No announcement yet.

Xbox Game Pass (Xbox / PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised to see GTA but it seems to be doing the rounds on these services, exoprimal looks intresting too the rest look like garbage

Normally theirs something in the indie offering that makes me think ooo that looks good Sword and Fairy: Together might be that game, Theirs some real garbage this month too, Common'hood and McPixel look particularly bad

Comment

Official now I guess ...

Xbox Game Pass Core.

Among Us
      Descenders
      Dishonored 2
      Doom Eternal
      Fable Anniversary
      Fallout 4
      Fallout 76
      Forza Horizon 4
      Gears 5
      Grounded
      Halo 5: Guardians
      Halo Wars
      Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
      Human Fall Flat
      Inside
      Ori and the Will of the Wisps
      Psychonauts 2
      State of Decay 2
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

Are confirmed at the moment.
      Last edited by MartyG; 17-07-2023, 13:07.

Comment

Not a bad list but surprised that Halo Infinite (Campaign) isn't in there and neither is Forza Horizon 5... I know these are newer but they've still had their time and are now old enough I think they deserve to be in the core offering.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          Not a bad list but surprised that Halo Infinite (Campaign) isn't in there and neither is Forza Horizon 5... I know these are newer but they've still had their time and are now old enough I think they deserve to be in the core offering.
          Its a balancing act put all your big hitters in the cheaper service you risk devaluing your premium service.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            If you give people diamonds on the first date, you set up disappointment for future hook-ups.

Comment

Yeah I get it but Halo Infinite is already a free service for multiplayer and is now an excellent campaign... It just seems weird not to include it.

Forza Horizon 4 is great but 5 is a decent step up and it's been out a good while now. I dunno... I think they should have chucked it in.

It's not like it's Starfield or anything brand new dropping. The those two games have already dropped in price.

Comment

The Indie wasteland is hitting game-pass in July looks pretty bleak over the next month, lots of older games The Cave, and Celeste (this has been on gamepass before but was removed) things that look mediocre (Venba), or are mediocre (The Wandering Village) (Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem), and (Maquette)

The only game i would say is worth a look is Toem a fantastic photogrpahy adventure with a really nice art style and a great soundtrack it was on ps+ a bit back and i really enjoyed it.

Toem sent me back to my phone, not for the internet and its hints and tips and workarounds, but for the folder that hol…

I've played most of Marquette too it was a ps+ game around the launch of the ps5, it had a horrible frame rate sub 30fps and a story with two quite big voice actors attached to it, but a terrible story about two people falling out of love with each other.

18th July:

Techtonica (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                Toem (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                The Cave (Cloud and Console)

19th July:

Maquette (Console and PC)

20th July:

Figment 2: Creed Valley (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                The Wandering Village (Cloud, Console, and PC)

25th July:

Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X/S)

31st July:

Venba (Console and PC)

1st August:

Celeste (Cloud, Console, and PC)
                Last edited by Lebowski; 18-07-2023, 14:24.

Comment

The Cave deserves a little more credit than that. Not only is it a great game but it was delisted up until it's Xbox Game Pass launch. Rather strangely, it shows as unavailable for purchase but will be playable by subscribers, though that could be just a wrinkle that'll go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                    The Cave deserves a little more credit than that. Not only is it a great game but it was delisted up until it's Xbox Game Pass launch. Rather strangely, it shows as unavailable for purchase but will be playable by subscribers, though that could be just a wrinkle that'll go away.
                    A mediocre xbox 360 game from 2013 is hardly a big scoop for gamepass, and i stand by my point that its a pretty mediocre list of announcements with no real big hitters.

Comment

If it wasn't for work buying me GP and Starfield on horizon GP would be binned. Puts GP prices up, puts quality of titles on GP down.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        If it wasn't for work buying me GP and Starfield on horizon GP would be binned. Puts GP prices up, puts quality of titles on GP down.
                        It's been a while since we've seen a big scoop, theirs plenty of recent big release games that they could add but seem to be backing away from that sort of thing, The last time i was surprised by a game-pass addition was when they stuck Guardians of the Galaxy on their not long after it was released.

No doubt where gonna get a massive drop of Activision Blizzard stuff before the years out so expect a glut of Call fo dutys, crash bandicoot, Spyro, and Diablo games to hit the service. i dont really care activision blizzard stuff, I'm just sat here hoping Stalker 2 comes out before my 3 years of game-pass runs out bloody russians.

Comment

I think the trouble with the big title drops is that they either don't get the attention they might have had if they'd had a PR push first or they're dropped because they bombed at retail. Given the hit MS takes on its first party stuff they have to bear the brunt on each drop title too so it's presumably proven not worth it. With Hi-Fi Rush, Atomic Heart, RedFall and Exoprimal the frequency is getting there, it's just the consistent quality now

Comment

Some more stuff leaving at the end of the month.

Leaving Game Pass On August 31

Black Desert -- console and cloud
                            Commandos 3 - HD Remaster -- console, PC, cloud
                            Immortality -- console, PC, cloud
                            Nuclear Throne -- console, PC, cloud
                            Surgeon Simulator 2 -- console, PC, cloud
                            Tinykin -- console, PC, cloud

Tinykin is worth a look before it goes if you haven't already - Pikmin like.

Comment

I'm buying Immortality for when I have a Series X. I could try playing it via cloud but it's not something I want to rush through.

Comment

Tinykin is wonderful stuff... Great fun.

Immortality is also pretty special though it's all over a bit too quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X