Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of games aren’t available physically. Any game available physically, I buy physically for exactly that reason. It’s not always an option.

Comment

The Switch has now sold 12.8m units in Japan, which means that it has now outsold the Wii there (12.7m).

Globally, it is currently on 52m approx - a long way from the 102m approx. that the Wii shifted worldwide.

Comment

Animal crossing has caused a spike in sales crazy how much it's sold and how much it's fueling console sales on it's own.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Why on earth would you buy digital on Switch? Just get physical versions, cheaper & no hassle sharing.
          I've bought a lot of digital on Switch already. We have five physical games but only because they were vastly cheaper than the digital ones.

I'm sure it'll eventually bite me on the arse but so far I've had no troubles.

Comment

Digital only games obviously you have no choice, thats a given. But if its on a cart on Switch, thats the best way to buy it.

Comment

That's a great boost for Switch. I'm still doubtful it'll surpass the Wii given the higher rrp. That and whilst Animal Crossing shows how great new releases drive Switch sales it's a point clearly lost on Nintendo given the release schedule

Comment

Panzer Dragoon is out!

Just when my only game time is going to Animal Crossing. Still, I picked it up.

Comment

Totally unexpected Mini-Direct!

Comment

Badly want 51 Worldwide Games and I feel like Shinsekai: Into the Depths is worth a punt.

Comment

That Direct is a fairly appaling reflection of the Switch that makes it look like a system in its dying days reliant on a few drabs of aged old ports of overplayed games.

I'll be getting most of them mind

Comment

I think I've got Switch addiction.

Especially during this mad old lockdown I just buy everything. I've got 4 Doom games on there now, all the better cheap sale games, 5 Resident Evil Games. Anything I like or have ever wanted to play I basically get on Switch. My virtual library and physical library is huge.

It's such a simple and easy console to fit into your life I just love buying games to have them in case I ever want to play them.

Do I love Super Meat Boy? Yes. Have I bought it? Yes. Played it? Not really.
                        Do I love Ikaruga? Yes. Have I bought it? Yes. Payed it? Not really. (Did buy a flip grip though...)
                        Do I love Pazer Dragoon. Yes. Have I bought it. I bloody well will. Maybe I will play it, maybe I won't. But I'll have it in my little list of Switch game blocks.

I am sure I'm not the only Switch consumer like this as well...

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                          I think I've got Switch addiction.

Especially during this mad old lockdown I just buy everything. I've got 4 Doom games on there now, all the better cheap sale games, 5 Resident Evil Games. Anything I like or have ever wanted to play I basically get on Switch. My virtual library and physical library is huge.

It's such a simple and easy console to fit into your life I just love buying games to have them in case I ever want to play them.

Do I love Super Meat Boy? Yes. Have I bought it? Yes. Played it? Not really.
                          Do I love Ikaruga? Yes. Have I bought it? Yes. Payed it? Not really. (Did buy a flip grip though...)
                          Do I love Pazer Dragoon. Yes. Have I bought it. I bloody well will. Maybe I will play it, maybe I won't. But I'll have it in my little list of Switch game blocks.

I am sure I'm not the only Switch consumer like this as well...
                          EDIT - I re bought The Witcher 3 on it at mad expense and love it. I fly a lot for work (I did anyway) and playing that on a plane - if you go Qatar airways and take the right kit you can plug it into your seat - is immense. Another cracking double dip.

Comment

So Panzer Dragoon... it’s okay. It’s not fantastic. The intro feels poor and old and yet not really in a charming old kind of way. So it doesn’t set a great beginning experience. The game itself looks better. Still feels a bit dusty but the design is pretty. Some of the visuals really make the more drab areas of the original look lovely but don’t quite live up to what they better looking places in the original could have been. Yes, obviously technically it’s way above the original but the design really shone in that old game back in the day. This remake is a bit busy in places which makes it tricky to see some of the enemies but it does look pretty. It’s kind of like a PS3 conversion of a game that was pretty on that system, if you know what I mean.

The targeting thingy (reticule?) comes from the original and it wasn’t as simple or clear as in the sequel. They should have gone with the sequel version. This is a bit hard to read. And the sound effects are too much, getting in the way of the music in places.

Oh and it has a credit system, like it’s an arcade game.

It doesn’t make a wonderful first impression. But I don’t want to be all that negative about it because, playing it, it does capture that original game. It’s fun. It just doesn’t feel like a high-polish remake as remakes go. Music is great though and I still hope they remake the second game.

Comment

Ah, that’s a little disappointing to hear. The graphics definitely aren’t quite as striking as the oriiginal.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                Digital only games obviously you have no choice, thats a given. But if its on a cart on Switch, thats the best way to buy it.
                                With a view to relocate again in a few years, I respectfully disagree.

Comment

Working...
                                X