Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might get it on release...because summer.
    I'll have to check with the boss.

Comment

In the end i cancelled that preorder from the marketplace seller as it was nearly 15,000 yen and the seller has a poor customer rating low enough that i didn't feel comfortable ordering from them. I failed to notice that at the price that the box set alone was going for there was one bundle that amazon hadn't sold out of themselves yet and it was the extra bunch o crap edition for 14,040 yen least amazon are reliable and i actually like a couple of the extra bits o junk in that bundle hehe what the hell i went for that instead. I'm actually planning on making this game release & playthrough an extra fun event for me, i will be dagashi shopping on Amazon for some shin chan snacks as well as some other misc dagashi to munch on as i play for extra immersion as well as seeing if i can track down one of those summer vacation excercise books that elementery school kids draw & write in to record my play session but i have no idea what they are called as i know they probably have a specific name in japanese. I'm sure i have some crayons to give it that authentic janky ass art attempt.

Now do i go crazy and order a buttload of shinchan chocobi snacks amazon is too dangerous to my credit card

boku natsu games are something i stop eveything to play so i was gonna get hold of that premium box no matter what, apart from that weird PS2 spinoff i have pretty much all of them in some form or another. Yeah there was no way i was gonna miss this one.

Comment

Good call I reckon. The extra swag isn't too bad and much more satisfactory than buying a scalped version.

Comment

Yeah it's never a nice feeling knowing someone screwed you over with a huge scalped price. Usually i have been lucky with a lot of stuff in the past in getting hold of it before a scalper screws up the supply but this dropped without me been aware till Kryss posted and weirdly it seems there's lots of interest so it sold out pretty fast for the premium box. Either loads of shinchan fans out there or it's the boku fans hehe, still if this sells well it might convince Ayabe to release a full boku game in the future.

In the meantime it's time to get my funds in order as there's far too much switch stuff coming out or stuff i still need to pick up. Shinnousuke looking at my bank balance like

Comment

Looks like neos have made an official site for shinchan bokunatsu, not a huge amount on there so far just a couple of trailers and the game bundles.

「ぼくのなつやすみ」シリーズ監督綾部和が贈る新しい冒険物語!Nintendo Switchソフト「クレヨンしんちゃん『オラと博士の夏休み』〜おわらない七日間の旅〜」

{edit}
            found those summer vacation notebooks japanese elementary school kids use, took ages to find out what the hell they are are called but they are known as enikki translates something like picture diary amazon japan has them and they are super cheap but they are annoyingly add on items, oh no how will i find something 2000 yen on amazon japan to add them onto lol. Apparently there's slightly different versions of the book some have pages to fit 2 days of stuff on but i like the one with space for room to draw and write what you did this will be perfect for my shinchan playthrough.

Last edited by importaku; 24-04-2021, 21:50.

Comment

Officially the sixth best-selling console of all-time in Japan.

Comment

Anyone had their Switch charger die?
                The power adapter gave up the ghost last night.

Comment

First person i have heard that's happened to. Thankfully switches can be charged by generic usb c in a pinch as i have used one of my apple bricks and a usb c cable but it took a lot longer to do. Probably better to get another official power brick, is your switch still working QC?

Comment

I would love to know the financials on those Switch sales.

I know we've joked here about "but has it outsold, for example, the GBA+GameCube" but obviously it's a more complicated picture, because the a console's sales are affected by its production/sales margin as well as software sales and subscription service numbers, and the Switch is the first Nintendo console where buying games digitally has really taken off (people did buy digital games on the Wii etc. but I strongly suspect those numbers pale into insignificance next to digital sales on the Switch or PS4).

I'm willing to bet it's been a really big financial success for them, even more than those numbers would suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      I would love to know the financials on those Switch sales.

I know we've joked here about "but has it outsold, for example, the GBA+GameCube" but obviously it's a more complicated picture, because the a console's sales are affected by its production/sales margin as well as software sales and subscription service numbers, and the Switch is the first Nintendo console where buying games digitally has really taken off (people did buy digital games on the Wii etc. but I strongly suspect those numbers pale into insignificance next to digital sales on the Switch or PS4).

I'm willing to bet it's been a really big financial success for them, even more than those numbers would suggest.
                      And that's not even mentioning the fact that R&D for the Switch likely cost Nintendo peanuts at best (if even that) due to it already being repurposed outdated Nvidia Shield hardware - classic Nintendo cost-cutting tactics to keep the production margins low.

So yeah, I could believe that the Switch might well be the most financially profitable hardware that they've ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        First person i have heard that's happened to. Thankfully switches can be charged by generic usb c in a pinch as i have used one of my apple bricks and a usb c cable but it took a lot longer to do. Probably better to get another official power brick, is your switch still working QC?
                        Yeah, it's official!

It's a 2nd supply so we're okay, just a bit disappointing it's died.

Comment

Two and a half years later...

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 02-05-2021, 08:26.

Comment

You never know but I'd read some peeps speculating Super Mario Party 2 might be announced soon and it feels more like this update leans to that not being the case and SMP is now another 'evergreen' series to add to the pile

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              You never know but I'd read some peeps speculating Super Mario Party 2 might be announced soon and it feels more like this update leans to that not being the case and SMP is now another 'evergreen' series to add to the pile
                              I really wanted to love it, but I played it maybe twice with a friend and I just feel I'd seen everything there was to see. It needed literally twice as much content.

I really enjoyed what's there! There just isn't enough.

Comment

I have 1 right through to 9, I kind of got Mario partied out plus I only ever got to play agains the cheating cpu in all of them as I have no real world friends locally.

Comment

Working...
                                X