Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that. It really is a ridiculous problem, made far more ridiculous by Nintendo doing precisely nothing about it. A company that loves its hardware revisions won’t actually revise and fix these joycons.

Comment

It's insane they've seemingly got away with it tbh. I'm dreading the day my joycons develop this issue.

Comment

Have to agree, for the cost of those things they should be flawlessly working. As much as I like the switch the build quality leaves a lot to be desired the plastic on mine is already cracking near the vents and down to the screen and I checked the screws to see if they were in too tight and nope the plastic is cheap and brittle. At some point it’s gonna be in a state where I can no longer use it portably, I look after my stuff and it’s still not enough it’s like the ds life a over again. Wonder if it uses the same reinforced plastic that the new 3ds’s were made from or they skipped it to cut costs

Comment

I tried Ring Fit Adventure! Man, Nintendo sure know how to wow you. Little things like the pulse reading from the infrared spot on the controller to all the stats it presents you and presentation as a whole. Just lovely.

The exercise is real I'm on difficulty 18 and I'm finding it really good to do for about 20-30 minutes so far. I feel my groin muscles from last night's squats. The integration of monster battles like an RPG is really fun. I like that if you do a proper lower squat you get a more powerful attack. A nice reward for your effort. Again, the little details. I hope to try and do a workout everyday.

Oh also, I like how Nintendo have added the multitask mode where you can still use the resistant ring to exercise whilst the console is in sleep mode. You can have it on your shoulder doing bicep crunches whilst watching TV and the stats will save and give you XP for the RPG game.

Really cool, so far.

Comment

Next Level Games, the talented Canadian developer behind Luigi's Mansion 3, will become a fully-owned subsidiary of Nin…

Nintendo is buying Next Level Games, developer of Luigi's Mansion 3.

Comment

imageboard,image board,anime,manga,ecchi,hentai,video games,english,japan

Era is a buzz again discussing this supposed new information from the hacker SciresM on the forever rumoured Nintendo Switch Pro. The information about the system includes:

-In development for 18mth-2yrs
              -Believed to feature an OLED screen
              -Substantially better cooling and battery life
              -4K Support

It remains famous last words and all but this continues to reek of wish material around a system the market isn't begging for, rivals have shown isn't very big and for a company who has never and continues to show no desire to pursue premium level hardware markets. The only thing that could possibly sell more Switch units now than are currently being sold (other than key software) is lowering the price - not causing it to potentially ramp even further up unless this remains very, very early development work on a still far off Switch 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                https://boards.4channel.org/vg/threa...681#p319809414
                Era is a buzz again discussing this supposed new information from the hacker SciresM on the forever rumoured Nintendo Switch Pro. The information about the system includes:

-In development for 18mth-2yrs
                -Believed to feature an OLED screen
                -Substantially better cooling and battery life
                -4K Support

It remains famous last words and all but this continues to reek of wish material around a system the market isn't begging for, rivals have shown isn't very big and for a company who has never and continues to show no desire to pursue premium level hardware markets. The only thing that could possibly sell more Switch units now than are currently being sold (other than key software) is lowering the price - not causing it to potentially ramp even further up unless this remains very, very early development work on a still far off Switch 2.
                I honestly think that we will, in the near future, get a revision of the Switch. But I don't think it's what people are expecting.

I suspect it will have a different screen, because Nintendo will evaluate the present screen manufacturers and pick the right one. It'll probably be better, just because it's newer.

I suspect it will have better cooling & battery life purely because it's Nintendo's second crack at the whip.

I also believe it will have 4k support, but only support. What I mean is that the HDMI-out of the machine will support 4k, but that will only be used in the system menus, and some games will have 4k UIs with lower resolution 3D gameplay; and some indie games that already low-ball the machine's spec will probably support it.

Not a Switch Pro, as such. More like a 3DS-New3DS situation.

Comment

In 2000 MS met with Nintendo about buying the Japanese company out, Nintendo apparently laughed them out of the room

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...heir-asses-off
                    In 2000 MS met with Nintendo about buying the Japanese company out, Nintendo apparently laughed them out of the room
                    A: Too big to buy out for any but Apple or Amazon.
                    B: Pretty sure Japanese law prohibits the sale of a company over a certain size to outside (of Japan) companies or entities.

Comment

I have to say I don't think you're right on either of those. Microsoft was about a thousand times the size with about a thousand times the cash of Apple and Amazon combined in 2000. And I've not heard of the latter law. Except maybe if it's some kind of defence contractor or something I guess.

That said, do I know why Nintendo thought the idea of an acquisition was so ridiculous? No idea! It's interesting though.

The whole Bloomberg article that that Eurogamer piece is excerpting is fascinating, I've only had a skim of it so far but will be reading properly.

It's here for anyone wondering: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...?sref=dJuchiL5

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        A: Too big to buy out for any but Apple or Amazon.
                        Disney would definitely be in that list also.

But yeah, I do believe that there is a Japanese law that would effectively allow for the government to veto the sale of a company like Nintendo to foreign buyers.

Comment

I dunno about the Japanese law bit, but MS was vastly bigger than Disney, too, back in 2000. They were an absolute giant compared to almost everybody.

Comment

Yes, the Japanese government can cancel the acquisition if they find irregularities and if the foreign buyer doesn't either buy stocks of listed Japanese companies or invest in unlisted companies.

Comment

That's interesting, I didn't know that.

Comment

Been a long time coming but i finally got my lazy ass to dig out all the boxes from under pinball to get at my taiko controller at the back while i'm off work i wanted to finally test out that brook super converter, while my official switch tatacon is ok it lacks the amazing recoil that it's older brother has.

Boom supersize.

Wasn't as plug n play as i'd hoped i tried just plugging it into converter but i couldn't get my switch to detect it so i had to plug it into a wii remote then sync that to the adapter however even that wasn't simple lol. Also realised i couldn't just select it as the drum controller in the taiko menu when playing, i have to lie & tell the game i'm using a control pad and you have to change the controller type to 3 as otherwise you get dons & kas been hit at the same time when you hit the don. If you selec the drum controls it auto defaults to type 4 which will not work as you'll be missing the don inputs the only other thing is dialing down the lag timing i have it almost there but i still need to tweak and play with the settings as my internal clock is telling me it's off, thankfully there's enough buttons on the wiimote to access the menus and do the calibration test button 1 on the remote acts as X on the drum controller on the switch version.

Have had to go from oni right down back to normal as the sticks that come with the pro controller are very heavy as they have rubber sleeves like their arcade counterparts i cant seem to get my hands to move fast enough when drumming but i'll adjust. The recoil on the pro is amazing though you can drum roll like crazy on it and i'm having to relearn because of it as i can now drumroll the really close together notes instead of actively trying to individually drum. This is how it's supposed to be controlled the arcade drum behaves the same it's the only way to survive some of the hardest songs in oni as it's brutal trying to single press on a control pad. trying out the wooden bachi as i'm hoping they will let me move fast enough to go back upto at least hard for the time been.

Comment

Working...
                                X