X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Old Nintendo, milking their fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      Nintendo have announced Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy are getting remastered.
      Actually they just released Mario Galaxy trailer, 1080p confirmed **** yeahhhhh.

Awesome it's a music rhythm game of some kind, mario looks a bit different but i'm down

Comment

... a white hole?

Comment

Anyone in the UK had any experience of sending off/ getting blue joycon fixed for its drifting?

Well there you have it, I give up. I have alot of crap to deal with at home with work and life but the prospect of playing Animal Crossing really cheered me up. I suspected I may have had signs of a drift a while ago but since starting to play ACNH it is obvious and has gotten worse in over a week. Now it is really affecting my gameplay to the point I just dont want to play it anymore, which is adding to me feeling super, SUPER low atm.

Any advise what I need to do to get it fixed? Would just go and buy another if I could but I don't know what the newer models are like in regards of having the issue fixed.

Comment

Probably a dumb question, but have you tried using contact cleaner on it? I’ve done it a couple of times: lift the plastic flap at the base of the joycon stick and give it a few blasts, then wait a few minutes for it to dry. Like with you, it happened just as I began playing ACNH, but the contact cleaner sorted it out.

Alternatively, I can recommend the pro controller if you play on the big screen much. Never had a problem with mine, and the battery lasts for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              Anyone in the UK had any experience of sending off/ getting blue joycon fixed for its drifting?

Well there you have it, I give up. I have alot of crap to deal with at home with work and life but the prospect of playing Animal Crossing really cheered me up. I suspected I may have had signs of a drift a while ago but since starting to play ACNH it is obvious and has gotten worse in over a week. Now it is really affecting my gameplay to the point I just dont want to play it anymore, which is adding to me feeling super, SUPER low atm.

Any advise what I need to do to get it fixed? Would just go and buy another if I could but I don't know what the newer models are like in regards of having the issue fixed.

Squirt under the stick and get it into the mechanism and keep moving the stick about. Repeat a few times and leave to dry. Seems to be the most common way to get rid if drift, itle come back eventually as dirt gets in again but rinse and repeat.
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 02-04-2020, 09:35.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                  Thanks everyone
                  Short version - Mine developed drift and I tried every remedy short of opening it up and replacing the parts (which some sites recommend). I booked a repair with Nintendo and they fixed it free of charge.

Only slightly longer version - my blue Joycon developed drift in the first year. They fixed it under warranty but I still wanted to play my Switch so got the Splatoon ones while they repaired it. Later, both sets developed drift and it got worse and worse and eventually became totally unusable. Now both well out of warranty, Nintendo told me there would be a cost to repair them but they’ll assess and come back with the price before doing the work. They kept me waiting probably two weeks and then mailed me to say they were fixed and on the way back to me. A charge was never mentioned again.

But I fully expect it to happen again at some point. It’s a very frustrating flaw.

Comment

for the price those things cost they are shockingly low quality they don't feel premium thats for damn sure not my fave nintendo controller. I love the inventiveness but they don't feel comfy to use. Gamecube is still my most comfy fave.
                    Last edited by importaku; 01-04-2020, 23:56.

Comment

Yep, the Gamecube analogue stick was quite durable. You could tell when performing moves in Mario Sunshine. Which is getting a remaster on Switch. Apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        but seriously who docks a switch anymore??
                        We barely use our Switch in handheld mode. It's been on the dock 99% of the time. Wife took it a few weeks back when she had to get her driving license renewed, and I last took it when I got my license renewed a few months ago. I had been using it on the train for a while to play Mario Odyssey but Japan is ridiculously sunny in the winter so the glare was unbearable, even with a matte screen protector.

Comment

I use mine mostly docked, and usually bring the Pro Controller with me if it's a long vacation without too much baggage (like visiting parents on Christmas).

Comment

This stupid joy-con situation means I'm no longer inclined to choose the Switch version of multi-platform games.

I got a Kickstarter email asking me to choose which version of The Wonderful 101 I'd like. I was set on Switch but I think it'll be PS4. That game would destroy my joy-con sticks.

Comment

I only use mine in docked with a pro controller. Unless its multiplayer that requires the joycons, which we still play docked.

Comment

I have the older model and am off work for virus reasons rn and basically I just play in handheld mode until I need to charge and then go to docked while it's charging. Pro controller and a good TV makes for a decent experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X