No announcement yet.

Apple Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks great. I keep forgetting I have Apple Arcade as part of my bundle with films and TV, I’ve yet to play anything on it!

Comment

Just done a bit of digging on Apple Arcade to see what's on there now (I haven't paid attention to it in ages) and notice there's a game called Zen Pinball Party. It includes some real classics in there, like Champion Pub, Medieval Madness, and Theatre of Magic.

Between Air Twister, Clap Hanz Golf and those pinball tables, I think I'm def going to need to sign up for a month or two of this. They look like ideal dip in, dip out stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        I think I'll play on Mac with a pad though. Out of interest, Fuse, where do you mostly play your Apple Arcade games?
        I've a few options but ideally I'd like to play things on the TV 4K with a Dual Sense. That's what I did with the last one I played for a bit (the crappy Castlevania one) but iPad's also an option. Phone's no good due to screen size, and my iMac's too old for anything even remotely taxing.

Comment

I think I read the next edition in the Frogger series launches on AA soon exclusively to Apple.

Comment

New Bomberman game on Apple Arcade that seems to have a heavy licensed music element to it.

There's some nice art surrounding it kicking round the Konami accounts too. Feels like one of those that's going to be either inspired genius reinvention, or irredeemable hot dog plops.

Comment

Yeah. Jury is out on that one for me. We've had a few too many ****ty Bomberman games and spinoffs to trust this outright.

Also where the hell are the Louies

Did you play Air Twister [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION]? I still haven't tried it.

Comment

8 months later, but...

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Did you play Air Twister @fuse? I still haven't tried it.
                Yes (yes), I (I) did (did)! It's an odd flying goose, that's for sure.

Came here as there's seemingly a huge roll out of 20 new titles on the service

Apple Arcade has received a major shot in the arm today, with the addition of 20 further titles for the smartphone subs…

That one listed at the top I saw described on Twitter as a TMNT Hades-like. That's an interesting prospect, and one I'd wager is likely looking to spread its wings to consoles at a later date...

Comment

New Sonic game for Apple Arcade.

Air Twister's console release is now imminent too, yet Fantasian is still locked up in this service

Comment

Multiple mobilegamer.biz sources have voiced their concern for Apple Arcade’s future, citing a glut of cancelled projects and ever-declining developer payouts.

One developer said there was the “the smell of death” around the service – though others suggested there are now whispers of (another) reboot for the service.

Payouts for titles on Apple Arcade have been falling for years, our sources said, and following a shift in strategy very few original games are being greenlit unless they are attached to a big family-friendly IP.​
                    Apple’s game subscription service seems to be on auto-pilot after the tech giant “cancelled a shitload of projects and pissed off a lot of people,” our sources say. And now there are whispers of another reboot.

Not hugely surprising. Just as you hear about some games making their way off the platform, you hear of others that disappear at a moment's notice because they're not doing well. Platinum's World of Demons is a particular example that comes to mind of the latter.

I really, really hope that we hear about a port of Fantasian soon.

Comment

Apple Arcade yes i know it well I'm surprised It had not fallen sooner as it is a place filled with falsehoods and contradictions.

Come with me on a journey if you will, to the south the lush green forest of Nintendoton a land filled with joy and laughter, To the North is the prosperous but fragile state of PlayStationia rich and bustling, To the East lies the valley of Xboxington a smaller but fiercely proud nation supported by a foreign king with deep deep pockets. If you travel to the far west though, you will eventually come to an inhospitable land full of dark dead forests and swamps, the stench in this land is so bad it makes you gasp for breath. Eldritch horrors stalk the night and bandits are at every turn, this is the land of mobile-phonia.

If you can journey to the heart of this land, there exists an ivory tower made of pure white stone that offers a small respite. To enter this place comes with a hefty price as it is not a place free from the torment of the land it surrounds but a place to pause and take stock, in this place you will not encounter the time freezing trolls that demand payment to progress, or the bandits that trick you into parting with your coins, you will also not find the sanity steeling wraiths that bombard you over and over with the same infuriating screams. But you can only remain as long as your gold lasts, and it offers little comfort as the stench from the bogs still persists and the dark and foreboding feeling this place creates never leaves you.

For something so white and pure to remain untainted in this land feels like trickery some dark forces must be working to keep this place from falling into ruin its downfall feels inventable, and when this happens it will sink into the swamp as if it never existed.
                      Last edited by Lebowski; 26-02-2024, 17:36.

Comment

I love this.

Comment

Working...
                        X