This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved the original!
    One of the highlights of the 360 Indie Marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Loved the original!
      One of the highlights of the 360 Indie Marketplace.
      It was a gem. I’d forgotten about this follow up as I prepaid for it weeks ago. Nice surprise when the downloaded notification popped up.

Comment

Still playing Pikmin 3 Deluxe but failed my no-pikmin-deaths playthrough attempt at the final hurdle. Reaching the last stage with no pikmin deaths wasn't that difficult but, despite several attempts, I can't beat the final boss without a handful of the little helpers falling in battle. I had a good time trying though. Lovely little game.

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
        Hollow Knight - White Palace section - I think it will break me
        Don't give up. I know it seems next to impossible in parts, requiring long strings of pixel-perfect jumps and dashes, but persistence (and intelligent charm choice) will see you through.

Comment

Arbitrarily bought £25 of Xbox credit when I went shopping today.

Ended up buying SUPER HYDORAH and STREETS OF RAGE 4 whilst pissed.

There were no drunken mistakes tonight, every drunken thing I did was golden.

SUPER HYDORAH is *immensely* brilliant, a love letter to the FEEL of Gradius but using its own, cool powerup system.

What a game. WHAT a game. It's not quite Gradius but it kinda IS. £7.49 in the sale and I've seen it cheaper but love love LOVE!!!!!!

As for SOR4?

It's ***IMMENSE***. It's absolutely brill. I don't have Game Pass so I paid £16.49 to have it.

It was worth it. More than. This is grrrrrrrreat!!!!!

Really impressed by these two, they have made me smile beamingly.

Comment

Ni no Kuni (Switch)

I’m on an island where everyone speaks with Welsh accents. It’s proper tidy, like.

Halo:Reach

Four solid hours this morning. It’s glorious. I’m hoping I can finish it tomorrow morning and finally start Halo 4 which I’ve never played.

Comment

Originally posted by thinkitty View Post
              Don't give up. I know it seems next to impossible in parts, requiring long strings of pixel-perfect jumps and dashes, but persistence (and intelligent charm choice) will see you through.
              Cheers! Finally made it through, no idea how!! I'm closing in on finishing the game. It continues to be very awesome despite some of the rage inducing moments - I managed to get the item having to pogo on those centipedes....not as bad as White Palace but just as frustrating but equally when you finish it, the euphoria is real

Comment

Currently playing GRAND THEFT AUTO IV: THE LOST & DAMNED right now. BC on XB1. I've completed this DLC back in 2010 but I got bored of THE BALLAD OF GAY TONY cos the main character moves so slow.

Lovin' playing L&D again, turned the grimy filters off and it looks LUSH, incredibly atmospheric. This is why I prefer IV over V. The city atmos.

This knocks it out the park. I love this, plus I've never had my TV settings working so well. Pure joy all round!!!!!!!

Comment

Now on the above, TLAD tbh (because the main dude walks a lot faster than the bloke in Gay Tony), playing it as a walking sim, learning the city via my plates o' meat.

I really do like the lovely colours used, it looks beautifully, brightly autumnal and there's a real feel of character to the city, plus the sounds n' choonz just boooooooost that thick atmos no end.

Loving this. Feels so good to be back in Liberty City, now gonna try and find a place that sells threads, gonna be a nice, long stroll on a Sunday eve, stretch me legs n' that.

Comment

Lol, just stole a sleeping homeless man's mattress in Acter. Now I'm squatting on it in a teabagging stance and he's getting narked at me.

If he hits me, I'm gonna punch him to death.

Wait. Hang on. He's walked away. That's one lucky dude.

Comment

Fuggit, gonna give RESIDENT EVIL RESISTANCE a blast. It was bundled in with RE3 remake when I bought it in the sale a few days back.

Hear it's online multi but I'm just gonna give the solo practice mode a whirl, at least for now.

Comment

Had a blast on GTAOnline last night with my mates.

We're not... the most subtle of agents, so our missions normally go awry before we've even got to the destination and they take multiple attempts, before we drop to easy difficulty.

One mission saw us trying to kill a guy at the airport before his plane took off.
                        Finally did it by driving a truck into the hangar and blocking his path and him bumping it until his plane exploded.
                        We then had to escape and thankfully, they'd left a couple of jet fighters in the hangar.
                        I got out of the area, but a couple of other guys were trying to escape in a bus or something ridiculous.

I tried to provide air support, but ended up going so low, I crashed into a billboard, but unlike usual in GTA, I didn't explode, instead the plane just lost its wings and clunked to the ground.
                        I pressed the button to leave the vehicle, but instead, it launched me into the air in an ejector seat.
                        Then I thudded to the ground.
                        THEN the parachute opened!

Another mission saw us having to assassinate several targets across the city but a combination of them being in an armoured supercar, atop a skyscraper, in a mansion or in a helicopter made it tricky.

Finally did it by killing the car guy first with us in a chopper and on a bike.
                        Split up and we flew to the skyscraper, mansion and helicopter whilst the bike took out the other guy.

We also did a dogfight battle in planes and a motorcycle race.

The amount of hooning around you can do in this is ridiculous!

I have some silly money thanks to linking my Prime account, but not sure what to buy.
                        Might investigate buying the submarine in the new update!

Comment

Going into some Xmas time off I'm on:

Switch
                          Midway through Episode 3 of The Walking Dead: New Frontier. I start each new season unsure of them but once again I'm enjoying how this is panning out and it's much better than the show, even if I didn't appreciate how they handled Kenny in this one.

PlayStation 5
                          Going to continue picking at Blood and Truth but also punting on in Cyberpunk 2077 as my main focus

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Going into some Xmas time off I'm on:
                            Think about how many games you'll get through with some time off!

Comment

I'm hurriedly trying to get my parents to babysit as much as possible already Four nights lined up so far!

Comment

So I finished Reach and started Halo 4 straight afterwards. The opening few chapters was great, but then it got really boring. Things picked up a bit when the Prometheans showed up but then it got boring again. Also, the new music was generic, forgettable stuff. At one point it was just a chorus on loop. Booooring.

I was closing in on the halfway point and decided to up the difficulty from easy to normal which made it much more interesting. Then I met some humans(“I thought you’d be taller...”) and the story picked itself up, brushed itself off and ran in the direction of all the explosions like some crazy guy. Even better, I was given Promethean Vision and the game became The Predator. But it was I who was predatoring! Not wanting to be outdone by the story, the gameplay jumped up and switched gears from from meh to HELL YEAHHH.

There was this really cool monster called The Cadillac or something and he gave me chills. He was flying around in a huge black bowling ball, scanning things with an orange curtain of light and I WAS PILOTING A MECH!!!! And it was green! Master Chief green!

Now I’m in the desert on a huge wheeled behemoth gunning down Covvys like a mother trucker.

The graphics are soooo good and I still can’t believe this is an Xbox 360 game. I think it was the first proper 720p Halo game, too. Crazy.

It’s Friday night, I’m drinking gin made with mikan oranges and having a ruddy good time with Master Chief and the rest.

Well played, 343. Well played.

Comment

Working...
                                X