• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m really loving Boltgun right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      I’m really loving Boltgun right now.
      I really like the look of that. Any chance you could start a first play thread and give us your thoughts on it?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        I really like the look of that. Any chance you could start a first play thread and give us your thoughts on it?
        I did put just some bare bones early impressions in this thread but I’ll gather my thoughts now that I have played it more and I’ll make a first play thread: https://bordersdown.net/threads/1301...st-Plays/page9

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

Sniper Elite 2 - xbox 360. So fun.

Comment

Got around to starting Drainus on the Switch. Seems like a good hori shmup with a well implemented absorb / reflect system.

Comment

FF Pixel Remasters, still. Felt like **** on the bank holiday and basically spent the majority of day on my arse playing FF6. No regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  Here you go! https://bordersdown.net/threads/1307...er-40K-Boltgun

Comment

Been going in hard (In all definitions of the word) on Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

I used to adore ME1, felt ME2 was one of the best games ever made upon release and didn't touch ME3 due to all the online criticism and I had a new girlfriend at the time and had other focuses at the time!

I've completed ME1 and still think it's my favourite of the series, it's just the right blend of great characters, cool environments and for my sins, I loved the Macko. ME2's budget is clearly higher with more grand levels, bigger set pieces and a cooler story. I'm at the end right now and have sucked all the main quests and side quests dry and I'm ready to take on the suicide mission. Also, this is the first time I've played any of the ME2 DLC so have enjoyed the Shadow Broker quest and been able to knob Liara, which made me happy!

I'm feeling the draw of Tears of the Kingdom but want t hold fast and see ME3 for the first time, with all the DLC and bug fixes chucked in. Wonder how well it'll hold up?

Comment

Been putting a lot of time in recently to Enter the gungeon looked at my play stats and already been playing 60 hours i'm still pretty terrible but i am improving although on a new boss i tend to panic & start hitting every bullet on screen. Did manage to somehow kill the boss on the last floor with the combination of weapons i had on me and the fact i had a ticket item that let me call in the 1st stage bird boss to fight along side me. However i discovered that the game has MANY secrets and beating the boss is not the end as i still needed the bullet to kill my past a challenge in itself as you have to find all 4 parts and get them to the last floor in one piece which is a feat in itself. Just the primer left to get down there.

Took a celebratory pic of my end screen as i'm not seeing that again any time soon the game is brutal

Also found this...

It's a glitched chest apparently they are really rare and have a stupidly low percentage of appearing i had no idea what was in it so i was excited to open it. I was on the first floor so i had no weapons or items. BIG MISTAKE i thought it had skipped me a floor as i appeared on floor 2 but in a strange two room map as i went in the room i realised i was gonna die quickly not one boss to fight but 2 both occupying the same space with one glitching out over the second it's a really cool secret boss even has it's own glitched splash screen but i had no chance in hell of beating it. But i love how many secrets are packed into the game.

While playing today a new weapon spawned from a red chest so i knew it was going to be something interesting. It looked like a diving cylinder however when you fire it the thing launches a homing shark fin that makes the jaws duun nuun sound and when it hits an enemy a shark pops up and takes them down in 1 hit the thing is stupidly powerful. It even takes massive chunks off the bosses health bars however it only has a small amount of shots so my dreams of getting to the end were crushed as floor 4 made sure i ended there. But look at the thing it's bonkers, the amount of imagination on display for the guns is crazy lol. Love how randomly a synergy will pair something up to make it amazingly powerful & over the top. Determined to see how many secrets i can find it's a game like hades where i can put endless hours in & it still feels fresh.

Comment

Been away for a few days, but took the Vita with me for some more Darkest Dungeon.
                        Got a decent team that can ace the starter levels, then they started moaning it was too easy, so now I have to put them in the tougher dungeons where they're more likely to die, dammit!

Got a fair bit of cash and I've unlocked a good chunk of the building upgrades and I'm aiming to unlock everything, so that I can maximise my chance of surviving each dungeon.

It's still very tough at the next level up and I'm still losing people every so often. Don't get attached to your teams!

Comment

Had a quick go on killer frequency this evening it's good, it's really good. The controls are a bit on the clunky side as it was designed for VR & the controllers that re used for that but gotten used to it after tweaking camera sensitivity. The voice acting is really good and the calls you get pull you right into the story so far managed to save 2 people the latest by talking her through the steps in how to hotwire a car while the killer looks for her. The story and juggling the calls & music make for a really unique experience i'm loving it.

Comment

I've been dabbling in a few things. I did the tutorial in Tears of the Kingdom but I'm not in the mood for that just yet. Did the same with BotW and loved it when I was ready to take it on. Also, my son is playing it full-on right now and showing me stuff all the time

I've been playing a bit of Street Fighter 6 world tour mode. It's hardly Yakuza but it's good daft fun and a refreshing way to engage with the Street Fighter universe. It feels welcoming.

And yesterday I was off work and managed to put some time into Diablo IV. This has grabbed a hold. I know it's not for everyone but I find it so addictive.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Had a quick go on killer frequency this evening it's good, it's really good. The controls are a bit on the clunky side as it was designed for VR
                            I didn't know that. Loved the concept but this kind of puts me off a little bit.

Comment

Feeling guilty I've not bought and played Tears but just can't be arsed with it atm.

Not been playing much at all really but just tentatively started up again with Planescape Torment last night. I wanted something relaxing that prioritises reading and this is ideal for that. Haven't touched it in months though so it was a bit tricky to work out what I was supposed to be doing again, but think I'm getting there.

I also played the demo of Roadwarden recently, which was really cool. Again a very reading heavy game, a visual novel really. I think I might pick up the full thing.

And finally I purchased Hypnospace Outlaw last night, but haven't started it yet, because it got a big reduction on Steam to about £4.

All of this has been on my computer. As if I wasn't welded into this desk chair enough

Comment

I've started Evil West. It's kind of okay but feels like it will wear thin very quickly as the gameplay is so basic

Comment

Working...
                                X