This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

And pretending that Switch isn't a successful home console largely because... it's a handheld
    Wrong. It's a home console that can do handheld.

Granted, it uses mobile tech, no doubt. But is it a home console without doubt. It replaced the last one that was a massive flop, no matter how many times to you try to argue otherwise by adding irrelevant handheld figures.

The Switch has succeeded. Best you just accept it.

Comment

yay all neon green finally possible managed to get hold of the reverse pair but the factory screwed up lol the right neon green shows up as a grey in my system menu and the middle part of the shell is grey insted of the tiny green strip between the R buttons still the front and back are green so i don't give a toss i can fix the colour of the controller by hacking the joycon firmware to make it the correct colour in the menu when i pair it.

Nice to have all the neon colours as sets now

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        Wrong. It's a home console that can do handheld.

Granted, it uses mobile tech, no doubt. But is it a home console without doubt. It replaced the last one that was a massive flop, no matter how many times to you try to argue otherwise by adding irrelevant handheld figures.

The Switch has succeeded. Best you just accept it.
        We can definitely agree it succeeded. We'll have to wait till the end of the gen to see if we agree it's been to the extent that it was worth abandoning the dedicated handheld/dedicated home console lines though

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          And why are you bothered about who I "dance" with??
          Sorry, just a turn of phrase, nothing meant by it. Just a recent conversation, that's all.

I just don't think it's an unreasonable comparison and is similar to something that Patcher has talked about previously. Nintendo hardware sales are only the Switch now. Irrespective of whether it is a handheld, home or hybrid console.
          Last edited by Digfox; 07-05-2020, 14:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
            Sorry, just a turn of phrase, nothing meant by it. Just a recent conversation, that's all.

I just don't think it's an unreasonable comparison and is similar to something that Patcher has talked about previously. Nintendo hardware sales are only the Switch now. Irrespective of whether it is a handheld, home or hybrid console.
            Apologies if I came across like I was snapping at you about the "dance" comment. Not my intention.

It may not be an unreasonable comparison per se, but that doesn't mean it is a done thing. Like I said, Nintendo don't do it when measuring the success of their current flagships so why does it need to be done here? Sorry, but it makes no sense at all IMO.

Comment

No probs and no need to apologise, but thank you. Sometimes I know I can come across as aloof or being short.

That's fair enough. Although I do think Nintendo would make comparisons if the figures were in their favour (i.e. Switch had sold double 3DS & Wii U). Companies do love to publiscise successes and large numbers.

Also I think people often will compare sales of historic consoles to current. One thing with handhelds is they often get left out of the discussion when they are very relevent imo. I don't think its just a Nintendo thing

Edit: realised this reads as me classing the Switch as a handheld - which I am not. Just often handhelds in general get ignored.
              Last edited by Digfox; 08-05-2020, 10:03.

Comment

Switch may have already sold more software than the SNES. Is digital counted in that figure, I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                  Switch may have already sold more software than the SNES. Is digital counted in that figure, I wonder?
                  I'd imagine that only physical software sales are counted.

Comment

If you're tallking about those Nintendo FY Q3 2020 results, that included the Switch 55m ltd figure, then yes those do include digital sales for the Switch.

Comment

They can add one more in as i just picked up dragon quest 11 as i'm happy to go through it all over again with the extra QOL bits plus it means i can play it at work too. I adored it on PS4 one of my highlights of last year for sure.

Comment

The Outer Worlds now has a release date of June 5th, and the usual fully-formed retail price tag.

Comment

Nintendo will be frothing at the mouth and apparently are already moving to close the empty stable the horse bolted from

Someone has ported the PC native build of Super Mario 64 over to the Switch and it seems to run flawlessly.

Comment

Gave the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix demo a try. The new button icons are throwing me, expecially the X icon since it's the top button on Switch. I'm not quite sure what you're supposed to do when holding a button down in this one yet either.

It comes out on Friday which suprised me, I didn't know the release date was so soon. Shame it's digital only.

Comment

Finally got a pro switch controller, my god it's so comfy to hold compared to the joycons. Whyyyy did i wait so damn long to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                Finally got a pro switch controller, my god it's so comfy to hold compared to the joycons. Whyyyy did i wait so damn long to get one.
                                They are lush, to be fair.

Comment

Working...
                                X