• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently:

-Star Wars: Vader Immortal Episode I
    -Paw Patrol: The Movie
    -The Avengers

Comment

I played through Resident Evil 2 on my steam deck, the remake. It’s pretty great. As remakes go, this was a fantastic approach, keeping almost everything that made the original great (well, maybe missing a few things like the spiders) and adding much better controls and some quality of life improvements all across the game.

I messed up first time around and completely ran out of bullets and so I restarted on the easy mode and I think that probably affected my experience. For example, I found Mr X annoying but not threatening and that probably would have been different had I still been on normal. He just got in my way while I was trying to do puzzle stuff. The added inventory pouches you could pick up really helped but I still find the inventory management a chore, resulting in backtracking all the time.

And RE2 is a bit oddly paced, or at least in this remake. I don’t remember noticing it back in the day but it was probably the same in that the mansion section (I mean police station) has so much going on and is like a huge puzzle in itself and then the rest feels divided into essentially levels - the sewers and the lab. Those later areas feel so separate. Whereas having just played through the remake of the original, in that game I found everything felt part of one experience. In this one, it was like the main game and then two sub-levels.

I must admit I found the 2nd story a little bit of a chore too. It’s such a great idea but just a little too close to the 1st run so I felt like I was playing the same game twice in a row. But still, I got through it to see the proper ending.

In spite of all those things, I think it’s a superb remake and a great game overall.

Comment

I played it through on normal and then on the 2nd run I used the all-weapon unlocks DLC and gonna have me some fun tonight.

Loved just spamming Mr. X (gon' give it to ya) with rockets or mowing down a room of zeds with the minigun.
        Felt cathartic after the traumatic first run through!

Comment

After finishing the RE remake and RE2, I loaded up RE0. But it has some display issues on the Steam Deck, with some effects overlay not quite working so there are a couple of lines on screen where I think that's supposed to be. And also it seems really really dull. The train setting is so limiting.

So I have abandoned it and I'm struggling for something to play. I'd like to play something that isn't dark horror murder stuff. Loaded up Fable and maybe I'll play a bit of that. The character models are criminally ugly. But I remember it being fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            After finishing the RE remake and RE2, I loaded up RE0. But it has some display issues on the Steam Deck, with some effects overlay not quite working so there are a couple of lines on screen where I think that's supposed to be. And also it seems really really dull. The train setting is so limiting.

So I have abandoned it and I'm struggling for something to play. I'd like to play something that isn't dark horror murder stuff. Loaded up Fable and maybe I'll play a bit of that. The character models are criminally ugly. But I remember it being fun.
            If you haven't played it, you could try Disco Elysium. That should work really well on the Steam Deck I reckon.

It's not exactly sunshine and rainbows and lollipops, but it's not quite dark horror murder either. And it's got genuinely good dialogue and interesting characters.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              If you haven't played it, you could try Disco Elysium. That should work really well on the Steam Deck I reckon.

It's not exactly sunshine and rainbows and lollipops, but it's not quite dark horror murder either. And it's got genuinely good dialogue and interesting characters.
              Yeah, I actually have this and haven't yet given it much of a go. I couldn't find the guy's other shoe in the first room. I should go back to it.

Comment

Dragon's dogma dark arisen

OMG. How have I never heard of this game? It came out over 10 years ago and I'm only just playing it?!
                Its right up my street. Its so good! OK the graphics are dated and probably weren't the best anyway, but the game play and combat is way ahead of its day.

Comment

52 hours in to Assassins Creed Origins now. Main game done and just mopping everything up, I’ll probably get months out of this yet!

Then I tried Powerwash Simulator. Whoever invented this is a sadistic bastard, it took me ages to clean that ****ing garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

Then I tried Powerwash Simulator. Whoever invented this is a sadistic bastard, it took me ages to clean that ****ing garden.
                    People keep recommending this to me and my reaction every time is: why though? Is it actually enjoyable?

Comment

In a word, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        In a word, no.
                        It’s the answer I needed.

Comment

Ignore that man.

In a word: yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Is it actually enjoyable?
                            It's the very definition of too much like hard work.

Comment

Ignore that man, too.

The joy of clearing every speck of filth off an object and hearing it ping… one of the most satisfying experiences in gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                                The joy of clearing every speck of filth off an object and hearing it ping…
                                That lasted for like, two wheels on the van

Comment

Working...
                                X