This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    Definitely. The story is like a filler episode. It's not really about anything.
    I did finish it, but I'm not sure I'd go back it to. Shame because I played through the first one a couple of times.
    Yep!

Wifey finished it a few days ago and has been doing some remaining side quests but she’s done with it, now.

I dropped the difficulty to easy and finished the cauldron quickly. I’m back outside and good Lord, this game is a looker. It’s stunning.

Comment

Finished off the last few trophies from The Last of Us Part 2 decided to play Yakuza Like a Dragon
      2 Kiwami. Geez I have missed Kiyru. He is the absolute best. Didn't realise Sotenbori was in this game but I know the map like the back of my hand from playing 5? I think it was?? Loving it
      Last edited by Finsbury Girl; 27-09-2022, 07:25.

Comment

Plodding along with return to monkey island on the switch. It’s the first game in ages I got on day of release. I have such found memories of the first two games that I had to get this on release. Only on part 3 at the moment - which is fine by me as I don’t want it to end. Love it, the art style, presentation and music are superb.

Comment

NFS heat

Yeah, like all the NFS games, it very quickly became boring. The game loop is never really enough. It's fun enough, just not interesting enough.

Comment

Space Marine Anniversary Edition

I thought I was getting 40K: Gears of War Edition but it's a lot slower and clunkier. The FOV can feel claustrophobic and the game has checkpoints before cutscenes, corridors and loading lifts. Fights can feel tedious. I like getting into melee combat and recovering your health by doing finishers, but your health gets obliterated by all the gunfire, and that happens while doing the finishing moves also. It's not satisfying.

It's not a long game and I'm nearly done with it, so I'll keep playing but its 5/10 at best.

Comment

Haven't been able to put down taiko donderful festival since it launched it's pushed everything out of the way. Probably the best taiko game to have ever graced a console the track list is incredible with already 673 songs and that's before they start adding in new ones to the music pass that the plan on top of the additional paid dlc song packs. My trial pass ran out so now i have paid up 500 yen for another 30 days it's cheap enough where it doesn't bother me, i dread to think of how much playtime i have done so far my switch is only telling me how many days i have played need to wait for it to show the hours. Completed the story mode and got 54 of the 70 ish trophies, still have toy battle and band mode to complete hell i haven't even started playing people online yet there's a crazy amount of content in this one, i love unlocking costumes some you get as rewards for levelling up other are rewards for getting a trophy achievement.

Current drum level is 322, i'm enjoying the solar system costume so far but there are some crazily silly ones, i lost it when i was given the don chan shopping trolly costume i cant use it as i miss loads of notes laughing. You also get little companions you can equip to dance next to you they even give you little pacman to join you.

My current challenge is clearing the ura oni stuff as one of the trophies is tied to clearing any song on it thankfully they were not evil enough to ask for a donderful combo on a ura oni track.

Comment

I finished Outcast Second Comtact and absolutely loved it. Yes, it has a lot of jankiness from the original game and some unintentionally hilarious cut scenes, but the game itself is fantastic and the world is beautiful. I think it still holds up well today in this form.

I’m now in the early parts of Mad Max. I’m enjoying it so far but worried it’s going to be too ‘go here do this’ if you know what I mean.

Comment

Finished Return to Monkey Island. It was great! Better than expected all round, and an ending that got a big ol' lump in my throat.

Started Valkyrie Elysium, which I'll likely go do an FP thread about in a sec. It's an alright action game with the vaguest sprinkling of Valkyrie seasoning.

Also started getting Air Twister on the go, which is like if Panzer Dragoon and Alice in Wonderland made babies while someone was doing Queen songs on a karaoke machine in the background.

Comment

I picked up Splatoon 3 a week ago and am completely hooked. It's my first Splatoon and I can't believe it took so long for me to try it. Still rubbish, mind, but it's one of those games where you don't mind losing as the core gameplay is sooo good.
                    I've also pre-loaded the Nier Automata​port as the reviews are great and I've been dying to play it for years

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I finished Outcast Second Comtact and absolutely loved it. Yes, it has a lot of jankiness from the original game and some unintentionally hilarious cut scenes, but the game itself is fantastic and the world is beautiful. I think it still holds up well today in this form.

I’m now in the early parts of Mad Max. I’m enjoying it so far but worried it’s going to be too ‘go here do this’ if you know what I mean.
                      Keep with Mad Max... It is very much an exercise in clearing off icons on the map at times but the story does come good eventually.

I bought it for £3 in a sale and absolutely loved it by the end.

Comment

Mostly playing Street Fighter V Champion Edition. Finally got to my target of Gold rank! Also, been playing Vampire Survivors, which is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                          Keep with Mad Max... It is very much an exercise in clearing off icons on the map at times but the story does come good eventually.

I bought it for £3 in a sale and absolutely loved it by the end.
                          Yeah, I got it for next to nothing. I am getting into it now. The whole vibe of it is perfect.

Comment

My game of the moment is mostly Lost Ark and sometimes League of Legends.

SHAREit
                            Last edited by louzayong; 14-01-2023, 16:14.

Comment

After 40 hours of taiko i finally reached the end of the upgrade path it maxes out at level 400

Currently using one of the last costume headpieces to change my look, finished the great toy battle & don chan band however there's a few sub missions on great toy battle where you have to use certain toys or attacks. These are the ones i need to mop up to get most of the last 10 achievement trophies as they have a few more rewards for getting them. The volume of costumes i have unlocked is crazy there's a look for every occasion some are hilarious too.

Fantastic game, starting to try online battles now but there seems to be no option i can see for direct battles with friends. Either i have missed something in an option or they need to add it in later like the last game where they patched in private room battles.

Comment

Been playing a lot of lego worlds, mainly as adventure mode is a lot of fun as you explore your way through randomly generated lego biomes some of them are really pretty it's like been inside a giant toy set. I coughed up the £3 quid to buy the halloween monster themed pack as the monster towns are something else especially as i discovered you can go inside the houses and they are wonderfully decorated with interactable items you are rewarded with secrets galore for exploring. It's a little tricky to control and a bit rough around the edges but it's a really fun game i'm finding so far plus i'm stealing the hell out of anything i like the look of with the copy tool for whem i make my easter island themed lego tiki retreat.

Took a few pics in game as it's got a super cozy halloween vive to it the xmas world is just as cozy.

Comment

Working...
                                X