Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda surprised they haven't ported Galaxy. You can get it in China for nVidia Shield, due to a complex legal wrangle - so the bulk of the work is kinda done.

Comment

I'm actually glad they didn't push ports and/or remakes more than they have. In fact, I wish they did less of them. Yes, that would have made the release schedule barren in certain months but with the exception of very few developers, eveyone approaches ports and remakes as a quick cash-in.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        I'm actually glad they didn't push ports and/or remakes more than they have. In fact, I wish they did less of them. Yes, that would have made the release schedule barren in certain months but with the exception of very few developers, eveyone approaches ports and remakes as a quick cash-in.
        This just would of meant less games for the switch though?, the gaps wouldn’t of been filled by new stuff. Given how few people played them on wiiU it was/is still a no brainier.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          I mean, there's a new Zelda on the way (though I'm concerned that it's going to be a less-than-full-sequel to BotW), but yeah, other than that, things do seem a bit sparse.
          Ive done enough of BotW now to know its a pretty complete game that doesn’t warrant a sequel really, so im curious as well to see what their going to do.

Its the same map apparently, so taking all my hearts, stamina and weapons away and start again with a new story line? No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            This just would have meant less games for the switch though?
            Sure, but it's how I generally feel towards remakes/remasters: if it's something like Dark Souls Remaster (minor adjustments and nothing more) don't do it; if it's something like FF7 (complete rework of the game) I'm OK with it but I would prefer resource were routed towards something new. If ports are simple ports or add just a couple of things (like Tokyo Mirage Session) I prefer them not existing in the first place, even if that would mean less games.

Comment

I’d normally agree Briareos, however so few people played the WiiU games, and they are all fantastic games, that it was a no brainier to bring them out on switch.

However in typical Ninty fashion they couldn’t even be bothered to half arse port them to switch, still several missing.

Thats what winds me up more than anything, the SECOND Nintendo get a whiff of success all bets for effort are off. What are their raft of internal studios even doing? They didn’t even make Luigis3 in house.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Ive done enough of BotW now to know its a pretty complete game that doesn’t warrant a sequel really, so im curious as well to see what their going to do.

Its the same map apparently, so taking all my hearts, stamina and weapons away and start again with a new story line? No thanks.
                Yeah; it brings to mind Majora's Mask. As a kid I honestly remember seeing that and avoiding it because I felt like it was a ripoff; like I'd paid full whack for Ocarina of Time and we were still in an era where most games were pretty much built 100% new from the ground up - even sequels often were. Obviously expansions existed, like that Jedi Knight one on PC, Mysteries of the Sith which was fantastic - but on console, seeing something built on the foundations of a prior game like that was really unusual. Now that's practically the norm.

Comment

Maybe if id done BotW at launch id feel different and be more open to a sequel, like the OoT & MM. However given how big BotW is and how I'm basically going for every shrine and bit of armour i can’t see myself being up for a sequel for years.

Comment

You say that now but I bet once you see gameplay of the upcoming title you'll change your mind. I really enjoyed BotW so I'll be getting the follow-up on release.

Comment

Not gonna lie... I'll obviously play BotW2 like everybody else will, but it's hard to escape the feeling that retreading what feels like a done-and-dusted Zelda storyline is a bit disappointing (isn't this what DLC is for?) instead of creating an all-new flagship entry in the franchise that further develops and refines the mechanics of what was a much needed shot in the arm for the 3D Zelda ethos after more than two decades (and several hardware generations) of titles (Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword) that rinsed and repeated the template first established by Ocarina of Time.

Comment

I'm in the same camp of it being inevitable I'll play BOTW2 but for Zelda it's a bit of a worst case scenario for me. I'm fine to just leave BOTW where it is. It doesn't matter how long people argue in its favour, the game always felt barren and unfinished for me. Certainly it was an entry that finally had great ambition from Nintendo but it also felt like they tied a bow on it too early for the sake of making the Switch launch date. It's the 3D Zelda I care least about and would be least likely to revisit but after the success of the game what I was absolutely fine with was a new sequel taking what BOTW advanced and continuing the overhaul of the franchise. It's much like how I enjoyed Mario Odyssey but I don't want Mario Odyssey 2 as the next Mario entry, it was good but the franchise has done better for me. What I was absoIutely against was Nintendo getting drunk on the game critical plaudits and making a more iterative entry where BOTW becomes the future of Zelda rather than a stepping stone to it. I'm still waiting to see what BOTW2 brings but I can't help but feel the distinct danger that I'm going to get the latter.

In terms of comments higher up, Nintendo certainly seem to have backed off the ports now which in retrospect may be a concern given in their absence there doesn't appear to be a single game lined up past this month which is exactly how a Nintendo success story grinds to a halt fast ala Wii.

Comment

What isn't grinding to a halt fast is their full-priced software sales. They could probably halt Switch production tomorrow and still make vastly more money from selling games than the other two combined.

Their current focus is ensuring that Animal Crossing hits 12M out of the gate. They probably don't want any other announcements to dilute that. It might be boring for us gamers but it has been working really well for them. At least we can be thankful that AC is out before E3.

Comment

Regarding animal crossing, does anyone know it has amiibo support? i'm hoping those 400+ cards i got for happy home designer have another use lol surely nintendo haven't forgot some of us bought those things.

Currently on a media blackout for that game so i don't wanna dig & have loads spoiled.

Comment

Yeah amiibo and amiibo cards are supported, although I don’t think it’s been said what they actually do in game, could be wrong but I’m trying to take in as little as possible myself.

Comment

Far as I'm aware scanning an Amiibo character via either method makes that character appear on your island and that's about it

Man I wish Nintendo's games didn't sell the way they do. It's like Rockstar, we'd have had GTA6 and possibly had 7 on the way by now if it weren't for the aggressive teet milking of a minority audience. It's consumers self-sabotaging themselves. Likewise we're without Mario Kart 9 because consumers keep heavily puring cash on Nintendo to actively not develop anymore content because of MK8. It's like a counter-microtransaction.

Comment

Working...
                                X