Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok panic over. The transactions I saw on PayPal were legit. Phew. Sort you 2 step authentication.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Ok panic over. The transactions I saw on PayPal were legit. Phew. Sort you 2 step authentication.
      Sorted my 2FA first thing this morning.

Tbh, I'm surprised that 2FA apps like Google Authenticator and Authy are a thing.

Any 2FA that I've ever used for any other accounts I have (Apple, Dropbox, Yahoo, Google themselves lol, etc.) only require an email and a mobile phone number.

Comment

I think mobile phone numbers are better than a poke in the eye but still pretty insecure. So the authenticator apps are better if they are supported.

Rumour has it that the entry point for the hackers is the old NNID system, which is still active.

Comment

Cheers for the info ...not set-up the two-step but I have unlinked Paypal.

Comment

I made a NNID to download Brain Training for softmodding my Wii-U. I never linked it to my Switch account and I'm pretty sure I removed all payment info from it but I'm wondering if it's wise to log in on the Wii-U and double-check.

Comment

Always physically write down your backup codes as well, I have one notepad just for this, some Authenticator apps can store these but you never can be too careful. Basically if you ever get a new phone or god forbid your phone breaks once you install the Authenticator app back on your NEW phone you may be locked out of your account, so having the backup codes is a way to log back in and reauthorise the Authenticator.

Comment

These three Joy-Con combinations are ceasing production in Japan:

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  These three Joy-Con combinations are ceasing production in Japan:

Damn. The Neon Yellow ARMS and Mario Odyssey Red Joy-Con.

I wanted those but have never got around to buying. Should probably sort that asap.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 23-04-2020, 16:15.

Comment

you can buy the red ones from nintendo in the uk via the nintendo online account shop i saw them up on there while i was browsing the my nintendo page.

Comment

That's great news for when your coloured ones get joycon drift in the future and you get grey ones back.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        That's great news for when your coloured ones get joycon drift in the future and you get grey ones back.
                        But... it says right there that they're ending production of the grey ones.

We recently bought new Joy-Cons - the neon pink/green set - which, according to Amazon, were released in July 2017. Maybe they'll go out of production in a few months as well?

I'd actually prefer it if my Joy-Cons were replaced with grey ones. My wife got me the Switch with neon red/blue Joy-Cons.

Comment

The JoyCons I would really like are the black ones that you only get with the devkit...

I know you can replace JoyCon casing yourself, but that sort of thing isn't really my bag.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            you can buy the red ones from nintendo in the uk via the nintendo online account shop i saw them up on there while i was browsing the my nintendo page.
                            I'm pretty sure those ones are just the standard Neon Red Joy-Con.

They're not the deep red ones that came with the Super Mario Odyssey Switch bundle - those particular ones didn't get a western standalone release.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

Rumour has it that the entry point for the hackers is the old NNID system, which is still active.
                              Sadly, it would appear that you are correct.

Signing in to a Nintendo Account vid NNID looks like it is now going to be scrapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                I'm pretty sure those ones are just the standard Neon Red Joy-Con.

They're not the deep red ones that came with the Super Mario Odyssey Switch bundle - those particular ones didn't get a western standalone release.
                                No they are not the neon ones, let me try and find the link when I get home they were def the Mario odyssey red ones

Comment

Working...
                                X