Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first level definitely doesn’t capture the sparseness of the original but it’s important to remember that the original was plagued with pop in, which was acceptable at the time. The horizon went on pretty much forever so you’d see things miles away if it was recreated without things put in the way. This is similar to how the classic tracks in Wipeout 3 gained new signs to put barriers between you and where the original pop in was and how there were more things in the way in the PD sequel. So I don’t mind them putting more things in and I don’t think the design is bad personally, I just don’t think it quite captures the design sense and it doesn’t have a level of polish we’d expect now. My very first impression was that this game feels like a PS3 port, more than a remake today. Some of the later episodes are as simple as they were back in the day, like episode 4 which is just a tunnel.

It’s a mixed bag generally. It’s just feels underwhelming. Not adding a huge amount while not really improving anything either. And it is a game that needed improving - a straight port might hold a little nostalgia for some of us but little more than that at this stage.

Comment

Hmm theres a rumour going around that nintendo is remastering a lot of the older Mario games for his 35th anniversairy sunshine. 3D world & galaxy are supposedly meant to be in the works.

Comment

Believe it when i see it on the Mario remasters front.

Comment

I hear there's a rumour that some old 3D Mario games are getting a re-release on Switch.

Comment

After an initial leak set the floodgates open yesterday, new details have been published on how Nintendo's upcoming arr…

So, its increasingly looking like the collection is a kind of Super Mario All-Stars 2 and contains simple remasters of:

-Super Mario 64
            -Super Mario Sunshine
            -Super Mario Galaxy

Curiously, Super Mario Galaxy 2 remains absent from most of these reports.

A second title released will be:

-Super Mario 3D World Deluxe

With added levels etc. And the last game is:

-Paper Mario 6

Which is said to be more along the lines of the first two entried into the series. Presumably, this will all come out in a Direct sometime from April through June as the anniversary itself takes place mid-September.

Comment

Don't know if you've heard, but there are rumours that Nintendo are re-releasing some old 3D Mario games on the Switch.

Comment

Are you talking about the same rumours I've heard, because, according to rumours, Nintendo is going to remaster some old 3D Mario games for the Switch?

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. Does anyone remember the 25th anniversary on the Wii?

Comment

Super Mario Allstars 2: Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2. Any Mario 3D World content would be a welcome bonus

Comment

Any of them would be great news. Day one purchase for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        I'll believe it when I see it. Does anyone remember the 25th anniversary on the Wii?
                        You mean when Nintendo ROM-dumped All-Stars on to a Wii Disc and then charged full RRP for the privilege?

No siree, not I!!

I can totally see why people think Nintendo would make a serious effort to celebrate their very own mascot!
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 31-03-2020, 12:41.

Comment

You're all incorrect.

They're actually remastering some Mario games. Apparently Mario Galaxy is among them.

Comment

Has anyone heard about these supposed Mario remasters?

Comment

Hi guys not sure if you've seen but rumour is that we will be getting a full 3D remaster of Hotel Mario.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Has anyone heard about these supposed Mario remasters?
                                Mario Is Missing & Hotel Mario HD.

Amirite or Am I right??

Comment

Working...
                                X