Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo will hold a 20-minute livestream tomorrow, Tuesday 17th March, revealing new details on upcoming indie games f…

Nindies Direct streams tomorrow. That matches earlier rumours that pegged a full Direct for 26 March

Comment

Bought Taiko no Tatsujin ready for when I work from home.

Comment

I was weak, i saw a review of animal crossing on youtube and i couldn't help clicking my resolve to go in unspoiled has crumbled lol. My goodness it looks beautiful the only concern i have is the holidays will be as crap as the DS version where they stripped out the actual proper holidays for total trash. Still despite that slight worry i have ended up plonking down the 44 to preorder it for friday.

My only wish is the 7-11 conveni set returns and you can actually get it all without having to go into a damn 7-11 in japan. If it means buying a japanese copy of the game then so be it i don't mind double dipping i have done this before a few times in the series i have been playing this since the N64

Comment

I'm so excited- I caved and I've got the special edition coming too!
          Also have all the amiibo cards ready to go

Comment

I keep checking if my physical copy has dispatched every hour.
            C'mon man I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW

Comment

I secretly wanted the cushions but they’re all gone

Comment

I may have to buy online for this as i want to have visitors and do the visiting too, also i have a amiibo flash chip so i can abuse any amiibo figures to get unlockables to trade as well as a full set of those damn expensive amiibo cards. Hope nintendo supports this with regular feature downloads.

Comment

I need loads more of the cards as I am trying to collect them but not tried to get/ trade more for a while.
                  Just checked, not dispatched only to get an email 1 minute later it has now dispatched! Time to think of an Island name!

Comment

My copy dispatched this afternoon

Comment

Pre-ordered the digital version. Updated to version 1.1.0 last night. Should be able to play from 10pm tonight

Comment

10pm? Why? Does this mean I can start two hours early?! [edit]. No. Got too excited.
                        Last edited by gordon; 19-03-2020, 21:11.

Comment

12am on the east coast of North America is 10pm mountain time.

Comment

Having to share an Animal Crossing Island (a feature I already dislike on day one) had me once more considering a second Switch or a Switch Lite but, man, the account system is so painfully awful that it just wouldn’t work. As far as I can gather, you have a primary system and everyone can play everything on that. Your second Switch then becomes a secondary system and, to play any digital game on that, it has to be constantly online. Which means you can’t take it anywhere. But that’s not the kicker - from Nintendo’s support pages, it looks like only the person who purchased the games can play them. So even if you have family members associated with your account, they can’t access the games unless they were bought on their individual account. Bought games for your kid? They can’t play them on the second system. And you can’t transfer ownership either.

I can’t even find out what happens if you buy a game on that secondary system. Does that system become the primary system for that one game and anyone can play it? Who knows.

It’s tragically awful. Anyway, the end result is that burning a second Switch is rendered pretty pointless so my kids have to share my Animal Crossing game.

Edit: I realise I’m pretty much just ranting about stuff we’ve all ranted about but it’s just such a stupid barrier to purchase.
                            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 21-03-2020, 14:27.

Comment

Its why i avoid digital nonsense on Nintendo stuff if i can help it. Buying carts is a lot less hassle as if anyone wants to borrow it and play then the save data gets created on their console and they can play without it affecting my data.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Having to share an Animal Crossing Island (a feature I already dislike on day one) had me once more considering a second Switch or a Switch Lite but, man, the account system is so painfully awful that it just wouldn’t work. As far as I can gather, you have a primary system and everyone can play everything on that. Your second Switch then becomes a secondary system and, to play any digital game on that, it has to be constantly online. Which means you can’t take it anywhere. But that’s not the kicker - from Nintendo’s support pages, it looks like only the person who purchased the games can play them. So even if you have family members associated with your account, they can’t access the games unless they were bought on their individual account. Bought games for your kid? They can’t play them on the second system. And you can’t transfer ownership either.

I can’t even find out what happens if you buy a game on that secondary system. Does that system become the primary system for that one game and anyone can play it? Who knows.

It’s tragically awful. Anyway, the end result is that burning a second Switch is rendered pretty pointless so my kids have to share my Animal Crossing game.

Edit: I realise I’m pretty much just ranting about stuff we’ve all ranted about but it’s just such a stupid barrier to purchase.
                                Why on earth would you buy digital on Switch? Just get physical versions, cheaper & no hassle sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X