Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been long enough that I think I can maybe talk about 3 some more now. It's not great, is it? I think every ounce of goodwill I had from the first game has now been spent in seeing me through to the end of the trilogy. The spin-off might be a totally welcome diversion at this point but even still I can't bring myself to prioritise it.

Comment

I kind of enjoyed 3 but it never reached the heights of 1 & 2, it started to get a bit convoluted with the new kaiju demon controlling mechanic think it has reached jump the shark point in the series. Hopefully they don't keep trying to make more & making the series worse by doing so, sometime a little of a good thing is more than enough.

As it's halloween played a little more of world of horror, the perfect game for this evening indeed found alsorts of creepy goings on however i seem to be screwed in learning how to defeat ghosts as physical weapons dont work so there's only ritual attacks and you have to figure out the sequence of bows claps and praying to do anything. Usually i just run away and take the doom hit but some battles you can't run. There's so much in here i have already played some mysteries more than a few times & it keeps randomising so i'm seeing new events that i didn't see in the first couple of attempts. Getting all the different endings for each mission is going to be tough but the achievements are worth going for as each of them unlocks something in the main game from new characters to new items & game modes thankfully they tell you what you need to do to unlock each one & you can track them so you don't forget.

Comment

In anticipation of EDF6 back into EDF5, I hoping to complete on Inferno. Only one level to do but it's one of those which the game cheats though I think it's doable unlike 4.1.

Comment

I tried Jusant, I climbed up a mountain thing for about ten minutes and I'd seen enough. It looks like that's all there is to it, and I didn't find it particularly compelling to want to climb higher. It's a case of press R trigger, press L trigger, release R trigger, press R trigger, release L trigger ad nauseam.

Seems like a bit of a pet project from Don't Nod, but I think I'd rather have had more Life is Strange.

If you like games that are just about climbing things, perhaps you'll get more out of it - it's on Game Pass.

Comment

I currently spend a few hours per week on the new season 6 of Battlefield. The new map is pure fan service to Operation Metro but I don't see the same flow as yet that you would get from the OG (and revisit in BF4). I think the chokepoints need tweaking but maybe just time for players to memorise the map. Anyway despite its many flaws it still is fun for brief periods. The new limited mode is interesting, not sure I love it but it is suitably chaotic so far.

Comment

I swear, at this point they should just make a next-gen remake of BF4 with some new additional maps and call it a day for the rest of the gen. It's insane that they remain so far from where that entry left things

Comment

Leading into the weekend

Xbox Series X - Jusant
                PC - Robocop: Rogue City
                PlayStation 5 - Spider-Man 2
                Deck - Sleeping Dogs
                Switch - Super Mario Bros. Wonder
                Quest 3 - Pistol Whip

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  I swear, at this point they should just make a next-gen remake of BF4 with some new additional maps and call it a day for the rest of the gen. It's insane that they remain so far from where that entry left things
                  I'd prefer remake of multiplayer-only of Bad Company 2 incl. the Vietnam expansion. That'd do nicely.

Comment

Currently making my way through Dave the diver, it's a really charming one. A roguelike underwater fishing game combined with a sushi restaurant management game it's a weird mix yet it works amazingly well, the loop of diving for ingredients & then the cooking and serving as well as all the side quests & the main story which is pretty good in itself with an underwater race you have to discover. Even upgrading all your diving gear to get further is addictive. There's so many cool animated cutscenes as well as some pretty impressive boss fights i really hope it gets a physical.

It's good, it's soooo damn good
                    Last edited by importaku; 03-11-2023, 14:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Leading into the weekend

Xbox Series X - Jusant
                      PC - Robocop: Rogue City
                      PlayStation 5 - Spider-Man 2
                      Deck - Sleeping Dogs
                      Switch - Super Mario Bros. Wonder
                      Quest 3 - Pistol Whip

Jusant is really good ...

Comment

Hoping so, I've still yet to properly start it as I've been pushing to wrap up SMWonder and further into SM2 so my Xbox time each day this week has solely gone into the daily achievement (currently using Firewatch)

Comment

Never been a huge Sonic fan but I'm enjoying Sonic Superstars. Playing on the Switch reminds me of the GameGear Sonic years

Comment

Completed Robocop Rogue City last night.
                            I enjoyed the experience, especially seeing areas from the actual movie and the action stages.
                            I am disappointed that there is no New Game Plus mode as I was hoping to start again and max out all of Robocop's specs for an awesome arse kicking experience. Sadly it's not meant to be.

Comment

I've now completed replays of Uncharted 1, 2, 3 & 4. Still bloody love the lot of them, warts and all. I particularly liked that when playing the fourth that my wife, who has zero interest in gaming, wanted to watch me play the whole thing through as she got caught up in the story.

The biggest irk playing through these again was the update that took forty minutes to download to play the fourth game. Very jarring since I've been playing mainly retro lately and have gotten used to just switching the console on and straight in to the action.

Will move on The Lost Legacy next which I always enjoy a run through of.

Comment

The story is really well delivered in the fourth game. The screenplay is good and the facial technology is excellent. It's properly credible.

I've been playing Resi Evil Zero and I'm nearly at the end. OK it's 20 years old, but the (mercifully infrequent) cutscenes make you want to dig your eyes out with a spoon. Honestly amazing how risible the scripting and acting still was by this point, their sixth game in as many years (I imagine the pace of releases was part of the problem, thinking about it).

Comment

Working...
                                X