Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've pre-ordered this. I put loads of time into RPG Maker, even if few projects actually got finished. Love this kind of thing.

Comment

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl will arrive on 19 November.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...r-release-date
        Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl will arrive on 19 November.
        That original fourth generation of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum on DS was the last time to date that I played and completed a main Pokémon game (Diamond). I've pretty much drifted away from the franchise since, bar the odd knockaround on Pokkén Tournament.

Comment

That's how I feel I'll be after the last game, I enjoyed it but I don't need Pokemon taking up so many release slots on the Switches schedule. Pokemon Legends: Arceus has been dated as 28 January 2022 too.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathAdder View Post
            I've pre-ordered this. I put loads of time into RPG Maker, even if few projects actually got finished. Love this kind of thing.
            Pre-ordered here too. Looking to mess around over the summer with it.

Comment

New report says the new Switch model could be out by September, will replace the existing Switch standard model and may see the price lift beyond $299

That latter bit feels like a ball dropped if true

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-as-september
                New report says the new Switch model could be out by September, will replace the existing Switch standard model and may see the price lift beyond $299

That latter bit feels like a ball dropped if true
                CON +4

Comment

What are the main expectations of a new Switch model?

I'd be interested in anything that makes it look better on a tv screen but I'm not bothered if it's just a unit screen upgrade.

Comment

Dunno, I'm skeptical about keeping two SKUs with different hardware capabilities on the market at the same time. If this new Switch is just a "cosmetical" refresh (higher res screen, longer battery life, miscellaneous QoL improvements), maybe. If it's a more capable machine (4k docked with DLSS or similar) I see its capabilities being mostly ignored due to the existing base.

[edit] And it shouldn't be above $299 no matter the upgrades (unless it's a completely new console with backwards compatibility).
                    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 27-05-2021, 09:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      No stick drift would be nice.

Comment

Was hoping to have my Switch copy of SMT Nocturne today but Base.com still havnt shipped it :/ First I got an email about import issues and now it just says its on back order...

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

I'd be interested in anything that makes it look better on a tv screen but I'm not bothered if it's just a unit screen upgrade.
                          The main improvements that have been leaked/rumoured are:

1. An improved Nvidia chip which will allow for DLSS (i.e. algorithmic upscaling to 4K for TV output), and presumably provide some relatively minor general performance improvements in terms of framerate etc.

2. An improved screen which is 1 inch larger for a total of 7 inches, and OLED rather than LCD.

Presumably the unit will be slightly redesigned to accommodate this new screen (reduced bezels), but I can't see any substantive external changes happening as it will need to retain compatibility with existing JoyCons.

It's basically a DSi/New 3DS type minor refresh from what I can tell.

Comment

I’ll play it all cool and then succumb to teh shiny I rarely play handheld but oled would be a nice upgrade.

Stick drift is an interesting one. They seem to think doing nothing means it’s not acknowledged as an issue.

Something else they need to address is the screen scuffing that can happen simply by docking it in the base (the whole point of the console).

Comment

I don't even play my Switch that much but, eh, if GAME or somebody has an aggressive trade-in offer against the new machine, I'll consider it

Comment

New game builder garage trailer just dropped it's basically the jp trailer in english.

Looking forward to messing around with this it's been so long since we had something like this mario maker is kind of not the same as you were always limited to what you could do. This is closer to warioware diy as you can design your own graphics.

Comment

Working...
                                X