Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Driller is great fun. I've put about five hours into that since it arrived on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Everywhere, I picked one up early this year for about £80 and now they're going for generally at least £120 for one that isn't missing bits or suffering reasonable amounts of damage. As high as in the £200's for a new condition one, ironically it's probably because it's a cheaper way of playing the Switch library
      Sorry. I've not seen any of this anywhere.

NUKS are still selling Wii U software at full RRP though.

Comment

Anyone give the new Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia demo a try? Trailer looks good

I'm not sure how connected it is to the PS1 game but hopefully its not required to enjoy this. More importantly (to me), its by Matrix!!! I haven't seen them in years, although a quick read of their Wiki page shows they have been active, developing a weeb roguelike called Omega Labyrinth Life last year. They made Alundra back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Tried the demos for mr driller & mojipittan they are now both on my purchase list and they aren't much at all just a few thousand yen and thats for physical too. Need to dig deeper and see what else i have been missing on amazon japan.
          Mojipittan is fantastic and it's taught me a lot of new words. I often play it with my wife but I haven't tried it online yet. I got the DS version to play on the train* but the small screen makes the explanations difficult to read so the game is less about learning words and more about putting random letters in to see what works!

* when your wife plays Zelda, you damn well better leave the Switch at home

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            Mojipittan is fantastic and it's taught me a lot of new words. I often play it with my wife but I haven't tried it online yet. I got the DS version to play on the train* but the small screen makes the explanations difficult to read so the game is less about learning words and more about putting random letters in to see what works!

* when your wife plays Zelda, you damn well better leave the Switch at home
            Mojipittan is a lot of fun but my vocabulary holds me back in some stages especially the ones where you need to make so many long words to clear it. I love how some stages it makes you use characters in clever ways, hoping the switch one has online i used to play battle mode in the wii version and have my ass handed to me against japanese people my only amazing victory when i got personal computer on a level the longest ever word i managed to create in any version lol

800 stages is a lot of content, also love how there’s themed Stages there’s a katamari one in the demo along with its own song. Hoping all the songs from the previous games are in this version the wii has a lot but the ds version only had a few in but thankfully my fave was in there. The soundtracks to these games are awesome.
            Last edited by importaku; 29-06-2020, 06:35.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              hoping the switch one has online
              It does, but I haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                It does, but I haven't tried it yet.
                Yay, well when get it next month if you want to play Taisen mode with us I’m up for getting my ass handed to me lol. I’m a god at 2 and 3 letter words but I struggle as they get longer so you’ll wipe the floor with me I tend to have my dictionary app open as I play it’s great Japanese practice.

Comment

Jupiter quickly teased a MegaDrive and Mark III edition of Picross S. I do love me some Picross S.

I found this google translated description on the BitSummit site..

Sega's master characters have become a Picross problem and appear on Nintendo Switch™!
                  "Picross S Megadrive & Mark Ⅲ Edition (Tentative)" is based on the "Picross S" series and contains problems with motifs based on Sega's masterpiece titles.
                  We selected 59 classic titles such as “Alex Kid”, “Sonic the Hedgehog” and “Phantasy Star” from Mega Drive and Sega Mark III software, and 180 characters and items were picked from them.

Comment

Just played the Mr Driller Drill Land demo and this game is more of the same, but still so addicting and good.

Comment

No such word as 'addicting', mate. It's an Americanism that needs dropping into the sea from a great height.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        No such word as 'addicting', mate. It's an Americanism that needs dropping into the sea from a great height.
                        Flashback to me playing PSO back in the day and thinking it was a typo

Definitely giving that Mr Driller demo a try later on though, it's been a while since I played a game in the series.

Comment

I thought that. I've heard it so much on YouTube. I thought I was in the wrong saying addictive! I've fell into the same trap as my kids after mocking them! Saying candy and Okwa-man and trash! *Face palm ultimate strike!
                          Last edited by hudson; 30-06-2020, 14:17.

Comment

Nintendo are stopping third-party EU retailers (Amazon, ShopTo, etc.) from selling download codes for digital versions of their first-party titles after tonight. From tomorrow onwards, you'll only be able to purchase physical versions of said titles from said retailers - you'll need the eShop for digital downloads.

DLC and other add-ons are not affected.

Amazon UK look like they've already stopped selling download codes altogether, and ShopTo announced on Twitter that they'll stop selling download codes after 11pm tonight.

NUKS is still selling download codes but it doesn't appear that they will be affected for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              http://www.nintendolife.com/news/202...pean_retailers

Nintendo are stopping third-party EU retailers (Amazon, ShopTo, etc.) from selling download codes for digital versions of their first-party titles after tonight. From tomorrow onwards, you'll only be able to purchase physical versions of said titles from said retailers - you'll need the eShop for digital downloads.

DLC and other add-ons are not affected.

Amazon UK look like they've already stopped selling download codes altogether, and ShopTo announced on Twitter that they'll stop selling download codes after 11pm tonight.

NUKS is still selling download codes but it doesn't appear that they will be affected for obvious reasons.
                              To gouge that little bit more, presumably?

Do Nintendo have any plans to announce any new games for the system? Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                                To gouge that little bit more, presumably?
                                Possibly, although it's worth nothing that the download codes they sell on NUKS usually stay at full RRP.

More likely to stop other retailers undercutting them, I would've thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X