This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    That Crayon Shin Chan game looks like a licensed take on Boku no Natsuyasumi. My guess is it will consist of different minigames?
    Yup it pretty much is boku natsu but with shin chan replacing the role of boku it even has the same starting setup of been introduced to the family house you will be staying at. If it's like any of the previous boku natsu games though it's probably not gonna be filled with tons of minigames usually they had like one or two per game. The most minigame stuff that i saw in previous boku natsu games was stuff like the elastic leg skipping game or bug sumo matches or playing qix at the village shop along with fishing & bug catching. On the other side Shin chan games however are usually are pretty standard and they do have a lot of minigames packed into them but i don't know at all how much will be brought over from Shin chans type of gaming into boku natsu. Least Kaz Ayabe is in charge so it's going to be done properly as the series of boku natsu games were his creation.

It's been so long since there was a game like this, i miss them. I would love for them to remaster the first 4 games using the original resolution artwork for the backgrounds, the games were held back by the resolutions of the systems they were released on. Well not so much for PS3 but for PS1&2 as well as PSP the art looked nice, but nothing like the original watercolour paintings. The boku natsu artbook showed me just how stunning the originals artwork was.

Comment

"me and the professor's summer vacation"

Only just saw it on Twitter. Sign me up!

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Yup it pretty much is boku natsu but with shin chan replacing the role of boku it even has the same starting setup of been introduced to the family house you will be staying at. If it's like any of the previous boku natsu games though it's probably not gonna be filled with tons of minigames usually they had like one or two per game. The most minigame stuff that i saw in previous boku natsu games was stuff like the elastic leg skipping game or bug sumo matches or playing qix at the village shop along with fishing & bug catching. On the other side Shin chan games however are usually are pretty standard and they do have a lot of minigames packed into them but i don't know at all how much will be brought over from Shin chans type of gaming into boku natsu. Least Kaz Ayabe is in charge so it's going to be done properly as the series of boku natsu games were his creation.

It's been so long since there was a game like this, i miss them. I would love for them to remaster the first 4 games using the original resolution artwork for the backgrounds, the games were held back by the resolutions of the systems they were released on. Well not so much for PS3 but for PS1&2 as well as PSP the art looked nice, but nothing like the original watercolour paintings. The boku natsu artbook showed me just how stunning the originals artwork was.
        Ah, understood. Interesting that it is pretty much a Boku Natsu game. It's a series I've always admired from afar and never played. Off topic, but which one in your opinion would be the best to jump in with?

Comment

Ah, understood. Interesting that it is pretty much a Boku Natsu game. It's a series I've always admired from afar and never played. Off topic, but which one in your opinion would be the best to jump in with?
          I enjoyed the story & location of 4 the most but all of them are worth a play i loved the okinawa style coastal village it's set in plus the little shop in that village has a qix arcade machine to play, you can also dive in that one looking for bottle caps & stuff to trade for cash to buy things as well as the usual bug catching type stuff. If you like 4 then you will pretty much like the others too they are all similar in game mechanics & style but with different locations and characters, however the language barrier can be tricky in places, certain events only appear if conditions are met thankfully there are guides online to point the way and you can still see the ending without triggering everything but even without knowing them inside and out just exploring the environments is fun to me the fact there's no music just the sounds of nature make headphones a must i have sat before and just listened to the game while boku sits there doing nothing they are like mini places to escape into for me.

All apart from 3 can be emulated pretty easily if you don't want to play the originals, 3 is tricky as it was only released on PS3 so emulating that is not an option.

Boku 1 was released on PS1 & then remade later for PSP
          Boku 2 was released on PS2 & then remade later for PSP
          Boku 3 was PS3 only
          Boku 4 was PSP only

Here's a glimpse of 4 on PSP it's the main reason i still own a psp god i love this series of games.
          Last edited by importaku; 18-02-2021, 15:20.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]

That's useful, thanks. I think I'll take your recommendation and give the 4th game on PSP a try, as that saves connecting up the PS2 (my computer isn't capable of even the simplest 3D emulation!).

Sounds like I'll have to deploy a guide, but that's OK. Been a long while since I've had to wade through anything in Nihongo but think the juice is worth the squeeze on this one.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]

That's useful, thanks. I think I'll take your recommendation and give the 4th game on PSP a try, as that saves connecting up the PS2 (my computer isn't capable of even the simplest 3D emulation!).

Sounds like I'll have to deploy a guide, but that's OK. Been a long while since I've had to wade through anything in Nihongo but think the juice is worth the squeeze on this one.
              Like i said, you will be able to see the story through without knowing any japanese as they play out one day at a time till your summer holiday ends you'll never be left totally stuck unable to finish one if you know a bit about japanese culture that will help a little there's things that might seem weird unless you know stuff like one part in 4 where the family he's living with celebrate obon so they take a visit to the graveyard to pay their respects and boku goes along, or there's morning routine of family breakfast or the radio excercise program you can take part in. What you see and do during each day is upto you, at the end of each day you draw what you did in your notebook this is where replay value comes in as you'll never be able to do everything in one run without knowing everything beforehand so you can experience the story again & again which is why i still love to play them even now as they are really unique games.

Comment

Excellent stuff. I’m going to get it going, thanks mate.

Comment

SNK Vs. Capcom isn't as easy to play on Switch as it was on NGPC.

Comment

Maybe try the NES controllers?

Comment

NGPC joy-cons when?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        NGPC joy-cons when?
                        Imagine how awesome those would be, clicky heaven. Would probably last longer than regular sticks nintendo use in regular joycons.

Comment

I would buy the absolute **** of of those.

But seriously, they need to be in Camo Blue. The objectively best NGPC colour.

Others will reply to this with alternatives but they're wrong.

Comment

Oh no...

Comment

If I were paying out the ass for an NGPC these days I'd definitely get the clear yellow one.

Comment

Ah, the urine edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X