Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just started Ace Combat 7 - the multiplayer is very addictive even though I am completely useless.

Only a couple of missions in but the curse of not being able to save mid-way will frustrate me no end.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      I got the Evercade a few weeks ago for my birthday and then bought what I wanted on it - the Oliver Twins collection. I adore the Dizzy games and this collection has five of them on it. I'm sad that it doesn't have all of them and doesn't even have the best versions of them (they're all NES versions) but that seems to be a running theme with the Evercade. Nevertheless I have played through four of them over the last few days and enjoyed every minute of them. I absolutely love those games.
      Time to crack on with Wonderful Dizzy, and that's no yolk!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Time to crack on with Wonderful Dizzy, and that's no yolk!
        I've only played a little of that one so far but it seems really nice. They've done great things with the graphics, colour clashing all over the place.

Comment

I didn't even know they were able to still make anything with the character, assuming it was now under the EA lock and key, it's nice they're still doing stuff with it in a very pro-fan manner. It's been so long since I played an entry, the MD one I think

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            I didn't even know they were able to still make anything with the character, assuming it was now under the EA lock and key, it's nice they're still doing stuff with it in a very pro-fan manner. It's been so long since I played an entry, the MD one I think
            The Mega Drive one is truly gorgeous. For me, it's the pinnacle of Dizzy. The graphics are beautiful and the way it goes from day to night is lovely. But it is seriously punishing without save states. I have no idea how I had the patience for the mine cart bit back in the day. I remember having the entire thing mapped out on paper because it was the only way I'd eventually make it through.

Comment

Just more GTA Online.
              Spider-Man has ground to a halt!

Comment

I don't get what that has to do with Dizzy, QC.

Comment

Destiny 2 with a couple of mates.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    I don't get what that has to do with Dizzy, QC.
                    Because the guy turns into a platforming egg after killing 200 n00bs or something.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Because the guy turns into a platforming egg after killing 200 n00bs or something.
                      Ah okay. Carry on then.

Comment

You do wonder how they decided a platforming egg is something people would think would be cool to play.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          You do wonder how they decided a platforming egg is something people would think would be cool to play.
                          Apparently the intention originally was that he was a big face, not an egg. But everyone they showed it to kept calling it an egg so they went with it.

Comment

Hollow Knight. We don't seem to have a first play, which makes me think we must've lost a thread in the great purge? Because it feels like a game that lots of people here would like. There's some things I like, but in others I feel it's been a little overhyped as *the* indie metroidvania to end them all.

Comment

^I'm with you. I bought it about a year back but also keep holding off playing it cos of the hype. That and the fact playing a Metroidvania as a non-humanoid blob puts me right off. AND...it all seems a bit...scratty. But I know that's gaming prejudice on my part.

I might actually make a point about talking about it a lot on here when I finally get around to playing it proper. In fact, it might be the only Ignition key to make me start playing it!!!

But so many rave on about it...it's GOT to be goooooood, innit??.....

Anyhoo. Back on SUPER HYDORAH on XB1. I really, really like this game. I've spoken of it before, I know, but it just feels really, REALLY good to play. It's like Gradius control but with the comfy feel of X-MULTIPLY, minus the bizarre, biorganic powerup array. The FEEL of this is lovely, yeah it's a Gradius clone but it also kicks arse in its own way. I'm glad I bought it, anyway.

And I *still* adore the way it says "hy-du-rah" on the title screen, it really is lush n' cool.

Comment

I also don't recall a First Play on HK.

I think the cosmetics, initially, put the majority off, to begin with. That's us. It seems it's totally brill when you get into it.

I'm just not a fan of the aesthetic at all. Main character looks like a rabbit and you spend all your time fighting insects in a world of darkness, bones n' spider webs.

Not really appealing, to me. To kick off with.

But this is why we are on here, we persist, the low-hanging fruit is not on our radar.

Writing like this about it...you know what? Might finally get me around to finally playing the bloody thing, proper!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X