No announcement yet.

SGF 2024 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I agree they def could. It's a shame this year it won't be a thing but I think it will return. While there's something to be said for wanting to 'rise above the noise' of a packed week of announcements, there's also an awful lot to be said for having customers around the world more focused on game news than they are usually. Crucially it generates excitement.

Comment

Ubisoft clears up E3 attendance confusion | Eurogamer.net
      Ubisoft confirms their attendance at E3 2023

Comment

The conversation inside major publishers marketing departments now shifting to 'Well we don't want to leave Ubi an open goal...'

And this is how we always end up coming back round to E3 being a thing (before everyone decides it's a waste of money again - then that they can't afford to miss it, and so on...).

Comment

Ubisoft is so keen atm for a hit that presumably they'll just have one or two high profile games at SGF then blowout at E3 in an effort for attention. I'm not even sure what I'd want to see from them at this point. I know Mirage is aimed to be an overdue return to old school AC gameplay but I'm just broadly switched off on that franchise at this point. Splinter Cell would be good but it would have to be a modern take on the original trilogy style, the slightest sniff of the Ubisoft Random Game Generator vibe and I'm out these days which has lately been pretty much their entire output.

Comment

UPDATE 29/03/23: Both Sega and Tencent have now backed out of attending E3 2023.As reported by IGN, Sega stated: "After…

And Ubisoft pulls the plug on attending, setting up their own show instead

Comment

Kids are in bed, time to catch up with the SGF 2023 presentation...

Comment

-Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
                Ubisofts small games are more interesting than their AAA's quite often so willing to keep an eye on this one

-Mortal Kombat 1
                Much like the last three it looks like an improvement gameplay wise but still very Mortal Kombat which is fair enough but has always kept them with a short lifespan for me

-Nicolas Cage
                Just hats off for him being there, reminds me of when Keanu made his Cyberpunk reveal. Nice touch

-Remnant II
                I never played the first, this looked like a ton of stolen ideas

-Sonic Superstars
                This looks really nice, hope it holds up

-Lies of P
                Looks nice but lost me with Soulsborne as the game type

Comment

Nice surprise was Sonic Superstars, sega's take on new super mario bros.... though for full priced game it only has 4 player local co-op and i'm hoping we get another origins like pre-order spreadsheet,

other than that MK1 looked neat, the new gameplay thing is Strikers (see MVC2 or KoF) with old characters in classic costumes like Kano which tingled the old nostalgia nose.. but it still plays like MK so it hard pass for me, just don't like them.

FF7 Remake 2 trailer also looked nice be warned that reveal at the end is like film trailer spoiling a major plot point out of nowhere, i mean sure it cool thing to wheel in people not interested in the remake but like FF7 still, but i'm in the house already and really didn't want to know that.

I'll be getting Nic Cage in DBD (as a daily player of the game)

Lies of P, i've downloaded the demo and till try at some point tonight.

Twisted metal tv looked terrible, witcher s3 - who cares, sony stinking it up with nothing burger Spiderman2 bit, immortals still looks bad.
                  Last edited by Tobal; 08-06-2023, 21:59.

Comment

-Sand Land
                    At first I figured nope but it wasn't what I expected... need to see more

-Crash Team Rumble
                    Nah

-Alan Wake II
                    Still one of the only major interesting games of the season shown

-Toxic Commando
                    Depends on how much depth there is to it

Comment

Always enjoy digital devolver bits, the volvy stuff is fantastic, the references to old bad 2d platformers had me laughing.

Comment

-Spider-Man 2
                        Nothing to see really here except the date and it feels like confirmation Sony is going bareboned this year

-Palworld
                        It might be a shooter but Nintendo should send out the lawyers on those creature designs

-Banishers
                        Will keep an eye on this one

-Like a Dragon: Gaiden (Call it Yakuza dammit!)
                        Yakua Zero 2?

-Under the Waves
                        Might bite on this one

Comment

Microsoft has made some new LE controllers!!

Comment

Twisted Metal: The Series
                            God awful

Comment

Sand Land looks fun. Makes me want to check out the manga.

I'll never tire of those Toriyama designs.

Comment

Summer Game Fest's live showcase might have struggled to consistently entertain with its saggy middle and excessive run…

Summer Games Fest 2024 confirmed

Comment

Working...
                                X