Next Gen Advent Calendar II: Playstation 5 Release Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    No its not just the phrase key the issue is you thinking anyone would buy a system for gears tactics and a 2018 version of Tetris and you putting it in a list as a positive
    I'm not listing it as a positive because they're system sellers mate,... I was listing it as a positive that some launch day titles were actually included as part of the game pass subscription.

Not having to pay real money for them and all that.

Comment

I think if MS don't start putting out new games soon and rolling them on to game pass then game pass is slowly going to become Retroarch. Used only to play games from generations ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Positives - Series S/X
        -The design of the systems is much better than it was seven years ago with the XBO
        -The strategy is much improved in terms of being much more pro-consumer
        -Way down the line MS may have a really compelling software slate in a huge turnaround from the very weak XBO era

Negatives - Series S/X
        -The marketing and naming convention is simply awful
        -As great as Game Pass is I don't think it will sell the system
        -MS is very clearly very poorly prepared for this generation and I'm still currently very doubtful that S/X will outsell XBO which is bad for the market
        I agree with the negatives. I think game pass wont sell the system on it's own... it will need fresh content and that still brings us back to big titles and possible exclusives for the new consoles (i.e. not for Xbox One).

I don't think MS is poorly prepared in terms of hardware. They've had the machines pretty much ready since late last year and showed confidence in them throughout, which I also think is justified now we've seen the end reviews from the press. What they are still struggling with is a flow of 1st party content... We've seen that with Halo Infinite of course and we know other key titles are still a long way out.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          I'm not listing it as a positive because they're system sellers mate,... I was listing it as a positive that some launch day titles were actually included as part of the game pass subscription.

Not having to pay real money for them and all that.
          £15 a month is real money though last time i checked, this perception that games pass is offering free stuff has to stop its a sub service that although is pretty good value is limited by how many hours you can get out of it in a month.

Comment

£15 a month if you decide to pay RRP... it's cost me far less than that to be signed up well into 2022.

Let's go with, its a bargain instead not having to pay real money then...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
              £15 a month if you decide to pay RRP... it's cost me far less than that to be signed up well into 2022.

Let's go with, its a bargain instead not having to pay real money then...

interestingly Tetris effect connected has listing for Full VR Support (on the pc version) its such a cool experience in vr and really immersive with headphones on and your full field of view covered by the towering Tetris screen with all the trippy effects going on around you.

Comment

Even with the lack of exclusives, Xbox Series X is a totally worthy buy for anyone invested in Xbox - either because they've got a big library of games there, or because it's where their mates are. It seems like a quality piece of hardware that's seriously powerful for the money.

It massively massively lacks exclusives, but then if third person action adventure blockbusters aren't your bag, you may not care!

Comment

Positives - Playstation 5
                  -Controller looks like a huge step forward
                  -Physically isn't bland
                  -No reason to think software will be an issue

Negatives - Playstation 5
                  -Having to wait an extra week
                  -Game price tags for the exclusives

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

interestingly Tetris effect connected has listing for Full VR Support (on the pc version) its such a cool experience in vr and really immersive with headphones on and your full field of view covered by the towering Tetris screen with all the trippy effects going on around you.
                    I really wish MS would bring VR to the consoles.

Comment

New console day ruined by DHL and covid. Hopefully tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        -Physically isn't bland
                        Well that is one way of putting it!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Even with the lack of exclusives, Xbox Series X is a totally worthy buy for anyone invested in Xbox - either because they've got a big library of games there, or because it's where their mates are. It seems like a quality piece of hardware that's seriously powerful for the money.

It massively massively lacks exclusives, but then if third person action adventure blockbusters aren't your bag, you may not care!
                          I think both platforms are worth it if like myself and Hudson you spent your time invested in only one last gen... If and when I buy a PS5 I will get to play all those titles I missed on PS4 and by the looks of it at 4K60. Likewise if you missed out on the last gen on Xbox you'll see a similar story for it's backward compatible offerings.

I agree with you on the already invested front here because all my games on Xbox are coming with me, having been 100% digital for the entire previous generation... but equally I am keen for a PS5 just for what it does to PS4 games. I think if Sony hadn't added BC for PS4 and done such a good job with it I'd be less inclined to jump in at this point.

Comment

I think where the Series X could be a real winner is if you have got kids, certainly this Xmas. My sister wanted to get either a PS5 or Series X for my nephew for Xmas she asked me my opinion and i explained both systems to her, as soon as i started telling her about Game Pass, well it was a no brainer. Pay £450 for the console, it comes with a free trial for Game Pass and on Xmas day when he opens it, without spending any more money, he would have access to hunderds of games, not to mention the ability to be able to stream the games through Xcloud. She thought i was exagerating but i showed her where to go and read for herself she was very impressed. He is 9 years old and is going to be able to experiance a whole wide range of games with no cost. Ongoing im always picking up monthly subs for way less that £15 a month, i just paid £22 for 3 months.
                            Last edited by gambit6613; 10-11-2020, 11:12.

Comment

I do think there'll be a good few cases like that but mostly for kids I think Series S will end up stunted due to the dominance of the Switch

Comment

I think overall its going to be a shuffling of the abacus as I've said. People who bought xbox will buy xbox, people that bought Sony will buy Sony. There will be a slim amount of people who buy both and a few people who hop to the other side. Any new gamers will either play what their parents already have in the house or get the console all their friends have.

Comment

Working...
                                X