X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teased that ME5 will be a narrative follow up to ME3

Also that the games title might be Mass Effect: Epsilon

Comment

I’m so ****ing excited! Glad to see Mass Effect back.

Comment

That first video's two years old! That new teaser's five seconds long!

Pretty sure the Dragon Age fans have had a longer wait for an even more meagre smattering of table scraps; as much as they don't want people to forget about this series I don't have high hopes for a grand return.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Mass Effect is done. There was no need whatsoever going beyond the trilogy.
          This.

Comment

Right, because there's absolutely no room in the Mass Effect universe for another story.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              Right, because there's absolutely no room in the Mass Effect universe for another story.

Right, because the 4th game turned out soooooooooooo well. The trilogy was fine, lost its adventuring almost completely by the 3rd game which was a massive shame, but good overall for 3 games. The 4th was just a cash grab, narratively went nowhere, was technically crap, virtually no bug testing it seemed and was redundant as a game in itself.

Do we need or want more of that?

Comment

I'd like more Mass Effect yes - we've absolutely no idea what this game is going to be like and it'd be ridiculous to judge how it is going to turn out based on what Andromeda was (and wasn't nearly as poor as was made out in early YT videos).

Comment

Right, because the 4th game turned out soooooooooooo well. The trilogy was fine, lost its adventuring almost completely by the 3rd game which was a massive shame, but good overall for 3 games. The 4th was just a cash grab, narratively went nowhere, was technically crap, virtually no bug testing it seemed and was redundant as a game in itself.

Do we need or want more of that?
                  I want more... the universe they have is superb and whilst you can pick faults in the original trilogy it still holds up as some of the best RPG even by todays standards. I actually didn't mind the 3rd game either though I went into it late after all the changes it received.

Saying there is no point because of Andromeda (which actually isn't that bad, just a bit boring overall)... I think this actually has a better chance because that game exists.

Comment

So you'll pay full price and buy it day 1 then?

Comment

So you'll pay full price and buy it day 1 then?
                      I'll wait for reviews and decide... I'm certainly not writing it off at this point.

Comment

Just make it like ME2 again. I don't need ME2 to meet Starfield in the middle of bloat

Comment

I could go for another Mass Effect. I also liked part 3 and 4. I didn't care that the ending was "crap" on part 4 as many claimed.
                          The whole universe has more to offer and that I'd like to see.

Comment

Cautiously optimistic. Always liked the Mass Effect games, the first three anyway. Here's hoping they don't Mass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              I'll wait for reviews and decide... I'm certainly not writing it off at this point.
                              Quite - I prefer to judge games based on how they are, rather than some thing I've imagined that's in the future and yet to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                Quite - I prefer to judge games based on how they are, rather than some thing I've imagined that's in the future and yet to be known.
                                Only game I've pre-ordered this entire gen has been Alan Wake 2 simply based off the news they were adding a performance mode at launch and I'm a fan of the original.

I'm more of a sit and wait person now that my backlog is always overflowing... do I really need it day one? As such withb this title and with it being a reboot of sorts I'll be observing how it lands. Even if it doesn't hit the high scores of Alan Wake I'm more curious how much they lean back to the original formula v new ideas . At this point we simply don't know anything much but I do know I liked the original trilogy a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X