This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    That's one of the reasons I've never understood the anticipation for a Switch Pro, Nintendo has never made a 'Pro' version of a console with the 'New' versions ending up never being more than PR boosters rather than anything of real value. Plus the tech pretty much blocks out anything of value unless Nintendo really pushed the boat out for an audience that doesn't even really exist in large numbers on the more enthusiast systems.

Less bezel, sharper screen, a barely noticeable amount of fps extra, probably a small bit more battery and... that's likely it. Given the rate they're shifting Switch's they'd arguably be daft to release one pre-late 2021 at the earliest either. Keep shifting that existing stock unless they're really looking to cut costs down in which case - still no 'Pro'. I assume all software would be for all models too unless they want a sacrificial lamb title like Xenoblade was on New 3DS, well, assuming Nintendo announces some games soon that is.
    To be fair, something that would be nice - one thing I underestimated before getting a New-3DS was how much more snappy the better hardware made the experience. Everything ran faster, the machine booted up quicker, games loaded faster... I'd love that sort of upgrade for the Switch.

Comment

I'd love a 12 hour battery and Bluetooth built in...

Oh and better bloody joy cons.

Comment

Noooope. OneX and PS4 pro can barely do 4k, even then not natively in anything.

A Switch size console doing 4k? Behave. Just no.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Noooope. OneX and PS4 pro can barely do 4k, even then not natively in anything.

A Switch size console doing 4k? Behave. Just no.
          For those people with the TVs, it'd be great if the Switch could at least output it. Nintendo could make all the menus 4k, and developers might be able to make things like game OSDs and UIs 4k, even if the 3D visuals are much lower res.

Comment

Its probably just a chip refresh to bring in line with whatever the nvidia shield is using/going to use, to bring manufacturing costs down, probably have small speed benefits, which is fine.

Also Nintendo, fix your god dam jocons!!!!
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 25-08-2020, 11:26.

Comment

The switch does everything I need it to do already so no neeed for an upgrade really , but yes sort the Joy cons out you’ve had long enough to revise them now

Comment

The Switch has already had a Nintendo "upgrade", by removing all of the unique elements that make it "switch".

Like 2DS removing the 3D, the Wii Mini no longer playing GC games, the tiny Game Boy Micro coming out months after the DS, the DSi removing the GBA slot and the SNES Jr removing the RGB and S-Video connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  The Switch has already had a Nintendo "upgrade", by removing all of the unique elements that make it "switch".

Like 2DS removing the 3D, the Wii Mini no longer playing GC games, the tiny Game Boy Micro coming out months after the DS, the DSi removing the GBA slot and the SNES Jr removing the RGB and S-Video connectors.
                  Their not removing things QC, those are features

Comment

I don't recall an update that removed either docked or portable play.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      I don't recall an update that removed either docked or portable play.
                      How are they unique elements?

Comment

The Switch Lite can't be played docked or otherwise output to a TV, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                          The Switch Lite can't be played docked or otherwise output to a TV, right?
                          Nope.

Comment

Now the Bloomberg report cites 4K support specifically as well as a slew of new game releases alongside the new machine. I assume it's like has been discussed here, the dock just outputting a 4K signal rather than seeing anything resembling a noticeable visual jump on the existing models especially.

Comment

How are they unique elements?
                              The ability to seamlessy change between portable and docked mode is the Switch's main feature, and that hasn't been removed from the standard SKU. The Switch Lite is hardly an upgrade, but rather a different version for those that will use it only on the go.

Comment

Removing features from revisions of consoles is a time honoured cost cutting procedure to be fair. Nintendo are hardly alone in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X