This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    It seems totally random, one minute they are fine next minute nope no international shipping for you then it’s oh yes this will ship ok. One of the reasons I just end everything to tenso.
    Yeah, the Astro City pad is now shipping internationally, but not the stick. I'm not going to be a happy bunny if they change the shipping on the stuff I've already got preordered.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      I've pre-ordered Mario 3D All Stars. Yes, the lack of Mario Galaxy 2 is disheartening and Mazza 64 not being widescreen is a bit jarring, but at the end of the day, these are great titles and they need to be in my library. It could be an investment too. Plus! My kids love mario and all 3 have Switches. They will want to experience these too.
      Isn't it? I must have missed that.

EDIT: Heh, it isn't.
      Last edited by Asura; 04-09-2020, 11:20.

Comment

One thing I'd add for folks looking at buying the 3D All Stars physical set: I am sure I read yesterday that there's 6 requirements that qualify you for the freebie Mario pin set, and although you only need to do 5, buying 3D All Stars is a mandatory one. I would imagine if you're shooting for this, you're going to either need to buy digitally or physically through the Nintendo store itself, rather than Amazon, ShopTo or the like. Not guaranteeing this is the case, but may be worth playing it safe if this is a thing that matters to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Isn't it? I must have missed that.

EDIT: Heh, it isn't.
          Yeah, it's only Sunshine that's been fixed.
          I had to rewatch the video, though, as it's a bit misleading and that bit is in small print when it splashes up.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Yeah, it's only Sunshine that's been fixed.
            I had to rewatch the video, though, as it's a bit misleading and that bit is in small print when it splashes up.
            That’s annoying, swear one of the info pages said m64 was 16:9, very odd and lazy decision.

Comment

You can see the 4:3 aspect ratio in the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                That’s annoying, swear one of the info pages said m64 was 16:9, very odd and lazy decision.
                11:06 in the video:

Comment

Hmmm... that's a bit sneaky. Having the VO saying the games have been optimised and showing the 4:3 screen widen to 16:9 really does give the impression that we should expect the same for Mario 64.

Comment

The pop-in 09:36 in the Sunshine video jumped out at me (characters in right middle-distance...I'm a bit of a pop-in nerd, it annoys me!). They could've optimized on that kind of thing, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                      The pop-in 09:36 in the Sunshine video jumped out at me (characters in right middle-distance...I'm a bit of a pop-in nerd, it annoys me!). They could've optimized on that kind of thing, I think.
                      Yeah; always depends what kind of can of worms it opens. I've got to assume the 4:3 thing for 64 is because if they widen the frame, it uncovers some really gnarly problem that they'd have to spend more time than they feel its worth to fix - because the game isn't a ROM (there are already videos online which show it has some improved textures and an HD onscreen interface) and you can literally change the aspect ratio of a game by changing a couple of numbers in its config files/code. Doesn't necessarily mean the game works correctly when you do that, though.

Comment

Mine too. It better have a kickstand like the original single screen G&Ws.
                        Sadly it doesn't, Nintendo Japans webpage for it has a spinning model of it and the back is devoid of a built in stand. I'm guessing it's packed in that small space that there's no clearance to have a recessed kick stand built in like the original models did. Might come with a stand in the box though maybe.

Comment

Mine too. It better have a kickstand like the original single screen G&Ws.
                          Sadly it doesn't, Nintendo Japans webpage for it has a spinning model of it and the back is devoid of a built in stand. I'm guessing it's packed in that small space that there's no clearance to have a recessed kick stand built in like the original models did. Might come with a stand in the box though maybe.
                          IIRC, the later "Crystal Screen" G&W models (1986 - 1991) ditched the kickstand (could be my mind playing tricks on me though).

I'm sure that the Club Nintendo reissues of G&W Ball had kickstands though. Anybody able to confirm?

Comment

Game and watch sold out already !

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                              Game and watch sold out already !
                              But GAME (if you're happy with a cnut like Mike Ashley getting your money) and ShopTo are taking pre-orders.

Comment

Anyone wanting a japanese game & watch for any reason amazon J has gone live
                                https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08HH5QR...9212010&sr=8-6
                                They were at 5500 yen, or so, but were quickly snapped up. Then they appeared for an hour or so at 12,800 yen. Now all sellers are offering them at 25,000 yen.

Comment

Working...
                                X