing the videos online this is 60fps, but I assume that's ps5? Is it 30 on PS4 pro?
                Copied from reddit...

Xbox One S runs at around 25-30FPS

Xbox One X runs at around 30-35FPS

PS4 runs at nearly 30FPS

PS4 PRO runs at around 28-33FPS

XSS's quality mode runs at 32-37FPS

XSS's perfomance mode runs around 45-50FPS

XSX's quality mode runs at 35-40FPS

XSX's perfomance mode runs at around 45-50FPS

PS5's quality mode runs at around 40-45FPS

PS5's Perfomance mode runs at around 55-60FPS

Comment

Imagine playing this on a One S. that would be tragic.

Comment

To be honest, none of the Xbox consoles are looking great. We'll see what DF makes of it.

Comment

PS5 quality mode running at 40-45 sure is interesting.

Comment

Saw a video on this as well but I figured this is pre-launch patch and I definitely just watched my Series S update earlier. So there's probably a bit more optimisation, though have to wait and see.

The good news on Xbox is VRR... My TV in the lounge supports it so if the rate is that shaky I'll be using that option.

Comment

You have a ps5 though?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            You have a ps5 though?
                            Yeah I've got a Series S, X and a PS5 but I've pre-ordered this on Xbox as I used up my rewards credit and got the current £5 discount through rewards as well...

Comment

Hopefully it gets a patch then, or FromSoftware hates ms.

Comment

Sounds like it needs a patch across all platforms but especially PC.

Let's see what the day one performance is like and what From Software does support wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X