Death Stranding (Kojima Productions) PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
    I'm curious about the game, but I'm happy to wait about 3 months to get a used copy for a tenner.
    Its looks like another Shenmue One, to me. Only about a billion times, more boring. Great amazing tech and a truly wonderful looking world, that's boring as hell to play, at least in Shenmue you had SEGA's coin ups

I wonder if SONY will allow Kojima full creative freedom for the sequel, I suspect not

Comment

They’ll care about sales, not critical reception

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        They’ll care about sales, not critical reception
        I guess it depends on the feedback after the sales and will people be so ready to buy a Death Standing II after playing the 1st. I seem to remember Aliens: Colonial Marines selling 2 million copies, I'll be very wary of buying a sequel mind

Comment

Not played it myself yet obviously but metacritic has plenty of high scores on there:

Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

So if it sells well, then Sony will have 2 metrics to go by, both of which spell success.

Now, I'm not sure if I'll like it; I'm definitely wary. I'm not defending the game in any way and will form my own opinion after I've played it.

Incidentally I should be able to whizz through this quite quickly as I'm getting the Limited Edition Yodel version of the game so I don't need to deliver any packages, I can just leave cards saying that I tried.
          Last edited by Brad; 06-11-2019, 07:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            I'm surprised it hasn't had 10/10 across the board given RDR2 rode to success on the same ticket.
            yeah but Red Dead redempion 2 is actually a very good game.

Comment

Not played it myself yet obviously but metacritic has plenty of high scores on there:
              That means nothing and we know it with this game.

So if it sells well, then Sony will have 2 metrics to go by, both of which spell success.
              A game can sell millions on hype and sometimes by who is making it, but bad feedback and how poor the game is to play can affect a possible sequel, like with APB

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                That means nothing and we know it with this game.

A game can sell millions on hype and sometimes by who is making it, but bad feedback and how poor the game is to play can affect a possible sequel, like with APB
                Sony will go by metacritic scores more than my comments on here or twitter. Or yours. Rightly or wrongly.

Comment

Welp, I'm looking forward to playing this. I think it looks pretty interesting, if nothing else.

Comment

Like probably everyone, I'm very apprehensive about getting this game. My eyes want it, my brain for some reason is telling me "remember when you got FFXV?". I really wanted that game, but I soon found myself feeling like this isn't the game I expected and I'm not into it.

I don't want to spend 50 quid on it, just in case I don't like it... but I did this all the time in the pre-internet days. I bought Renegade 3 once, where instead of fighting street hoodlums, I was fighting dinosaurs lol.

I'll probably get it. I'll probably stop playing it after a week of trying. Hopefully not! Who knows?

Comment

Sony will go by metacritic scores more than my comments on here or twitter. Or yours. Rightly or wrongly.
                      We'll see. Can't help allowing Kojima to go wild is a Homer moment LOL

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Anal was not fun. I'd rate the experience 9/10

Comment

I still want to play this and make my own judgement.

Everyone said Deadly Premonition was a POS, but that's definitely one of my favourite videogame experiences. It was rough and clunky, but the atmosphere, characters, music and story were something else!

Comment

Yes a lot of us seem to be reviewing reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Its looks like another Shenmue One, to me. Only about a billion times, more boring. Great amazing tech and a truly wonderful looking world, that's boring as hell to play, at least in Shenmue you had SEGA's coin ups

I wonder if SONY will allow Kojima full creative freedom for the sequel, I suspect not
                                Thing is with Shenmue is that the concept was groundbreaking. For a game of that time, there were a lot of different things to do. However, I think whether you enjoyed it or not did almost completely depend on whether you liked the carefully-built "living" world or not. I love it, but I don't think anyone's wrong for not liking it as I can absolutely see it's not for everyone.

This one on the surface sounds like a bit of a repetitive fetch quest in a world that looks pretty nice but honestly doesn't look like it offers that much we haven't seen before. I like atmospheric and slightly dull games so I'll probably like it, but I don't get the impression I'll love it.

Like I say, I'll hold out until it's a tenner!

Comment

Working...
                                X