Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I think it looks okay, from what little we've seen. People love Musou and they loved Hyrule Warriors.

If it has full 2-player co-op (like in the campaign, not a special mode), I may spring for it, as that's the feature which defines the franchise for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Wait, is this a new game? Or just DLC for the previous game?

Not sure why I'm asking... I don't want it.
      If you watch the vid its a new game built form the ground up, they have worked alongside the Legend of zelda team with this and are saying its going to be very different from previous Hyrule warriors games, will be quite cool to see how each of the Hero's fell in battle and the events leading up to breath of the wild if nothing else.

Comment

Really this should be the storyline of the BOTW sequel. I would love to explore the same map before the calamity.

Comment

This is the most disappointing news since Corona.

I really expected a proper dungeon based Zelda...

Comment

Actually quite like the look of this, probably get it at some point.

Comment

Personally, I couldn’t care less for any Musou game, let alone one with a Zelda skin.

That said, maybe the fact that Tecmo Koei are working closely with Aonuma-san and the BOTW team on developing this one is cause for some optimism.

Comment

Bar the number of enemies on screen it could easily pass as DLC. It's got to be Nintendo cheaping out and reusing the same assets as it looks insanely close to BOTW. Not sure why the calamity thing gets hyped though, Zelda games have the barest semblence of a plot and BOTW was nothing special in that regard being kind of a land based retread of Wind Wakers set up. Link will defeat 1,000,000,000 enemies and Ganon and then an 11 second cutscene will say he loses ergo BOTW

Comment

Looks good to me, but then I'm one of the people who actually liked the first HW

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                    Must admit, after the inital excitment died down, I feel not making Mario 64 16:9, not including Galaxy 2 or 3D World and making it a limited run (Even online?!) feels so odd and money pinching.
                    Millions of Switch owners hurry to buy this, before it's discontinued / delisted at the end of March.

Nintendo wait for the dust to settle, then, when they have a dry period, release a new version, with Galaxy 2.

Gamers are furious, but, after much sighing, pre-order it in the end.

Nah. Nintendo wouldn't stoop that low.

Comment

Galaxy 2 will prob be a standalone but a little more polished. They may as well get every Mario game on there at this point, even doing a NSMB collection with the DS and Wii game.

Comment

I quite like musou games. They make me feel like I'm really good at a Platinum Games brawler without really having to be good.

Might also be a great game to play with my son if Asura is right about the campaign co-op.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                          Galaxy 2 will prob be a standalone but a little more polished. They may as well get every Mario game on there at this point, even doing a NSMB collection with the DS and Wii game.
                          I'd be down for that, I've only played the 3DS game.

I've been umming and arring about this 3D collection but I may pick it up just to be on the safe side. It'd be nice to replay Sunshine again after all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Might also be a great game to play with my son if Asura is right about the campaign co-op.
                            It's a "wait and see". I think since DW3 (the first one to have co-op) more of the games have been co-op than not - but it isn't universal. For instance, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1&2 weren't. Many of them say they are, but that's because they'll have some special co-op game mode, rather than full-on cooperative play.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I quite like musou games. They make me feel like I'm really good at a Platinum Games brawler without really having to be good.

I loved Hyrule Warriors. It was my first musou game, but after the initial glam of whacking tons of enemies it slowly turned into a Diablo 3-like loot/collectible hunt. I put near 200 hours into it and that was my fill. Like Animal Crossing I can only really play one once every ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                                I've been umming and arring about this 3D collection but I may pick it up just to be on the safe side. It'd be nice to replay Sunshine again after all these years.
                                I decided to get it when ShopTo had it for ~£40; I figure I can play a bunch of it then sell it on, and probably end up paying £15 for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X