This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    While I hoped this early on, it became very clear very quickly that we weren't going to get most of the types of games that made it to the 3DS or DS. And that's a huge shame. I feel a gap now for those types of games.

Nintendo are weird when it comes to releases, they really are. We look back on the DS and 3DS and see the catalogue as a whole and generally they're impressive but remember just how many droughts there were for these systems? Months and months of nothing from Nintendo. And they do this thing where they're still pushing the same games years after release, like they only need one of something per system (like how we don't have another Switch Mario Kart). Which you might even make a case for if it weren't also for the fact that it feels like there are less of those one of something games (like how we don't get an F-Zero game or how Metroid Prime 4 really doesn't exist and we haven't had any other Metroid game).

Any game on that Nintendo list that doesn't have a date, I don't think we'll see in 2021. There are just three games on that list that are actually coming out.
    In some cases what bewilders is a lack of content for existing games, like Super Mario Party. Similarly, I would happily spend £30 on another campaign for Ring Fit Adventure.

I can kinda get it with Mario Kart, because Nintendo put a lot of energy into the freemium version for phones, and because they sold 8 for Switch on the basis that it was "definitive and complete"; but honestly would happily pay a good wedge for packs of 4 tracks, or more battle mode stages.

Then Nintendo make more content for BotW, which is already an enormous game where I suspect most people don't see everything included in the base purchase.

Comment

But personally I thought the add-on content for BotW was pretty awful and I love that game. Maybe add-on stuff just isn't quite their thing yet. But I feel like, yes, everyone would love more content for MK8 but, even more than that, a MK9 would have cleaned up. But then they still seem to keep selling MK8 and maybe that's working for them and it was already made. It's largely pure profit at this point. It's like they don't feel they need to give more and, realistically, maybe they don't... but they should.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        which is also the case with god of war and horizon we've seen nothing of either of these too
        Difference is these are in active development and will come out. Metroid is in permanent Nintendo purgatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Metroid is in permanent Nintendo purgatory.
          At least it'll be able to shack up with Starfox, F-Zero, Punch-Out!!, Wave Race, 1080⁰ Snowboarding, Excitebike...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            But personally I thought the add-on content for BotW was pretty awful and I love that game. Maybe add-on stuff just isn't quite their thing yet.
            I'm playing through The Ballad of Champions now and I agree totally. It's a poor, cobbled-together thing.

Comment

With AC selling 31m copys in just, 9 months?, Nintendo have seen the way and its not something people like us are going to like.
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 02-02-2021, 13:13.

Comment

Or all those new customers when Switch 2 lands and they get Animal Crossing: New Horizons Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  With AC selling 31m copys in just, 9 months?, Nintendo have seen the way and its not something people like us are going to like.
                  I think Nintendo are smart enough to understand that AC's recent success is buoyed a bit by the pandemic. It hit at just the right moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    I think Nintendo are smart enough to understand that AC's recent success is buoyed a bit by the pandemic. It hit at just the right moment.
                    It's almost like it was planned...

Comment

So it wasn't china with it's wet market bat dick noodles but nintendo all along the evil geniuses, what a perfect treatment for the stress of been stuck in a pandemic than living on a virtual island with adorable animals almost too perfect a treatment joking aside the pandemic is mostly responisble for animal crossing doing so well they are big sellers in general but it dropped at the perfect time when lots of people were stuck at home add in the fact you can travel online to other made it even better. Shame that the drip feeding of features kind of killed it for me though.

I never had the same frustrations as others regarding the switch though, i have learnt a long time ago that it's pointless making lists of games you hope nintendo will make it just becomes a frustrating excercise. Which is why when it comes to buying stuff nintendos 1st party stuff is a tiny fraction of my library, sure i do enjoy the 1st paty stuff as much as the next person but i also enjoy the 3rd party stuff a lot more and now it's in a really great position regarding 3rd parties as they now release a lot of stuff on switch. There's actually so much stuff between regions that it's a little overwhelming now. Sure it doesn't get all the AAA type stuff from western devs but i don't care as i have my PS4 for that, it does enough great games and a lot of indie games that it's a perfect companion to my PS4.

Plus the fact that i never got a WiiU means i don't have the same resentment as a lot regarding having WiiU games ported to switch, i'm glad a lot now have a proper chance to shine on the switch than to be trapped in the library of a flop console.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        So it wasn't china with it's wet market bat dick noodles but nintendo all along the evil geniuses, what a perfect treatment for the stress of been stuck in a pandemic than living on a virtual island with adorable animals almost too perfect a treatment joking aside the pandemic is mostly responisble for animal crossing doing so well they are big sellers in general but it dropped at the perfect time when lots of people were stuck at home add in the fact you can travel online to other made it even better. Shame that the drip feeding of features kind of killed it for me though.

I never had the same frustrations as others regarding the switch though, i have learnt a long time ago that it's pointless making lists of games you hope nintendo will make it just becomes a frustrating excercise. Which is why when it comes to buying stuff nintendos 1st party stuff is a tiny fraction of my library, sure i do enjoy the 1st paty stuff as much as the next person but i also enjoy the 3rd party stuff a lot more and now it's in a really great position regarding 3rd parties as they now release a lot of stuff on switch. There's actually so much stuff between regions that it's a little overwhelming now. Sure it doesn't get all the AAA type stuff from western devs but i don't care as i have my PS4 for that, it does enough great games and a lot of indie games that it's a perfect companion to my PS4.

Plus the fact that i never got a WiiU means i don't have the same resentment as a lot regarding having WiiU games ported to switch, i'm glad a lot now have a proper chance to shine on the switch than to be trapped in the library of a flop console.
                        I Had a willU and they have pretty much ported everything big of note now and i don't mind though some I've re-bought some i havent. The only thing they haven't brought across is the zelda game remakes, no doubt we will see them as part of some Zelda anniversary thing at some point this year like they did with the Mario hopefully it wont be as miserly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          I Had a willU and they have pretty much ported everything big of note now and i don't mind though some I've re-bought some i havent. The only thing they haven't brought across is the zelda game remakes, no doubt we will see them as part of some Zelda anniversary thing at some point this year like they did with the Mario hopefully it wont be as miserly.
                          Starfox Zero says hello!

Personally speaking I'd really rather that Nintendo didn't bring over reheated remakes of Zelda games that have been played to death, but I acknowledge that the whole SMB 35th/SM3DAS thing paves the way for them to do similar with Zelda's 35th Anniversary this year.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 03-02-2021, 11:17.

Comment

Roms of Ocarina and Majora along with Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD in one collection. Skyward Sword left off just to wind people up Galaxy 2 style. On sale for 35 minutes before Nintendo launches the Megaton and nukes every copy for XXXXX reasons no-one will ever know or understand

Comment

Still can’t fathom why the hell nintendo thinks it’s a good idea to make the Mario collection limited. The money they got for using that strategy to fomo trigger people will not be as much as if they just kept it on sale as a lot of Nintendo titles have crazy long legs so people would still pick it up. If the do a Zelda one I doubt I’ll buy it as I kind of drifted away from that series there’s only certain ones I like now mainly the toon link zeldas.

Comment

3D All Stars will be available for a long time. It has actually been reduced in a few places.

Comment

Working...
                                X