Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played a bit of Robotron (hard), Leave Home (not as good as I remembered), Ninjatown (great) and obvs some Overwatch

Comment

Also tried to get my son to try Deadly Premonition, but he could not get past the fairly dated graphics. Shame, he would have loved it, because he loved Twin Peaks

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        Yeah I saw it on sale. It definitely has the looks. I'm tempted by it.
        It's less than a tenner in the UK store IIRC ; definitely worth that I reckon. If I could have also played this version on the Vita it definitely would be worth it ; although that gives me an idea ! I wonder what it is like on cross remote play......

Comment

Opus.

Quite enjoying it. I can’t even begin to pinpoint the style. A mish-mash of all kinds. It’s nothing special, but quite a nice chill sesh of an evening.

Comment

Lots of Immortality, which is very special and definitely one of the best things I've played this year. That said, there's definitely a point of diminishing returns - when the mystery is mostly clear in your head, trying to chase down *every* clip can be quite repetitive and directionless.

Soul Hackers 2 is just a really big let down at this point. I'm still less than 10 hours in, and after one (slog of a) dungeon set in abandoned subway, I come back above ground for the obligatory 15 minute blast of story updates, only to then be sent onto the next area... a different abandoned subway. Are you serious, game?

Comment

Sad to hear that about Soul Hackers 2. I did get the vibe from the uninspiring art direction but sorry to hear you've wasted shekels and hours on it.

I'm still playing Yakuza Zero I'm up to about 60 hours at this point. It's such a fun game. The cabaret club management is just perfection, love it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Lots of Immortality, which is very special and definitely one of the best things I've played this year. That said, there's definitely a point of diminishing returns - when the mystery is mostly clear in your head, trying to chase down *every* clip can be quite repetitive and directionless.

Soul Hackers 2 is just a really big let down at this point. I'm still less than 10 hours in, and after one (slog of a) dungeon set in abandoned subway, I come back above ground for the obligatory 15 minute blast of story updates, only to then be sent onto the next area... a different abandoned subway. Are you serious, game?
                I'm glad I'm not the only one... I finished Tinykin yesterday and got straight into Immortality for several hours and I'm hooked.

It's crazy how well acted it all is and once it starts going weird it just feels really creepy... loving it

Comment

I am playing Whitewater Wipeout on Playdate every chance I get. It's a gem of a game and dangerously addictive. There is something simultaneously soothing and stressful about precisely piloting your little surfer along the wave with the crank, building momentum and combo multipliers up until it inevitably all comes crashing down due to an over-ambitious quadruple spin attempt.

Also, I'm nearly at the end of Yakuza Zero now, and that makes me sad I love spending time in the game's world. 6 will be next, but not until I've had a break. Yakuza games are too samey to do consecutively, I find, so they're best savoured one at a time. Then, somewhere down the line after that, I'll get round to 7 (by which time 8 will probably be out!).

Comment

As well as playing Z Warp and Andro Dunos 2 I picked up, wait for it, Rick Henderson on the Xbox store. Terrible name but interesting game. It’s an endless horizontal shmup. Your ship has three different type of weapons available at all times and you need to switch between them as the enemies can be taken more quickly with the appropriate shot type. For example armoured enemies can take a lot of laser fire but missiles will deal more damage. There’s also a graze mechanic with a fairly quick reward and a special which varies depending on which ship you are using.

Comment

Playin' racing games to decide on whether to keep the wheel set up. GT was decent with it, not keen on Forza.
                      Also, starting to make way on more Xbox stuff

Comment

As well as finishing Alan Wake while I was away, I played through Alan Wake’s American Nightmare. Wasn’t sure what to make of it but overall I enjoyed it. There wasn’t much to it.

No idea what to play next.

Comment

completed the demo of Wo Long I really liked it though I had no idea of the core mechanics and needed a summon to be the boss. The deflect mechanic needs major fixing as it was completely broken.

Comment

Dipped into Titanfall 2, which I want to finish as I'm really near the end. This has been brilliant.

Saturday, I just had the urge to blast some bugs, so dipped into EDF5 and bloody loved it.
                            Actually ended up playing through DLC1 by accident (looked for "Hardest" setting rooms).
                            Man, they're tough! Got schooled by them greys pretty fast!
                            Then a guy dropped in with the unlocks off and we upped our game with some heavy weaponry to tell the Ravagers to go home!

Comment

Blasphemous and Splatoon 3. Quite the contrast.

Comment

I completed my playthrough of The Last of Us remake. No regrets about splashing the cash at launch. It looks and plays amazing. The new gen goodness only adds to an already fantastic game.

I followed up by starting Cyberpunk 2077 on the PS5. Must be the most impressive game world I've ever seen. Love how edgy it is too ... not just 18 for the violence, it's a proper adult game.

Comment

Working...
                                X