Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopto dispatched my 3d all-stars on Wednesday Royal Mail 48 so hoping it pops through the door this morning

Comment

Royal Mail were able to sort out the misrouting after all - just got my copy of 3D All-Stars in the post!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        Royal Mail were able to sort out the misrouting after all - just got my copy of 3D All-Stars in the post!
        This is what I wanted to hear today.

Edit: mine has arrived! Wahoo!

Just read on Twitter that people are complaining about Mario 64 causing crashes when you quit the game and gotcha in Sunshine. This is true, but turns out only for users playing on custom firmware!
        Last edited by hudson; 18-09-2020, 10:39.

Comment

Stupid Nintendo,

Just got an email about the new Mario Site, The challenges to get the Badge set that they pushed in the 35 anniversary direct and the sweepstakes are locked out you have to be in American or Canada only.

Its like the bad old days of Nintendo.

Nintendo’s official home for all things Mario. Games, videos, and more.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 18-09-2020, 11:29.

Comment

Not happy they've un-inverted Sunshine ... that's going to be a problem for me.

Comment

I should have just purchased it from Tesco and saved myself a fiver

Not even started it yet.

Comment

You definitely notice the 60/30fps change when going from Galaxy to the other games.

It's weird, I had totally forgotten my biggest bugbear about Sunshine, too you can't "super jump" like in 64. I'm one of those people who practically never runs in 64; I'm using that jump all the time, and I'd completely forgotten how strange it is to not have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Not happy they've un-inverted Sunshine ... that's going to be a problem for me.
                  This is so weird because I'm not someone who has a preference either way, I usually go with the default and soon adapt to it, but playing a few shines last night I was mixing up directions all the time! I played Sunshine when it first came out and again about 5 years ago, so it's not like something I'm massively used to. I didn't realise they'd changed it, but feels like it's become locked deep somewhere in my mind!

I can't find any references to this online, but I'm sure you could tap the right trigger to do like a spread shot which was useful for cleaning up big patches of pollution, which doesn't seem to work in this port.
                  Last edited by ZipZap; 19-09-2020, 13:46.

Comment

Amazon gave me £5 back on my pre-order for 3D Collection. Booted up Sunshine and forgot how weak it is. I thought I'd play through it first but I'm tired and probably grumpy. Switched to Galaxy and now I feel much better. Not sure I'll go back to Sunshine until there is a real drought, which at this rate, will be never.
                    Last edited by ItsThere; 20-09-2020, 05:21.

Comment

If you change your switch language to japanese you can get the japanese versions of the games all the box art changes in the menus too seems it's another multilingual release.

Decided to finally do something i rarely ever do on a nintendo system and i bought a digital game as the touryst has been tempting me for months and seeing as i doubt it's gonna go physical (although i hold out hope for a cart release) i decided to give in. Loving everything about it so far it's so fun to play but i'm already 56% through the game i have a feeling it's not that big already gotten 6 of the locations unlocked but i'm slowing down now to savour every inch if the game. The arcade was a lot of fun i love the graphical effect of the arcade screens even down to the slight rolling image line distortion of the crt. So many fun diversions to do.

Comment

Comment

Must admit, I'm struggling with the camera and FLUDD controls in Sunshine. It all feels backwards.

-edit-
                          When you hold ZL to strafe, left analogue should strafe in any direction with right analogue controlling the nozzle. I'll adjust to it but it would have been a nice touch to have a more modern control scheme.
                          Last edited by Cepp; 19-09-2020, 20:43.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            FFS. Haven't seen this in DECADES. As hilarious now as it was then.

I'm absolutely facking howling.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              Bet ol' dave is still triggered when anyone utters mario 64 around him. How embarrasing to style your image around been a hardcore gamer but actually been shat while on national tv on a piss easy level too lol

Comment

Speculation the emulators in 3D All-Stars was chosen to facilitate future releases after code for features not used in any of the games on the collection was found.

Sounds plausable to me. A Paper Mario collection would be pretty cool to have.

Comment

Working...
                                X