X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as I post that, I now read this.

Post your favourite facepalm gifs here.

Comment

Thankfully we live in the age of patches, and hopefully SE will fix that soon enough.

Comment

Sega Ages series on Switch has come to an endwith Herzog Zwei being the last title.

However, it doesn't mean there will be no more back catalogue titles coming and M2 may or may not be involved.

Link

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Just as I post that, I now read this.

Post your favourite facepalm gifs here.
          Theres not enough facepalm gifs on the net for this dumb as fook move. Just don’t even bother releasing it square as this is just plain vindictive.

Comment

When they mention a new switch that can do 4K I cannot help but think Nintendo might be leveraging the sort of AI upscale tech that is in the new Nvidia Shield.

This: https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/26/2...mote-customize

I wonder if they're going to take that sort tech and tweak it to squeeze 4K upscaled out of all the switch games and perhaps tweak it with profiles for the big titles?

It won't be true 4K but it'll look damn good docked.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              Sega Ages series on Switch has come to an endwith Herzog Zwei being the last title.
              Not really that big a surprise is it? I'm guessing that sales have not been good.

The goodwill generated by the Sega 3D Classics Collection on the 3DS has been wasted by the SEGA AGES series on Switch - it's almost like people are tired of spending money on games they've already rinsed to death.

Unless Sega are actually going to make an effort to tap into their considerable arcade legacy and bring games that we've not seen before instead of the usual suspects (Sonic, Sonic 2, OutRun, etc.) then why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                Unless Sega are actually going to make an effort to tap into their considerable arcade legacy and bring games that we've not seen before instead of the usual suspects (Sonic, Sonic 2, OutRun, etc.) then why bother?
                Admittedly this has definitely been "a thing" for me. Virtua Racing was great, because it was cool to see a definitive version when there have been some lacking versions in the past.

Speaking purely as a customer here, I really wanted SEGA AGES to do the difficult stuff. Bring us Burning Rangers, SCUD Race, Sega's IndyCar game, maybe Knuckles Chaotix, Sega TANK, Last Bronx... The Sega games which aren't Sonic 2, Sonic CD, Space Harrier...

Comment

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Give us the CD version of Ecco the Dolphin and stuff that we just couldn't get years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Yeah, I'd agree with that. Give us the CD version of Ecco the Dolphin and stuff that we just couldn't get years ago.
                    Yeah; and I'm invested here. I mean I bought Daytona, VF2, Nights and Fighting Vipers on the PS3. I'm totally in the market for these.

I think Sega sometimes forget that, okay, their western arm wasn't doing great in the Saturn era, but that means they have a load of fantastic games that a lot of people never got to play.

Comment

I've only got virtua racing on the switch but that game is glorious.

Comment

This is out on 10th Sept. Looks more Sega than Sega (well, Sumo Digital basically are the racing wing of Sega recently): https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...a-release-date

Comment

Yeah I saw that last night and had forgotten that was coming. As it's free on game pass I'll give a whirl there and if it's great (as it looks) I'll be tempted to grab the switch version as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                            This is out on 10th Sept. Looks more Sega than Sega (well, Sumo Digital basically are the racing wing of Sega recently): https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...a-release-date

Hitting Game Pass sweet

Comment

Yeah I love it when this happens because I get to try the full version out on game pass first and decide whether the switch version is worth a look.

I did the same with Slay the Spire and Dead Cells. Win win.

Comment

Decided to do something i rarely do and buy some dlc as the namcot collection on the switch had 2 more dlc packs to add in a ton of awesome famicom games, now my virtual shelves are heaving with game boxes. It's nice having all the Namco stuff in one place and the extra new games are fab pacman championship edition and gaplus arrange versions are worth it for those alone. although i found someone has ripped those 2 out as nes roms so they are going on my famciom mini too hehe.

Total ballache to buy funds for the japanese eshop on switch though they make everything region free then do their damndest to block out foriegn credit cards and paypal accounts. I'm having to use my Japanese 3DS as a damn wallet as it's more than happy to take money from my visa on that and then i use the share wallet function so the funds appear on my switch so i can buy stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X