Xbox Game Pass (Xbox / PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    Quick (possibly stupid) question. When a game leaves Game Pass, if you’ve downloaded it while it was on the service does it remain accessible as long as you’re subscribed, or do you lose the game from your library?
    You'll lose the game. It'll boot and check you've access to it but as you now don't it'll ask you to sign in on an account that has purchased it.

Basically as it's no longer in the subscription plan your only option is to buy it. On that note, if you know a game is leaving soon but want to own it remember that buying it whilst it is in game pass grants you 20% off its current price.

I did this when Shadow of the Tomb Raider was scheduled to leave.

Comment

Thanks Nonny.

Comment

You won't be able to start it since you'll no longer have a licence for it. The 'GAME PASS' label on the bottom right of the game's tile should also have disappeared.

Edit: Oops, already answered.
        Last edited by Deuteros; 21-07-2022, 09:38.

Comment

I seldom find a game that no matter how much I play it, I can just keep going back for more just to while away some time. The reason I ask is I'm feeling that way about Assassin's Creed Origins and was just wondering if I have a finite time with it. The last game I was like this with was Just Cause 3! The kicker having an S though is that when it leaves I obviously can't buy it cheap on disc and it'll probably be a pricey download.

Comment

That one has been as cheap as £8.24 for the base game so buying it when it leaves the service wouldn't be expensive. It was also added very recently, this past June, and except for very high profile games -- such as Red Dead Redemption 2's four months -- games tend to stay in the service for around a year. Ubisoft's games on Xbox Game Pass is a recent affair so it's hard to say how large a time period was negotiated.

Comment

I love the power wash game. I appreciate Lebowski’s points. It’s got some daft design choices. But I just love the quest for 100%, and the visual pleasure of seeing a craphole all sparkling. It appeals to the completist in me.

Downside? The water can sound like white noise, and I’ve already fallen asleep playing the game due to it.

Comment

stick a podcast or some music on its the perfect zone out game

Comment

Not much for me this month Ive platinumed Fenyx Rising allready but well worth a look if you havent played it as its one the best things ubisoft have put out in a long time.

This months left field power washer simulator type game seems to be Coffee Talk You make coffee and serve it to people and they talk to you, weirdly high steam scores so may be worth a look touch screen and mobile controls so a good candidate for playing on your phone.

Coffee Talk is a coffee brewing and heart-to-heart talking simulator about listening to the stories of alternative-Seattle’s inhabitants. From a dramatic love story between an elf and a succubus to an alien trying to understand the lives of humans, help everyone you meet by serving up a warm drink or two. Plus, Ultimate members can jump right in with Touch Controls via Xbox Cloud Gaming today!
                  quite a lot of decent stuff going too at the end of august, 8 in 10 out

Elite Dangerous (Cloud and Console)
                  Hades (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                  Myst (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                  NBA 2K22 (Cloud and Console)
                  Signs of the Sojourner (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                  Spiritfarer (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                  Twelve Minutes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                  Two Point Hospital (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                  What Remains of Edith Finch (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                  World War Z (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 17-08-2022, 08:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                    Not much for me this month Ive platinumed Fenyx Rising allready but well worth a look if you havent played it as its one the best things ubisoft have put out in a long time.

This months left field power washer simulator type game semms to be Coffee Talk You make coffee and serve it to people and they talk to you, weirdly high steam scores so may be worth a look touch screen and mobile controls so a good candidate for playing on your phone.

[quoteI]Coffee Talk is a coffee brewing and heart-to-heart talking simulator about listening to the stories of alternative-Seattle’s inhabitants. From a dramatic love story between an elf and a succubus to an alien trying to understand the lives of humans, help everyone you meet by serving up a warm drink or two. Plus, Ultimate members can jump right in with Touch Controls via Xbox Cloud Gaming today!
                    quite a lot of decent stuff going too at the end of august, 8 in 10 out

Elite Dangerous (Cloud and Console)
                    Hades (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                    Myst (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                    NBA 2K22 (Cloud and Console)
                    Signs of the Sojourner (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                    Spiritfarer (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                    Twelve Minutes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                    Two Point Hospital (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                    What Remains of Edith Finch (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                    World War Z (Cloud, Console, and PC)[/QUOTE]

Might have to grab Hades with the 20% discount before it leaves.

Comment

Quakecon Game Pass news

Comment

Some absolute stonkers just hit recently:

Midnight Fight Express. Nice little isometric beat em up. Plays a bit like Arkham Batman in terms of controls with short levels that have challenges and ranking for replay.

Immortality. Only tried this shortly last night but it's from the guy that did Her Story and it's reviewed well in all corners. So far production wise it's incredible with great acting.

Immortals: Fenyx rising. Ubis attempt at something akin to BoTW with some humour thrown in. I'm already a good few hours into this having bought it for £7 just before it was announced it was coming to game pass.

I also hear TinyKin is decent if you like Pikmin and platforming but I've not tried that yet.

Comment

I just played Tinykin for the 365 Challenge - game-breaking bug in it for me, you character can't move after getting the banner, so you can't progress :/

That was on PC.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            I just played Tinykin for the 365 Challenge - game-breaking bug in it for me, you character can't move after getting the banner, so you can't progress :/

That was on PC.
                            Bug-ger.... I was looking forward to giving it a run later.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post

That was on PC.
                              Can confirm that worked for me on console... It's a really nice little game.

Comment

Potentially it could be the order I did things in maybe, there are three components needed and I had them queued up before I managed to drop the draw bridge. I tried doing the play key first then the CD, and the reverse and it did the same. It's a shame but I don't really want to restart on Xbox, I have 940 odd of the gold bits on my save.

It is a bug tho, as you can see on my Twitch stream for the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X