Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stretchers sounds perfect. I can see us having a laugh with that.

Comment

Stretchers is great! It is playable on your own, but a bit like trying to pat your head and rub your tummy. If you've got a second player to hand I can imagine it's even better.

Comment

The Switch is now officially Nintendo's second best-selling home console hardware of all-time, having surpassed the NES/Famicom for global sales.

Approx. 30m units behind the Wii now. Wouldn't have thought that it would catch the Wii at this point in its life but stranger things have happened.

A certain forum contributor will be p1ssed.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 05-11-2020, 12:31.

Comment

They're going to sail past 100m with ease.
          Still missing the point of the argument though

Comment

Yeah, they need to sell the same amount as the Wii and GBA combined.

Comment

Jokes aside, I'd argue they don't need to sell the same amount as those two platforms combined - but Nintendo needs to see a revenue of approximately their total revenue from around that time.

That's because we don't know how much profit they made on the Wii/GBA hardware. Like, if Nintendo only sell 1 Switch for every 3 GBAs and 6 Wiis, but they make more money at the end of the day, then that suggests shrinking to one hardware line has been a net positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Jokes aside, I'd argue they don't need to sell the same amount as those two platforms combined - but Nintendo needs to see a revenue of approximately their total revenue from around that time.

That's because we don't know how much profit they made on the Wii/GBA hardware. Like, if Nintendo only sell 1 Switch for every 3 GBAs and 6 Wiis, but they make more money at the end of the day, then that suggests shrinking to one hardware line has been a net positive.
                There is no argument to be had whatsoever.

The Switch is Nintendo's current flagship home console hardware. It has blown it's last flasghip home console hardware, the Wii U, out of the water to the point that it is Nintendo's second best-selling home console ever. That is undisputable fact. The end.

But apparently, according to said contributor who literally tried to suggest that the Switch was a flop and used nonsense maths to justify his claim, I'm the one missing the point.

Neon is actually Michael Pachter in disguise, isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  The end.

Comment

Let's not forget that they also develop and publish games, too.

How many first-party Switch games have been sold compared to the Wii and DS stuff?

Comment

I may be off here as I feel everyone else gets it but at this point for one last trip around the argument.

The Switch could still sell a successful amount of units and far outstrip the WiiU and still be a failure for Nintendo if its sales etc represented a decline in business for Nintendo. Their business was based on two systems and one making and selling less than the previous two would mean it was a bad move.

That was much more relevant back in the day the discussion first came up as the system has long since past those concerns though. If Switch sold more units than WiiU but saw an audience and revenue decline on the previous gen then no, Nintendo and its shareholders would absolutely not be popping the champagne corks

Comment

Bloody hell, these console threads are becoming bore-fests.

Comment

You say that but the Switch thread has more repeated discussion than the WiiU thread (though not as much as the WiiU and 3DS threads combined) which means Great Success!!

Comment

Remember the GBA. Three pillars.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              The Switch could still sell a successful amount of units and far outstrip the WiiU and still be a failure for Nintendo if its sales etc represented a decline in business for Nintendo. Their business was based on two systems and one making and selling less than the previous two would mean it was a bad move.
                              They don't have to sell more than the previous two combined to increase their market share. A lot of the time it was the same people buying the console and the handheld, they weren't getting into twice the amount of homes by releasing two devices.

Releasing two consoles means two lots of research and development teams, two lots of marketing, two lots of game development. If you only need to do all that stuff once, you can sell less units than the two combined, but make more money. Why do everything twice when you don't have to? It makes perfect sense to have a combined platform,

Comment

I think the sales numbers for £50 Wii U ports means that the console is a success. Nintendo are taking the piss and still winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X