Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week, I are been mostly playing Elden Ring.

Comment

Tlou2.
      Its technically a brilliant game. But jesus it's a chore to play. Im just trudging through it a half hour a day. I can't be bothered with any longer.

Comment

Back on Sonic Frontiers. I'm still enjoying it but I would question the amount of moves available in the free roaming sections of the game. There's quite a few combo moves which isn't something I would associate with the franchise. It takes away from the pick up and play nature of Sonic games.

Comment

Played a good few hours of Tetris: The Grand Master recently, and clumsily got myself far enough to earn all of the trophies, but by 'eck those aspirations of GM are quickly being brought back down to earth. Definitely a thing that needs practice, practice, and more practice.

Not enjoying Sable as much as I'd hoped to. It's a bit more of an open world jaunt than I think I'd bargained for, and the process of getting from point A to B isn't particularly enjoyable either. Naturally it's the art style that's drawn me in, and I'm going to try and come back to it as I understand it's not particularly long either, but it's not particularly compelling.

Whereas I am getting plenty excited by Tunic. There's still plenty of opportunity for it to drop the ball (and based on our FP thread it would seem the combat isn't quite up to scratch to keep the later battles fair), but it's a lovely looking and sounding thing that has so much Zelda DNA running through it.

Comment

I no longer 'play games' per se. I now simply turn on my PS5, select a Modern Warfare 2 loadout with a combat knife, and run round the maps at top speed ganking people with it. WAH WAH WAH *Halloween noises intensify*

Yeah I should probably put this game down soon.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              WAH WAH WAH *Halloween noises intensify*
              Thought you'd be making this noise:

Comment

Yakety Sax might be the most appropriate soundtrack to my gameplay to be honest.

Comment

Been stuck on tetris effect most of this week, slowly levelling back up passed level 50 today, first time i have had a chance at the weekend since i got it to play the weekly ritual online. Managed to get to first place on the world leaderboards having to SS rank back to back for max points no easy feat

Comment

That’s awesome, good work!

Comment

Finally had a go on no mans sky on switch, i don't know what black magic hello games have used but it runs amazing. Sure the graphics are a little blurry but not that bad, the framerate is surprisingly decent considering even my vanilla PS4 struggled with this game at times. Started on an artic planet which made a change from the times i was dumped on a radioactive & toxic planets on my first attempts on PS4, so far getting used to the switch controls but it's all coming back to me it's freaky that i literally have a universe inside a handheld.

This game has made a mockery of all those devs who have released badly made jank on switch saying it doesn't have the power to run stuff yet hello games managed to make this demanding game run this well.

Comment

Elden Ring really has been a great experience.
                        Each night, I'm itching for the kids to clear off to bed so that I can do some more exploring.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Elden Ring really has been a great experience.
                          Each night, I'm itching for the kids to clear off to bed so that I can do some more exploring.
                          it really is a special game in that regard. As much as I think it is replayable, nothing beats that initial playthrough where everything is unknown and you get those WOW moments.

Comment

I've been playing Fallout 76 with a mate. It's a shockingly broken game, but with two of us it's pretty fun.
                            If it was a mainline Fallout it'd be the most empty map ever though. At least online people make their own fun.

Comment

I played through all the games on Sonic Origins. I always want Sonic CD to click… but it never does. Music replacements aside (that’s a big aside), it’s actually a superb package. Should have had more but Sonic 1, 2 and 3&K are all fantastic.

I then moved on to Call of Cthulhu. Overall, I think it’s really good. You’re investigating a mystery on an island and the atmosphere is great. You have free movement but, in ways, it’s almost like a visual novel. There are places to go and stuff to do but, for the most part, you’re playing to see the story unfold. It is mostly about investigation. So then a couple of sections where there are enemies really jar. With one of them, I had to look up a guide and I honestly have no idea how I was supposed to know what to do. In the chapter I’m on now, combat is thrown into the mix and it’s really weird and I’m not loving it. So the game feels in many ways like it was so close to being amazing but isn’t quite there. It’s good though. I’m enjoying it overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                                it really is a special game in that regard. As much as I think it is replayable, nothing beats that initial playthrough where everything is unknown and you get those WOW moments.
                                You've seen some of my snaps in the Elden Ring thread as I'm trying to drink in the visuals at times, which are so gorgeous.
                                I'd say this is prettier than the Souls games, just a little less grotty, generally.
                                A few times I've been stopped in my tracks at just what a pretty world they've created.

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                I've been playing Fallout 76 with a mate. It's a shockingly broken game, but with two of us it's pretty fun.
                                If it was a mainline Fallout it'd be the most empty map ever though. At least online people make their own fun.
                                I've been thinking about replaying Fallout 4 as I had so much fun the first time, but I'd probably get absorbed with making a superbase!
                                I've been tempted by Fallout Online, but I'm always suspicious that the primary aim is to make money, not create an interactive experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X