This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    @Asura It's SM3DAS (and SMB35) that are under the limited availability. They're both gone come the end of March.
    Ah OK - I think I got confused what with these both being shown off at the same announcement a while back.

Though the Mario All-Stars thing; it sold really well, so I doubt it'll be hard to get via eBay in July.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Though the Mario All-Stars thing; it sold really well, so I doubt it'll be hard to get via eBay in July.
      Come the end of March, people might well be paying inflated prices for a copy of SM3DAS off of eBay.

I have a sneaky feeling that Nintendo might recall unsold copies of SM3DAS, but we'll see.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-02-2021, 09:42.

Comment

More likely that they just won’t let retailers restock, the copies out there will eventually dry up.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          More likely that they just won’t let retailers restock, the copies out there will eventually dry up.
          Oh, it's a given that they'll end restocking for SM3DAS.

They might just double-down on that, IMO.

Comment

Can’t see them pulping copies, Partridge style, come April

Comment

Highly unlikely that they will recall, they would have to have some really silly logic to recall games that the retail stores have already paid money to Nintendo for them to recall the games and pay back the retailers. Super Mario 3D All Stars has a chance of being very common game considering it sold 8.32 million copies in 2020 (https://www.gamespot.com/articles/su.../1100-6487079/).
              That number does include digital sales, but even if physical version sales were as low as 10%, it's still a lot. Physical version was also really high on Amazon's sold games list in 2020 (https://www.gamespot.com/articles/am.../1100-6485944/)

But yeah, in terms of inflated prices, it will happen because people think that since it was limited time only that it will not be around, but with that many copies sold it's not going to be a hard to find game. And also Nintendo games always go for a premium.

Comment

Originally posted by Travesty View Post
                Highly unlikely that they will recall, they would have to have some really silly logic to recall games that the retail stores have already paid money to Nintendo for them to recall the games and pay back the retailers.
                I can only think of one reason - if they want to do it again.

Because if they're going to try this limited availability thing for the upcoming collection of Zelda Hyrule Legendarium, it would probably sell a lot more if they really go through with that. Fear of missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Travesty View Post
                  Highly unlikely that they will recall, they would have to have some really silly logic to recall games that the retail stores have already paid money to Nintendo for them to recall the games and pay back the retailers. Super Mario 3D All Stars has a chance of being very common game considering it sold 8.32 million copies in 2020 (https://www.gamespot.com/articles/su.../1100-6487079/).
                  That number does include digital sales, but even if physical version sales were as low as 10%, it's still a lot. Physical version was also really high on Amazon's sold games list in 2020 (https://www.gamespot.com/articles/am.../1100-6485944/)

But yeah, in terms of inflated prices, it will happen because people think that since it was limited time only that it will not be around, but with that many copies sold it's not going to be a hard to find game. And also Nintendo games always go for a premium.
                  The cost is a drop in the ocean for a company like Nintendo at this point, and that's being generous. They literally have more money than they know what to do with. Recalling unsold copies of SM3DAS really, really wouldn't hurt them in terms of reimbursing retailers for stocking. It wouldn't even make a dent.

I'm not saying they'll definitely do that, but there's no way, IMO, that it is off the table if they want to double-down on SM3DAS truly being unavailable commercially after March.

Comment

I can only think of one reason - if they want to do it again.

Because if they're going to try this limited availability thing for the upcoming collection of Zelda Hyrule Legendarium, it would probably sell a lot more if they really go through with that. Fear of missing out.
                    I think it is clear, after SM3DAS and the Fire Emblem boxed digital code spec-TAT-tular, that Nintendo are definitely going to be doing more limited-availability products.

Comment

It reminds me of when a lot of people were accusing Nintendo of incompetence for not making more SNES Minis. They'd obviously created a short supply deliberately.

I got totally sucked into the FOMO for All Stars and preordered immediately

EDIT: edited my first sentence for better clarity

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        It reminds me of when a lot of people were accusing Nintendo of incompetence for not making more SNES Minis. They'd obviously created a short supply deliberately.
                        To be fair, I think some of that annoyance was because there were many of us who could clearly see that Nintendo were artificially engineering demand - a truly classic Nintendo trick - for their Mini Consoles when it really wasn't necessary to do that for a SoC emulator that cost buttons to make.

Why p1ss off the people who genuinely wanted one with such scalper-positive tactics? Just churn the fokkin' things out and sell them to everybody who wants one at RRP!!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          I got totally sucked into the FOMO for All Stars and preordered immediately
                          As did I but only because there was a good offer at ShopTo which I knew would only last a few hours. I wouldn't have paid full retail.

Comment

My copy along with both the amiibo shipped yesterday, Mario red switch bundle shipped today. Not that I’ll be doing much as I have to work all weekend but least I have mon & tues off to give it some proper playtime.

Comment

Wait - just to double-check, is this one under some kind of limited availability like the Mario collection? As if not, then there's no rush. I'll wait until payday.

For some reason I thought it was.
                              Same. I'm going to wait for a discount though.

Comment

The left stick on my Switch Lite is discolouring. It's going a slight red-ish tint.

No idea why. Unless I've cut my thumb, not noticed and then played on it.

FFS.

Comment

Working...
                                X